The Student Room Group

seriously not happy in 6th form

am i the only one still unable to make friends? everyone seems to be hanging around groups and i'm here just sitting at lunch and doing work cause i have nothing else better to do :frown: just need someone to relate to so i can feel better tbh loL
does it even get any better or is it too late? i literally try so hard to make friends but tbh i seem unwanted in every situation and it actually sucks
No. its' not just you, it does get better and you haven't left it too late.

Maybe look out for someone else who seems to be in a similar situation. Who else sits alone at lunch or in class? Ask if they mind you sitting next to them.
Alternatively look for a club, society or social event that you can go to and take part in, so that you have something to do with the other students. It's possible that they may see you working at lunchtime and get the wrong impression, thinking that you don't want to be disturbed, or that you don't want to speak to them. If you are really unhappy speak to a tutor. They are much more likely to be able to give ideas that will work in your particular situation. I hope it gets better for you soon.
Reply 2
Original post by Lit teacher
No. its' not just you, it does get better and you haven't left it too late.

Maybe look out for someone else who seems to be in a similar situation. Who else sits alone at lunch or in class? Ask if they mind you sitting next to them.
Alternatively look for a club, society or social event that you can go to and take part in, so that you have something to do with the other students. It's possible that they may see you working at lunchtime and get the wrong impression, thinking that you don't want to be disturbed, or that you don't want to speak to them. If you are really unhappy speak to a tutor. They are much more likely to be able to give ideas that will work in your particular situation. I hope it gets better for you soon.

Thank you for offering to help me, but those options are out of the window for me sadly :\ there are no clubs for the sixth form and everyone has a group. I do try to join groups but I seriously feel unwanted. kind of feel pathetic in a way. but I really appreciate your help though, thank you!
Reply 3
Original post by louisaah
am i the only one still unable to make friends? everyone seems to be hanging around groups and i'm here just sitting at lunch and doing work cause i have nothing else better to do :frown: just need someone to relate to so i can feel better tbh loL
does it even get any better or is it too late? i literally try so hard to make friends but tbh i seem unwanted in every situation and it actually sucks

trust me you're not the only one
normally in other schools and college, id find someone with the same interests as me
eg, we both like anime or both like kpop and then boom were friends
but in my current college its been a while but i still eat alone at lunch whilst listening to kpop on max volume loool
but i believe it will get better
somehow idk
Reply 4
Original post by animeamanda1412
trust me you're not the only one
normally in other schools and college, id find someone with the same interests as me
eg, we both like anime or both like kpop and then boom were friends
but in my current college its been a while but i still eat alone at lunch whilst listening to kpop on max volume loool
but i believe it will get better
somehow idk

I honestly wish we were in the same place. I have the same interests as you, omg LOL but when it comes to kpop or anime, I can talk endlessly about it. I believe it would get better aswell, or somehow I'd just figure out a way to cope lmao
good luck tO US!!!
Thank you for offering to help me, but those options are out of the window for me sadly :\ there are no clubs for the sixth form and everyone has a group. I do try to join groups but I seriously feel unwanted. kind of feel pathetic in a way. but I really appreciate your help though, thank you!

You may FEEL unwanted, but what if you're wrong? What if actually there are people in your year group who think you're OK. A bit quiet maybe but you're actually quite nice to others and they wouldn't mind talking to you. It's not easy to be confident, but it's hard to believe that you have given people a reason not to want you in their group. Have you spoken to a tutor? It's part of their job to help students enjoy their time at college and they will have probably supported other people with similar worries in the past. Don't give up!
Reply 6

You've only just started, it takes awhile. Try to force yourself and talk to others by making small talk and such, rather than waiting for someone to initiate a conversation.
What about talking to people you sit next to in class?
Reply 8
I honestly wish we were in the same place. I have the same interests as you, omg LOL but when it comes to kpop or anime, I can talk endlessly about it. I believe it would get better aswell, or somehow I'd just figure out a way to cope lmao
good luck tO US!!!

OMG NO WAYYYY
YOURE KIDDING
BRUH JUST COME TO MY COLLEGE MAN
i tried getting SOMEONE IN CLASS into kpop, everyone didnt like it i was so mad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending