The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Official imperial college london 2017 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dana.Ab
I have, just sent mine in today. Let's hope for the best!

Ooh yay, good luck! Where else are you applying?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by NeverLucky
Wanted to take a gap year and change course. Applying to Imperial again this year tho.

What was the interview about? Was it technical or more informalm
Good luck to you too! :biggrin: I'm also applying to Bath, Bristol, Loughborough and Glasgow, how about you?
Original post by Dana.Ab
Good luck to you too! :biggrin: I'm also applying to Bath, Bristol, Loughborough and Glasgow, how about you?

I'm Bath and Bristol too! Also Manchester and Queen Mary's. What subjects are you taking at the moment?
Original post by metrize
What was the interview about? Was it technical or more informalm

Definitely more technical, in some ways I found the questions more challenging than some of the questions I got asked in my Cambridge interview. It does depend on the interviewers tho.
Thank you, it was challenging as it was my first time doing something like that. Looking back, I think it was a nice equal mix between my personal statement and academic questions. The whole day overall was quite relaxed and chill. I spent most of the time outside of the interviews talking to the other applicants about casual things like what London nightlife was like and all that which I think definitely relaxed me before the interview. I didn't read much other than How Chemical Reactions Happen but that's a standard book really and pretty much everyone there had a copy with them, it was quite amusing really hahaha

That sounds pretty good, really hope I get an interview!:smile: I saw from the other post you wanted to change courses, so what are you applying for this year?
Original post by thatcooldude2.0
That sounds pretty good, really hope I get an interview!:smile: I saw from the other post you wanted to change courses, so what are you applying for this year?

Good luck! I'm applying to Chemical Engineering this year - it's more competitive but I hope I get an interview with the grades I got.
Good luck! I'm applying to Chemical Engineering this year - it's more competitive but I hope I get an interview with the grades I got.

Thanks! Good luck to you too!:biggrin: What made you want to change from Chem to Chemical Engineering btw?
Original post by thatcooldude2.0
Thanks! Good luck to you too!:biggrin: What made you want to change from Chem to Chemical Engineering btw?

Just decided that I preferred an engineering-based discipline really. I had a better focus on what I wanted to do in a career doing ChemEng than Chem.
Original post by Hannahbobanna
I'm Bath and Bristol too! Also Manchester and Queen Mary's. What subjects are you taking at the moment?

Ooh, I was close to choosing Queen Mary's too Cool! I'm taking physics, maths and further maths right now. You? How were your ASs?
Original post by Quido
Anyone got an interview or offer yet from Imperial?

I have an interview for Physics:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dana.Ab
Ooh, I was close to choosing Queen Mary's too Cool! I'm taking physics, maths and further maths right now. You? How were your ASs?

I'm taking maths, physics, art and AS further maths. My school already changed to the new linear A levels so I haven't actually done AS except maths (I got an A). How about you?
Reply 272
Original post by EmilyNinja
I have an interview for Physics:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:O Congrats, still waiting to hear from them D:
Reply 273
They're sending out Chemistry interviews too!
physics applicants, don't stress out waiting for an interview, it took me 3 months to get my interview so yeah
once again, I am a physics fresher this year, feel free to ask me anything! (pm pls) cheers
Hi, so I applied for straight physics, but now as I'm thinking about it, my personal statement turned out to be more mathematical than it probably should have been. Now I wish I applied for physics with theoretical physics. Should I change it in track or email the admissions team? Or maybe leave it as it is?
Original post by BeatrizEstrada
physics applicants, don't stress out waiting for an interview, it took me 3 months to get my interview so yeah
once again, I am a physics fresher this year, feel free to ask me anything! (pm pls) cheers

What did you get AS ums and predicted if you don't mind me asking
Original post by Cookiezi
Hi, so I applied for straight physics, but now as I'm thinking about it, my personal statement turned out to be more mathematical than it probably should have been. Now I wish I applied for physics with theoretical physics. Should I change it in track or email the admissions team? Or maybe leave it as it is?

leave it like that, you can change the course once you start first year
Original post by metrize
What did you get AS ums and predicted if you don't mind me asking

I didn't do a levels or IB, but you can see what I got on my profile and try to make a correspondence to a levels :smile:
Any biochemistry applicants heard anything yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending