The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Leukocyte
One of my friends kept nagging me to join the Pak Soc and I did eventually. I didn't really see a point tbh, just puts you in a very haram environment. And most events which they planned included dancers + music to fundraise. I didn't fit in too lol

Yeah sorry I didn't mean it in that way, I know brothers have issues too, the video I posted was aimed at both genders, if you have time, watch it :smile:

But you're a guy.

Walaykum asalaam.

How are you? :colondollar:
One of my friends kept nagging me to join the Pak Soc and I did eventually. I didn't really see a point tbh, just puts you in a very haram environment. And most events which they planned included dancers + music to fundraise. I didn't fit in too lol

Yeah sorry I didn't mean it in that way, I know brothers have issues too, the video I posted was aimed at both genders, if you have time, watch it :smile:

But you're a guy.

Walaykum asalaam.

You okay?
How did that lecture go? Or I am asking the wrong person? I'm confused.
Original post by beautifulxxx
Is kitab al kafi (If I've written it correctly) the shia version of bukhari or kutub al-sitah (six books of hadith) or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes.
Original post by IdeasForLife
I wouldn't take part in making them IRL purely because at some point or another, official soc events will take place which may be accepted by Pakistani culture/society but not by Islam. You might not have a direct hand in creating such events but you'd have had a hand in facilitating a platform on which you knew they would take place. I helped make something like this before and I didn't think it through before starting, eventually came to regret my participation.

I don't know about the nationalism aspect. You should ask a scholar.

Too late :frown:

But you're a guy.

Walaykum asalaam.

That's true. Those events are a waste of time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4224
Yes.

wouldnt the reject most of the hadiths bc they hate the companions :lol:
Is kitab al kafi (If I've written it correctly) the shia version of bukhari or kutub al-sitah (six books of hadith) or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Salamunalaikum sister,

I feel as a shia muslim, i am best placed to answer this. Someone else may not give a fair account here.

The answer would be yes, and no at the same time.

While it is one of our main books, and one of four key canonical works, we do not call it 'saheeh al kafi'. Therefore, one must be very careful when reading it, and each and every ahadith must be tested through ilm al rijal - the science of hadith, and narrators, to ascertain the reliability.

If you have anymore questions, feel free to directly PM me. You could alternatively ask it here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4178104
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4226

JazakAllah Khair, this has made it more clear to me now and I understand what to say regarding the issue :smile:

Original post by YouHaveProblems
Is this for a fact? I watched a video where they said that of course you are allowed to show the head without the hijab before marriage and that some sahaba wanted to see even more

Yes, we are not allowed to take off our hijab for them:
http://www.zawaj.com/askbilqis/see-woman-without-hijab/
https://islamqa.info/en/2572

Which video did you watch?
(edited 7 years ago)

Well we all makes mistakes. Atleast you know for the future.

Original post by mkap
wouldnt the reject most of the hadiths bc they hate the companions :lol:

They don't reject all the companions (not that it makes it any less worse).

Zamestaneh and Boondock Saint can answer you better on this topic. They were actually discussing shia hadith a few pages back.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ayaz789
How are you? :colondollar:

Alhamdulillah well, thanks. You?

Original post by ak143244
You okay?
How did that lecture go? Or I am asking the wrong person? I'm confused.

Alahmdulillah yes I am, thanks for asking.
I had no lectures today. I went to UoB to meet my friend there. I ended up going to her lecture lol
@Zamestaneh

Look above nub.
Saw this
That is terrible! I don't know much about Guinea so I looked it up. It has one of the biggest mosques in Africa paid for by Saudi Arabia but one of the lowest literacy rates in the world. That money should have been spent on schools and teachers. There are more important things that making a big show about worshipping Allah. We praise him better by helping children read.
Original post by guided1
That is terrible! I don't know much about Guinea so I looked it up. It has one of the biggest mosques in Africa paid for by Saudi Arabia but one of the lowest literacy rates in the world. That money should have been spent on schools and teachers. There are more important things that making a big show about worshipping Allah. We praise him better by helping children read.

Building a big mosque doesn't mean that someone is making a big show about worshipping Allah. Gaining secular education is not the equivalent to praising Allah either.
Original post by teenhorrorstory
What do you guys think of Habiba Da Silva's hijab line?
image.jpeg

The scarves look nice but there's other ways to promote them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tawheed
Salamunalaikum sister,

I feel as a shia muslim, i am best placed to answer this. Someone else may not give a fair account here.

The answer would be yes, and no at the same time.

While it is one of our main books, and one of four key canonical works, we do not call it 'saheeh al kafi'. Therefore, one must be very careful when reading it, and each and every ahadith must be tested through ilm al rijal - the science of hadith, and narrators, to ascertain the reliability.

If you have anymore questions, feel free to directly PM me. You could alternatively ask it here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4178104

BarakAllahu feek.
This is interesting, so why must you make individual research to ensure the narration is saheeh?
And also how does it work for you guys like do you take narrations from the sahabah etc..? I'm assuming no, in which case who?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4235
BarakAllahu feeki.
This is interesting, so why must you make individual research to ensure the narration is saheeh?
And also how does it work for you guys like do you take narrations from the sahabah etc..? I'm assuming no, in which case who?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tawheed is a brother :h: so BarakAllahu Feek, just in case you didn't know.
Original post by h333
Tawheed is a brother :h: so BarakAllahu Feek, just in case you didn't know.

Wait are you sure? I'm pretty sure he/she told me she was a sister:colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4237
Wait are you sure? I'm pretty sure he/she told me she was a sister:colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha when? he is a brother :lol:
Original post by h333
haha when? he is a brother :lol:

Lool you're right shame, I checked a pm and he did in fact say he was a brother.. Thanks for letting me know😂:colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending