The Student Room Group

Temple Mount? Forget it.

Today UNESCO confirmed its resolution which fully ignores any connection of Jewish people to the Temple Mount. In fact the name "Temple Mount" is not used any more. From now on it is "Al-Ḥaram Al-Sharif".

Full text of UNESCO resolution on “Occupied Palestine” approved at committee stage by 24 votes to 6, with 26 abstentions, in Paris on October 13, 2016.

Spoiler

Voting in favor were: Algeria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chad, China, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Iran, Lebanon, Malaysia, Morocco, Mauritius, Mexico, Mozambique, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Russia, Senegal, South Africa, Sudan and Vietnam.
Voting against were: Estonia, Germany, Lithuania, The Netherlands, United Kingdom and United States.
Abstaining were: Albania, Argentina, Cameroon, El Salvador, France, Ghana, Greece, Guinea, Haiti, India, Italy, Ivory Coast, Japan, Kenya, Nepal, Paraguay, Saint Vincent and Nevis, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Uganda and Ukraine. Absent were: Serbia and Turkmenistan.

A shameful resolution of a shameful organization.
(edited 7 years ago)
M8 I'm not even going to pretend to understand all that Legalese in the spoiler.
Can you maaayyybe tl;dr the spoiler because I've got to be honest I haven't a clue what's going on
Reply 3
Original post by Drunk Punx
M8 I'm not even going to pretend to understand all that Legalese in the spoiler.

Original post by Retired_Messiah
Can you maaayyybe tl;dr the spoiler because I've got to be honest I haven't a clue what's going on

I'm sorry guys, the text in spoiler was in wrong format.

It's a resolution about the Temple Mount, which in the document is called exclusively by its Arab name, as well as the Western Wall. It states that the Temple Mount is a Muslim sacred place only, ignoring any connection of Jews to Temple Mount. In fact it mentions only once the word "Jewish" in a negative context, while the words "the Occupying Power" are repeated 15 times.The resolution blames Israel in all possible crimes against the Temple Mount, including its intentional destruction.
The resolution is blatant attempt to revise the history of this most sacred place for Jews.
The Temple Mount is the holiest site in judaism, which regards it as the place where god's divine presence is manifested more than in any other place. According to the rabbinic sages whose debates produced the talmud it was from here the world expanded into its present form and where God gathered the dust used to create the first huma

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending