The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I received two offers from Birmingham for Geology (MSci), as well as Physical Geography and Geology (BSc) just last week. I sent my application off about 3 weeks ago with predicted grades of ABB. :smile:
Reply 1801
Original post by Bean sprout
Has anyone received an offer from Warwick for Economics?

One of my friends hasn't yet (and he's super good so will). It's a really competitive course so they will take awhile
Original post by Gold-Confetti
Hi guys! I applied on the 10/10/16 to study Law at:

Cambridge
Durham
Nottingham
Warwick
Newcastle

Currently have a conditional offer from Newcastle for AAA as of today, and a guaranteed conditional from Durham at ABB. Acknowledged by all 5.

Anyone heard from Warwick for Law? Nottingham said they'd get back to me a few days after my LNAT on Friday, so not concerned about them. Sent off the SAQ and everything for Cambridge too so not worried about hearing from them quite yet either.
Only asking because Warwick seems to be giving out offers in other departments. Thanks, good luck to everyone else waiting for decisions too! 😊

Hey! Im applying to law too, but I sent mine in on the 14/10/16 and applied for:
Oxford
Durham
Kings
Bristol
Warwick

I have got an acknowledgement email from Warwick but not offer as of yet - How quick did Durham give you an offer? Also isnt their grade offers A*AA?
Got a BBB offer from Plymouth today (psychology)!
Reply 1804
Just received an offer from Bristol for chemistry😊
Original post by Moogle679
That's awesome, we could end up at the same place! What are you thinking for firm and insurance (if you have/get all your offers)? Good luck with Warwick and Oxford! :smile:

Awh thanks! I've already gotten an offer from Bath and Warwick! How are you doing with it all? Sent if off yet?
Has anyone applying to chem eng got an offer yet?
Original post by cami.w
No acknowledgement from Stirling, perhaps they just don't send one? They're the only ones that i haven't had an offer from.

Yes, offers from Swansea and Portsmouth. Do you have any?

Sorry if I'm wrong but I believe I read on another thread that Stirling don't send acknowledgements.
Original post by XxsciencemathsxX
Awh thanks! I've already gotten an offer from Bath and Warwick! How are you doing with it all? Sent if off yet?

Ah you're so lucky I really hope I get an offer from Bath too! I submitted mine to my college last week and they were supposed to send it off today but never did :frown: I'm just praying they send it off before half term as no one will be in during that week
Original post by AlexBakSik
Has anybody been acknowledged by Manchester? I applied for Chinese but haven't heard from them.

No I applied for economics last week. I heard nth from them. I don't think they do welcome emails
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Interview at ICL :hide:

WOW! That's amazing? When is it and for what subject? So far I have only gotten an acknowledgment from them.
Just got an offer to study Law at University of Birmingham!
Original post by eatyourmattress
Just got an offer to study Law at University of Birmingham!

Congrats!
When did u apply?
Original post by AlexBakSik
Has anybody been acknowledged by Manchester? I applied for Chinese but haven't heard from them.

I applied for medicine at Manchester on 22/09, only got 'acknowledged' today when they sent out an extra form they make medical applicants do, which is the experience as everyone in the Manchester medical applicants thread. I don't think they do an official acknowledgement email.
Original post by denkata
WOW! That's amazing? When is it and for what subject? So far I have only gotten an acknowledgment from them.

Chemistry - 9th November, and thanks :hugs:, what are you applying for?
Just got an offer from bath for natural sciences!!!!! 😁😁😁😁😁
I sent my application for astrophysics at York, Nottingham, Lancaster, Leicester and Sheffield a week ago. I've had acknowledgements from all of them and been invited to an interview at York. Has anyone else been invited to an interview or had an offer back from any of these unis?
Original post by ob-hockey
Hey! Im applying to law too, but I sent mine in on the 14/10/16 and applied for:
Oxford
Durham
Kings
Bristol
Warwick

I have got an acknowledgement email from Warwick but not offer as of yet - How quick did Durham give you an offer? Also isnt their grade offers A*AA?

Durham acknowledged on the day and offered a few days later.

Yes, you're right, their entry requirements would usually be A*AA, but I did a programme with them that meant an extensive bursary (if firmed) and a guaranteed conditional offer if I applied. Normally they'd drop the offer to AAA or they said possibly AAB, but by some miracle I impressed them so got an ABB offer 😁

I think for most applicants Durham will wait until later on though.
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Congrats!
When did u apply?

Exactly a week ago :smile:
Anyone received an acknowledgement from Leeds for any subject, or specifically nursing, application went in on 11/10/2016 and still no acknowledgement? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending