The Student Room Group

Easiest way to let a guy down?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mkap
yikes that sounds mean. im wary of peoples emotions so this will be hard

Sometimes it's the only way some people will get the message that you'e not interested.
Reply 21
Original post by Gatewaymerge
Yeah you should tell them straight up, are these people you know irl or just random weirdos messaging you on Facebook/IG?

theyre mostly people i know of, like friends of friends. ik a lot of people lol but keep my circle small ygm.
Original post by mkap
On my social media such as SC/IG/FB i do geta fair bit of guys popping up to me. we engage in conversation and stuff but if he displays that he has romantic interests in me and i dont feel the same way or the conversation get really boring then i cant be bothered talking anymore.

i feel like a ***** sometimes because i cant say it bluntly to a guys face i dont want to talk or im not interested back. instead if a guy asks do i want to meet up or hang out i used the phrase 'im sooooooooooooo behind on my uni work' or 'ill let you know when im free :smile: ' i say these simply because i dont want to hurt peoples feelings. once i told a guy i wasnt interested and he got butthurt then he insulted me :lol: (he appologized but i deleted him).

so whats the easiest way to let guys down saying your not interested in them. i can no way say it straight to their face because ill feel like the meanest person in the world (ive said to about 20 guys ill let you know when im free :rofl: :cry: )

Original post by mkap
On my social media such as SC/IG/FB i do geta fair bit of guys popping up to me. we engage in conversation and stuff but if he displays that he has romantic interests in me and i dont feel the same way or the conversation get really boring then i cant be bothered talking anymore.

i feel like a ***** sometimes because i cant say it bluntly to a guys face i dont want to talk or im not interested back. instead if a guy asks do i want to meet up or hang out i used the phrase 'im sooooooooooooo behind on my uni work' or 'ill let you know when im free :smile: ' i say these simply because i dont want to hurt peoples feelings. once i told a guy i wasnt interested and he got butthurt then he insulted me :lol: (he appologized but i deleted him).

so whats the easiest way to let guys down saying your not interested in them. i can no way say it straight to their face because ill feel like the meanest person in the world (ive said to about 20 guys ill let you know when im free :rofl: :cry: )

Stairs? :dontknow:

Spoiler

Sometimes if a girl I have no interest trys to slide in my IG dms and shlws interest. I give 5 hour replies or dont reply at all
I would a million times rather a girl was straight up honest with me and told me if she didn't want to hang out or get into a relationship with me. I'd understand. Anything else would hurt my feelings so much more.

If I ask you out, and you delay it, or say "I'll let you know when I'm free" then I'm going to ask again at some other time. And if that doesn't work, I'll wait and ask again. And again. Until you've called it off so many times I stop believing you and find out you were lying the whole time, for whatever reason. And that would lead to arguments. Because each time would upset me, and finding out it was all not entirely true "just to not upset me" would upset me horribly.

If a guy likes you, the longer you string it out with him like that, the more his feelings will get hurt. Be honest with him and he'll appreciate your honesty at least, if he doesn't he's a complete ****.

I've had an experience exactly like this which lasted about a year and a half and it damn well upset me. Please, please, do not do this to anyone. You might think it's making things better, but it makes it so much worse.

EDIT: I know my post was more on the friendship/relationship side of things and OP's was more about random people or friends of friends messaging her, but it's the same point or someone could relate to it more.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by FightToWin
I would a million times rather a girl was straight up honest with me and told me if she didn't want to hang out or get into a relationship with me. I'd understand. Anything else would hurt my feelings so much more.

If I ask you out, and you delay it, or say "I'll let you know when I'm free" then I'm going to ask again at some other time. And if that doesn't work, I'll wait and ask again. And again. Until you've called it off so many times I stop believing you and find out you were lying the whole time, for whatever reason. And that would lead to arguments. Because each time would upset me, and finding out it was all not entirely true "just to not upset me" would upset me horribly.

If a guy likes you, the longer you string it out with him like that, the more his feelings will get hurt. Be honest with him and he'll appreciate your honesty at least, if he doesn't he's a complete ****.

I've had an experience exactly like this which lasted about a year and a half and it damn well upset me. Please, please, do not do this to anyone. You might think it's making things better, but it makes it so much worse.

EDIT: I know my post was more on the friendship/relationship side of things and OP's was more about random people or friends of friends messaging her, but it's the same point or someone could relate to it more.

thats true i guess, i should always tell a guy straight from now on :redface: yeah some of the guys are friends of friends who then become friends ygm
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mkap
yikes that sounds mean. im wary of peoples emotions so this will be hard

I think you're so caught up with what you appear as to other people, you're not actually considering what is more painful for the other person. Being straight-forward and honest sooner rather than later is the kinder thing to do.

(Even if the other person does not appreciate it as such)
Reply 27
Original post by SuperHuman98
Sometimes if a girl I have no interest trys to slide in my IG dms and shlws interest. I give 5 hour replies or dont reply at all

yeah i do that but then i get a build up of unopened messages.
Reply 28
Original post by Hamoody
Stairs? :dontknow:

Spoiler

wow where have you been hiding :lol: not seen you post in agessssssssssss im good wbu :smile:
Original post by mkap
wow where have you been hiding :lol: not seen you post in agessssssssssss im good wbu :smile:

I've just been pretty wrapped up with stuff. My life went from this bored fella to a super duper busy businessman :lol:
rip the bandaid off is the best method, just tell them the truth

they may not like it but they will respect it more than being led on
Reply 31
Original post by yungaheartz

okay :smile:
Reply 32
I think being too busy gives quite a clear message, as long as it's not qualified. Everyone knows if someone's keen they'll make time. If this does work something like 'I'm sorry I'd rather not' is hard to argue with. No easy way to let a keen guy down gently mind.
Reply 33
Original post by Hamoody
I've just been pretty wrapped up with stuff. My life went from this bored fella to a super duper busy businessman :lol:

how is it in UAE :smile:
Original post by mkap
how is it in UAE :smile:

It's all great tenks :h:
Original post by yungaheartz

Agree

Posted from TSR Mobile
Christ, I thought you were talking about face to face

Woman up, and just say "I have no idea who you are sorry"
Original post by FightToWin

:ditto:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending