The Student Room Group

Getting asked out by guys I don't like

So in the space of a week I've been asked out on dates by two guys. I went on a date with one and realised I really don't like him as more than a friend and I'm going on a date next week with the second guy but already I'm 80% sure I only like him as a friend.
There is this one guy I have had a crush on for a year now who's also on my uni course. Why is it that he never talks to me or notices me or asks me out but these guys that I don't even like ask me out and have a crush on me???
Reply 1
Lol because he doesn't like you.

It works both ways.
Reply 2
But it's so unfair that the one guy I do like never talks to me, all I want is him!!!!?
Original post by UWS

It works both ways.

PRSOM you beautiful savage.
Original post by Anonymous
So in the space of a week I've been asked out on dates by two guys. I went on a date with one and realised I really don't like him as more than a friend and I'm going on a date next week with the second guy but already I'm 80% sure I only like him as a friend.
There is this one guy I have had a crush on for a year now who's also on my uni course. Why is it that he never talks to me or notices me or asks me out but these guys that I don't even like ask me out and have a crush on me???

Firstly just be honest with guys you don't like and tell them, secondly we all want that person we can't get at some point but the harsh reality is there is nothing you can do if they don't want you.
Why don't you try asking him out?
Maybe you don't have the right qualities for him i.e. he doesn't like you.
Reply 6
Original post by AlexFam
Why don't you try asking him out?
Maybe you don't have the right qualities for him i.e. he doesn't like you.

Well the issue is the guy I like isn't in my friendship group or in any of my societies. All I've seen him in is in lectures or in labs and one time I was in a tutorial group with him. I want him so badly he looks so so so beautiful
Well the issue is the guy I like isn't in my friendship group or in any of my societies. All I've seen him in is in lectures or in labs and one time I was in a tutorial group with him. I want him so badly he looks so so so beautiful

Get to a lecture early, sit next to him and strike up a conversation.

While waiting to get into labs, try walking over to him and getting in on a conversation with him.

That makes it easier since there's no risk of awkwardness if he turns you down. Just ask him out one day at the end of a lecture or something. He says yes-great. He says no-move on.

There's no use *****ing about how unfair it is, particularly when you haven't even been rejected yet.
Reply 9
Original post by tengentoppa
That makes it easier since there's no risk of awkwardness if he turns you down. Just ask him out one day at the end of a lecture or something. He says yes-great. He says no-move on.

There's no use *****ing about how unfair it is, particularly when you haven't even been rejected yet.

Original post by AlexFam
Get to a lecture early, sit next to him and strike up a conversation.

While waiting to get into labs, try walking over to him and getting in on a conversation with him.

But I can't just go up to him and ask him out when I've Never even had a conversation with the guy before!!!
But I can't just go up to him and ask him out when I've Never even had a conversation with the guy before!!!

I told you to get in a conversation with him. I even gave you ideas.
Original post by AlexFam
I told you to get in a conversation with him. I even gave you ideas.

I don't know how to start a conversation with him like I don't even know where to start. When I like a guy I clam up and get all shy and can't talk properly. It's only with guys that I don't like that I'm chatty and jokey and smiley
I don't know how to start a conversation with him like I don't even know where to start. When I like a guy I clam up and get all shy and can't talk properly. It's only with guys that I don't like that I'm chatty and jokey and smiley

There is always something to talk about. Sit next to him, notice something he's doing or has, then point it out and talk about it then introduce yourself. Even talking about the weather. Just slow down your speech, pause before talking, don't fidget, take up a lot of room and get physical contact, you'll be much calmer and so will he.

Well there's the direct approach.

"Hey, I'm X. We're in the same class for Y? Yeah, so anyway I just thought you were really cute and wondered if maybe you'd like to go out some time?"

Or think of some excuse to talk to him. You need help with work, you have a mutual friend, you both like such and such hobby.
Original post by AlexFam
There is always something to talk about. Sit next to him, notice something he's doing or has, then point it out and talk about it then introduce yourself. Even talking about the weather. Just slow down your speech, pause before talking, don't fidget, take up a lot of room and get physical contact, you'll be much calmer and so will he.

I can't do it, I really can't. I just want some miracle to happen where somehow just somehow he'll come up to me and start the conversation, then I'll be able to talk to him
I can't do it, I really can't. I just want some miracle to happen where somehow just somehow he'll come up to me and start the conversation, then I'll be able to talk to him

If you don't have the balls to do it, then stop complaining about it.

What if he's thinking the same thing? :h:
Original post by UWS

It works both ways.

PRSOM. lmaooooooooooooooooooooo

Ah, a classic case of notashotasyouthinkyouare.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending