The Student Room Group

University: Considering Quitting

I've been considering quitting uni because it is just not my thing and I'm not enjoying my course at all as it feels I'm repeating a college course possibly due to the course being foundation. It involves subjects I have no interest in and I've already learned, had I wish the course told me these would be involved on the open day. My concern is the student accommodation tenancy paying the rent. Is there a way to stop this and stop any further payments to the uni or student finance I can do. Can someone please assist me in simple steps I could do to get this sorted, thank you
Original post by DarneyD
I've been considering quitting uni because it is just not my thing and I'm not enjoying my course at all as it feels I'm repeating a college course possibly due to the course being foundation. It involves subjects I have no interest in and I've already learned, had I wish the course told me these would be involved on the open day. My concern is the student accommodation tenancy paying the rent. Is there a way to stop this and stop any further payments to the uni or student finance I can do. Can someone please assist me in simple steps I could do to get this sorted, thank you

You need to read your tenancy agreement, it should be very specific about how to go about ending your contract.
The usual protocol is to find a repacement tenant and pay a small admin fee. The replacement tenant is the hard part. Basically someone has to keep paying your rent so if you don't want that to be you then you need to find someone who will agree to take over your contract.That said, if this is only the foundation year is it not worth sticking it out, next year is unlikely to be repetitive,
As @clairestelle says, you need to look at your tenancy agreement/licence to find out how to quit your tenancy. And doodle_333 is correct in saying that if you can find someone who is acceptable to the university to take on the tenancy, you should be able to be released from it, subject to paying whatever fees are detailed in your tenancy agreement.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending