The Student Room Group

Casio fx9860GII further maths 1 Help

I have casio 9860g2 graphic calculator

I have tried looking at the manual but I couldnt find the info I desperately need

the question is this

suppose I have a equation in form of y^2=4ax and I need to find directrix and focus point, how can I do it in this calculator?

I am not able to plot it

If you know it, please share if its anything remotely useful!

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by emprex

Hello, sir!

Before I solve your question, I'd just like to say you made an excellent investment. Luckily for you, doing the bare minimum in terms of revision, will still get you an A!

Now, with your question, you'd need to work out the parametric form of the parabola.
You then go to 'Menu'
then 'Conics'
and then click F3 for parametric

You made an A* investment, pun intended.
Reply 2
Original post by Naruke
Hello, sir!

Before I solve your question, I'd just like to say you made an excellent investment. Luckily for you, doing the bare minimum in terms of revision, will still get you an A!

Now, with your question, you'd need to work out the parametric form of the parabola.
You then go to 'Menu'
then 'Conics'
and then click F3 for parametric

You made an A* investment, pun intended.

Huh lol no!

I have completed all of the questions from questions by topic on physics and maths tutor and I m self teaching myself. The book method does indeed take a long time which is crucial for the exam.

How do I check with edexcel exam board which graphical calculators are allowed?
Reply 3
Original post by emprex
Huh lol no!

I have completed all of the questions from questions by topic on physics and maths tutor and I m self teaching myself. The book method does indeed take a long time which is crucial for the exam.

How do I check with edexcel exam board which graphical calculators are allowed?

@notnek

the person I tagged is an exams officer and she has a powerpoint of all calculators allowed
Reply 4
Original post by Naruke
@notnek

the person I tagged is an exams officer and she has a powerpoint of all calculators allowed

Final post in this thread.

And I'm still not female.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest