The Student Room Group

AS Further Maths D1 Textbook Exercise 3A Question 2a

hey guys, i'm kinda stuck on this question about spanning trees. There are 6 nodes arranged like a hexagon and I have to find all possible spanning trees for the network. The answer says that there would be 14 spanning trees, but when I tried it out I got more than 14... can someone explain to me why?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

it is best if you can post the question ?
What exam board are you doing? I think you're doing AQA as I have an edexcel textbook in front of me and question 2 on exercise 3a doesn't have an a and b part, also the graph is nothing like a hexagon, more of a..... dead snake?
which text book is this? if Its the same one I am using I think i should have gone past this point by weekend. so Might be able to comment within a few days.
Original post by the bear
it is best if you can post the question ?

Original post by Toasticide
What exam board are you doing? I think you're doing AQA as I have an edexcel textbook in front of me and question 2 on exercise 3a doesn't have an a and b part, also the graph is nothing like a hexagon, more of a..... dead snake?

Original post by Luke7456
which text book is this? if Its the same one I am using I think i should have gone past this point by weekend. so Might be able to comment within a few days.

Thanks for replying guysss! I really appreciate it.
I got to the answer a few hours after posting this thread :biggrin:
I am doing OCR and I will make another thread if I am stuck againn

Thanks xx
Original post by rayestar
Thanks for replying guysss! I really appreciate it.
I got to the answer a few hours after posting this thread :biggrin:
I am doing OCR and I will make another thread if I am stuck againn

Thanks xx

im doing edexcel so probs using a diff book to you

Quick Reply

Latest