The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dirtybit
Lol at United getting more stick for drawing with Liverpool than other teams that got slapped by them.

Terrible mentality, dreaming for top 4 ffs

You do realise you've contradicted yourself. You're complaining about United getting too much stick, but that's the sort of complaint that someone aiming for top four would make. If we're aiming to challenge for the league, then yeah, we should be bitterly disappointed that we didn't beat an under-par Liverpool team last night.
Original post by Lúcio
1) I'll hold you to that - we'll finish above you and at least I'll enjoy watching my team play football week in week out. Get used to those "tactical master classes" while they bore you to tears...

2) Lallana and Lovren are excellent buys - just because they wouldn't apparently get in your side, doesn't mean they aren't vital players for us. Stop being elitist towards players in a team that is currently doing better than you.

3) I said RECENT years, not dating back to when we bought Carroll...

4) Your spending is abysmal. You fork out hundreds of millions every year in the desperate hope that you can compensate for losing SAF. All the while you still maintain the notion that you should have the right to win trophies without actually playing well enough to attain them.
If you don't win a competition, you didn't wanna be in it anyway right?

1 - Lets see :smile: Whatever floats your boat, I'm happy watching United.

2 - I disagree, it depends on what standard you judge them with. The key thing to remember is that form is temporary whereas class is permanent.

3 - Why not? you don't have to "date back" to the Carroll nonsense, it was relatively recent.

4 - We don't spend to compensate for losing SAF, we spend to compensate for losing Scholes, Vidic, Rio, Evra, Hernandez, Rooney (more or less), RVP, Fletcher and Giggs. I never said we have a right to win trophies, thats just you being insecure about United's stature. Remember I'm not arguing United's transfer business has been amazing, I'm just saying its been better than yours.

If you want to talk about spending consider this, you're the fourth highest spender in the PL's history and haven't won the league PL yet....
SAF to Lucio
[video="youtube;Tl1dc2cEJfs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl1dc2cEJfs[/video]
Original post by Kenan and Kel
You do realise you've contradicted yourself. You're complaining about United getting too much stick, but that's the sort of complaint that someone aiming for top four would make. If we're aiming to challenge for the league, then yeah, we should be bitterly disappointed that we didn't beat an under-par Liverpool team last night.

Nope not really, my point I was making is that we are getting MORE stick than other "title contender" teams who got their ass whooped which does not make sense. This point still stands regardless of what we are going for.

In any case, if you are going for the title you can take a couple draws to your rivals AWAY from home especially early on in the season. Mourinho set us up so that we did not lose which would be a disaster then. He knew what Liverpool were capable of. It was rather us neutralising them, than them being under-par. Anyways I'm not saying I am happy we drew but that we did not lose is the most important thing, as it would allow liverpool to gain momentum and hold us back from the title even more.
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
1 - Lets see :smile: Whatever floats your boat, I'm happy watching United.

2 - I disagree, it depends on what standard you judge them with. The key thing to remember is that form is temporary whereas class is permanent.

3 - Why not? you don't have to "date back" to the Carroll nonsense, it was relatively recent.

4 - We don't spend to compensate for losing SAF, we spend to compensate for losing Scholes, Vidic, Rio, Evra, Hernandez, Rooney (more or less), RVP, Fletcher and Giggs. I never said we have a right to win trophies, thats just you being insecure about United's stature. Remember I'm not arguing United's transfer business has been amazing, I'm just saying its been better than yours.

If you want to talk about spending consider this, you're the fourth highest spender in the PL's history and haven't won the league PL yet....

1) That's rich because we both know you'd agree his football is boring were he managing any other club. Unless he's winning you trophies, you can't really justify how poor it is for the viewer.

2) You can't make that statement. Class means nothing if the players don't work well in the team they play for. The reason why I picked out Lallana and Lovren specifically is because they had slow starts to their Liverpool career but have now become very important members of the squad. Remind you of anyone? Smalling and DDG perhaps?

3) Because when I said "recent transfers", I'm talking about the last few years. We've had time to sort our transfer policy and it's clearly worked because we're much better with buying and selling now.

4) You clearly do. Regrettably, SAF is the greatest football manager in history and you wouldn't have achieved half of what you have without him. He turned awful players in to brilliant footballers and he did so without necessarily spending too much. Look at you now, desperately flinging money around in an attempt to paper over cracks. The "throw the money at it" technique isn't actually a solution you know...

Well I'd say we're among the 4/5 biggest teams in the Premier League so why is that a surprising statement? Arsenal haven't won it since 03/04 and you haven't won it since SAF left. Until you win it again without that man dragging you along, I don't think you have much to say.

Loving the white knights though. At least you have thirsty boys to back you up!! :smile:
Original post by Dirtybit
Nope not really, my point I was making is that we are getting MORE stick than other "title contender" teams who got their ass whooped which does not make sense. This point still stands regardless of what we are going for.

In any case, if you are going for the title you can take a couple draws to your rivals AWAY from home especially early on in the season. Mourinho set us up so that we did not lose which would be a disaster then. He knew what Liverpool were capable of. It was rather us neutralising them, than them being under-par. Anyways I'm not saying I am happy we drew but that we did not lose is the most important thing, as it would allow liverpool to gain momentum and hold us back from the title even more.

We were below par in the first half. Lallana came on and we improved showing that we missed him and Wijnaldum yesterday (Can was a bit slow to everything).

Tbh there's a difference between settling for a "good" point away to rivals and aiming for a point.. SAF sometimes would get his sides to try and neutralise Liverpool and the crowd but he still had enough attacking intent to often win the 3 points.

Other than the Ibrahimvich header, I don't think Man Utd created anything of note. Was like watching an expensive version of Pulis' Stoke side.

On whoever said class is permanent - Mourinho is about as classless as they come..!
Original post by Lúcio
The "throw the money at it" technique isn't actually a solution you know...

..but look at City now. They bought their way to success.
Original post by trapking
..but look at City now. They bought their way to success.

LeBron or Kobe?
Original post by swirly
LeBron or Kobe?

LeBron James all day long.

Mila Kunis or Scarlett Johansson?
LeBron James all day long.

Mila Kunis or Scarlett Johansson?

Scarlett Johansson. Those assets doe.

Queen Rania of Jordan or Catherine Duchess of Cambridge?
Original post by swirly
Scarlett Johansson. Those assets doe.

Queen Rania of Jordan or Catherine Duchess of Cambridge?

Bruhh those assets got me like

Spoiler

Catherine. My word :coma:

Sarah Jane Mee or Hayley McQueen?
(edited 7 years ago)
Bruhh those assets got me like

Spoiler

Catherine. My word :coma:

Sarah Jane Mee or Hayley McQueen?

Did you atleast google Queen Rania of Jordan. Absolute worldy.

Neither. Kate Abdo hehe.
Original post by swirly
Did you atleast google Queen Rania of Jordan. Absolute worldy.

Neither. Kate Abdo hehe.

I did and it was hella close; Catherine had the better figure. Rania is a bit of a bread stick but got the aesthetics doe.

Agreed, KA >>>
Luke said Lovren was an excellent buy lol

Are you a recruitment consultant @SirAlexFerguson ???

Asking for @SA-1

Also, @Lyrical Prodigy is one of them people who quote tweets jokes on twitter and says things like "I'm dead", "I'm finished" and "sfjasbgsdkdsgdfsbgdgdf"
Original post by zKlown
Luke said Lovren was an excellent buy lol

Started off poor but adapted to the team and is now our best player in his position.

By your logic, DDG wasn't a good buy...
We made Liverpool look poor. Beat them at their own game and they had no answer.

Also apart from Can's effort Liverpool didnt create anything. Coutniho's shot was never troubling De Gea so can't use that argument. We missed the best chance.
Original post by Lúcio
Started off poor but adapted to the team and is now our best player in his position.

By your logic, DDG wasn't a good buy...

We'll see

You can't say he's an excellent buy based on good form. De Gea has been top notch for nearly 5 seasons now.
Original post by zKlown
We'll see

You can't say he's an excellent buy based on good form. De Gea has been top notch for nearly 5 seasons now.

I wouldn't call it good form though - he's been very good for us for a while now.

I'm not saying that he's a top notch defender btw, I'm just saying he works well in the current team he's in. Therefore he's a good signing for Liverpool, perhaps not for a better team.
Original post by Lúcio

Well I'd say we're among the 4/5 biggest teams in the Premier League so why is that a surprising statement? Arsenal haven't won it since 03/04 and you haven't won it since SAF left. Until you win it again without that man dragging you along, I don't think you have much to say.

Posted from TSR Mobile

"We haven't won a title in 26 years but you haven't won one in 3 years so you can't talk"

Strong everything
Original post by difeo
Posted from TSR Mobile

"We haven't won a title in 26 years but you haven't won one in 3 years so you can't talk"

Strong everything

Difeo pls, I was talking about United showing they're past their reliance on SAF.
He's the greatest manager that ever lived. He made random players like Macheda win you a bloody title, it's insane.

You've absolutely plummeted since he left. Do you honestly think a SAF side would ever "play for a draw"?

Latest