The Student Room Group

I hate my university

I hate my course so much, and i don't think i can hack the 3 years. Hell i can't even hack it for a few weeks. I want to leave/drop out as everyday i think to myself "why am i here". how do i go about dropping out?
What course is it? Why did you pick it/why do you hate it? o.o
Reply 2
Original post by newttella
What course is it? Why did you pick it/why do you hate it? o.o

History. i liked it at A-level but i don't enjoy it or find it interesting. I hate it because i just don't like the course and im not enjoying my time on it and i constantly look at my watch for the lecture to end
Reply 3
Do you actually hate the university or just the course? Would you consider doing another course at the same place?
lock the taskbar
What university do you go to?
Original post by Anonymous
I hate my course so much, and i don't think i can hack the 3 years. Hell i can't even hack it for a few weeks. I want to leave/drop out as everyday i think to myself "why am i here". how do i go about dropping out?

Look on the website for your uni procedure about withdrawing. Sequence of events.

1. Talk it through with student welfare.
2. Talk it through with course tutor.- you can see about a transfer to another course although a bit late now.

If decided then inform
1. Department.
2. Fees and admissions- filling out relevant forms.- you will most likely have paid for the first semester. £2250/25% is typical.
3. Accommodation. You may need to find a replacement.
4. Student finance.- who will ask for money back as overpayment.

You get a gift year with SFE so yu cna pick another course next year and still be fully funded.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Talk through it with your lecturers and Student Union. Discuss what your options are if you do withdraw - what will you do instead of University?
Think to yourself whether you are just not enjoying the lecturers (because of how they are taught etc), or if you have genuinely lost interest in the subject. If you decide you still enjoy the subject, but now how it is taught at that university perhaps look into getting a transfer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending