The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

2017 Uni of Bristol applicants mega-thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Anyone got a maths offer yet? I'm predicted 4 A*s and I sent off my application a few weeks back but haven't heard anything from Bristol...
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Hi everyone

Does Bristol send acknowledgments because I still haven't received one😱
Original post by JessicaApple
Hi everyone

Yes they do. I recieved mine 2 days after sending it off
Original post by mahmzo
Yes they do. I received mine 2 days after sending it off

Eeek thanks I sent mine off on Friday... Still waiting for an acknowledgment😭
I'm getting worried...
Eeek thanks I sent mine off on Friday... Still waiting for an acknowledgment😭
I'm getting worried...

You you should get it soon. They dont work on weekends i think.
Original post by lion7
Anyone got a maths offer yet? I'm predicted 4 A*s and I sent off my application a few weeks back but haven't heard anything from Bristol...

Same. I think I have waited for the maths offer more than 2 weeks but still no any updates.
Reply 206
Original post by goofyygoober
Same. I think I have waited for the maths offer more than 2 weeks but still no any updates.

One of my friends who sent off his application 3 weeks ago got one within a few days, which is why I'm asking. It may have just been early though
Original post by lion7
One of my friends who sent off his application 3 weeks ago got one within a few days, which is why I'm asking. It may have just been early though

Same!!! One of my friends actually applied for Physics at the end of September and got the offer at the beginning of October (less than a week). However, a friend of mine in another school said that her friend has got the maths offer last Friday. I just hope they can give me some updates:smile:
Original post by goofyygoober
Same!!! One of my friends actually applied for Physics at the end of September and got the offer at the beginning of October (less than a week). However, a friend of mine in another school said that her friend has got the maths offer last Friday. I just hope they can give me some updates:smile:

What did you apply for??
Original post by mahmzo
What did you apply for??

Mathematics
Reply 210
Just got an offer for chemistry!
Hi everyone

I never got an acknowledgement from Bristol and I've got an offer! I wouldn't worry. What subject are you?
Eeeeeeek I've just received an offer from Bristol for MSci Zoology!!!:biggrin: I'm delighted! Hope you guys get your offers soon too!
i sent off my application for geography this time last week I think??? received an offer yesterday (AAA)!!!
Reply 214
Anyone apply for law? Just waiting on this LNAT deadline now :frown:
Original post by MJ15
Anyone apply for law? Just waiting on this LNAT deadline now :frown:

Applied for law last year (deferred entry). Applied in October, got an offer in March.
Original post by dontcallmesammy
Applied for law last year (deferred entry). Applied in October, got an offer in March.

What the hell that's ages! God it's so frustrating how law takes so long

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 217
Original post by dontcallmesammy

So Bristol take ages in replying, ahhhhhhhh
Original post by MJ15
So Bristol take ages in replying, ahhhhhhhh

I was told they reply quickly but apparently not :frown: so annoying

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dfbenjamin
Hi,

I've applied for Mathematics and Computer Science and have just received an email from the Computer Science department at Bristol inviting me to attend a 'visit day' on October 26. As I have already visited Bristol on open day, is it necessary that I attend this? I can't see much point on doing what is essentially another open day, especially considering I have already applied to the university.

Thanks for any responses.

From the Undergraduate Admissions Statement for Computer Science 2017

"Applicants who are invited to a pre-offer visit day are expected to attend as an indicator of
commitment to their chosen course.Although there are other opportunities to visit the department, such as University open days,offers are usually only made to applicants who visit as part of our programme of pre-offervisit days. Allowance may be made for applicants who cannot make a visit day due toexceptional circumstances, in these cases the applicant should inform the admissions teamas soon as possible. The department may contact such applicants by phone for an informaldiscussion."

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/media/undergraduate/admissions-statements/2017/computer-science.pdf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending