The Student Room Group

2 Exams in 1 day, help!

I've been sentenced to death.

For my AS-Level exams, I have 2 exams on the same day, twice! :s-smilie:

On the 17th May I have 2 exams and on the 22nd of May I have 2 exams too! (And obviously other exams on different days). Is there nothing I can do about this, other than cry? I'm so screwed :frown:

I've never been so upset/panicked in my life. Does this mean it'll be very similar for my A2 levels too?
Original post by Grovyshi

On the 17th May I have 2 exams and on the 22nd of May I have 2 exams too! (And obviously other exams on different days). Is there nothing I can do about this, other than cry? I'm so screwed :frown:

I've never been so upset/panicked in my life. Does this mean it'll be very similar for my A2 levels too?

What subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by wolfmoon88

I have Economics and Psychology on the same days, and then Biology on other days :frown:
Reply 3
To answer your question: nothing you can do. My sister had it for both AS and A2, and she managed ok. Don't think of it as a death sentence.
Did you really not have any exams on the same day for GCSEs?

Some people had up to 4 exams on the same day and almost all of us had some days with 2 exams on

It sounds horrible but it's really not actually that bad, and it's quite common so you won't be the only one
I had that last year for my AS. As long as you prepare well enough then when it comes to the day it shouldn't be bad.

If they're back to back (two AM or two PM exams) then you'll probably get a 15 minute break between exams.

Don't worry, you'll be fine. It happened to me lots of times when I did AS and A2. I had a lot of chemistry and psychology exams/sociology and bio or chem on the same day and then I'd have another one the next morning :frown: and everyone freaks out at first, but you just sort of figure out what you need to do. You'l be finee! :smile: Good luck
Reply 7
I had this year...

Wed 18th - Maths and History
Wed 25th - Maths and History

It's horrible, but it's manageable. Just do lots of work beforehand, after all at A-level you're not meant to cram before exams.

Original post by jamestg
I had this year...

Wed 18th - Maths and History
Wed 25th - Maths and History

It's horrible, but it's manageable. Just do lots of work beforehand, after all at A-level you're not meant to cram before exams.

I had the maths and history combo too, and it's not so bad (although the 2h 15m exam was pushing it). I dealt with it by planning exam questions for an hour before the second exam. This way, you make sure your knowledge stays sharp without making yourself tired. It also works well because you might end up correctly predicting questions for your upcoming paper!
Reply 9
Original post by Jasaron
I had the maths and history combo too, and it's not so bad (although the 2h 15m exam was pushing it). I dealt with it by planning exam questions for an hour before the second exam. This way, you make sure your knowledge stays sharp without making yourself tired. It also works well because you might end up correctly predicting questions for your upcoming paper!

Oh my god, that horrific C1 paper followed by a 2h15m exam really knocked me down and it was only the first day of exams hahaha.

Yes planning exam questions is great, and I did manage to guess correctly the interpretations question!
My form teacher from last year had her History and English A2 exams (3 hours each) on the same day, and she was so tired after them both that she fell off her bike on the way home. I'm sure you will be fine :tongue:
Reply 11
I had two exams on the 22nd for my A2s too! High five :biggrin:
they were both unit 5s, computer science and chemistry - 2 hours each
anyway I survived
they gave me the option of doing them back to back with a 10 min break or waiting from 11 to 1, I chose the latter and got some pasta and revised for the next exam. I preferred this actually.

I took chem first and computing after because i figured I'd rather be awake more for chem and get it over and done with
kinda ironic cos I fell asleep in chem and kind of left half of it unfinished and ended up with an E :redface: tho I got a C overall thanks to my As and Bs in coursework and such :tongue:
I got an A in computing tho - weird. maybe I was hungry, didn't have breakfast, slept for like 2 hours that night because I was so panicked

my advice is, revise properly for those exams. Make sure to sleep plenty that night and eat a nice big breakfast. Take the easier one first :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Fluffpuffle
Did you really not have any exams on the same day for GCSEs?

Some people had up to 4 exams on the same day and almost all of us had some days with 2 exams on

It sounds horrible but it's really not actually that bad, and it's quite common so you won't be the only one

I had 3 exams in one day two times in GCSE's, but obviously GCSE's were so much easier so it didn't stress me out.
Reply 13
Thank you everyone for the responses, I'm feeling a bit better about it knowing I'm not alone :biggrin: thank you, I'll be sure to work harder to prepare!
Reply 14
Original post by Jasaron

By 'planning exam questions' do you mean making up possible exam questions and planning out what answers I could write? I'm a bit confused but definitely interested in what you mean :smile:
By 'planning exam questions' do you mean making up possible exam questions and planning out what answers I could write? I'm a bit confused but definitely interested in what you mean :smile:

Yes, writing my answers out in bullet point form, organising what I'd write in each paragraph etc without fully writing out an essay.
I have the same but for A2 :smile:
Biology (Biological Diversity) and Maths (C3) - 3.75 hours
Chemistry (Paper 3 so everything from the 2 years) and General Studies - 4 hours
Thankfully they don't clash, but it's not particularly great :s-smilie:

Last year I had C2 and D2 clash, which was pretty much 3 hours straight, and I did almost fall asleep in C3, which I did second :lol:
Literally, I stared at the last question (which was pretty horrible anyway) for a good 5 minutes before deciding that I couldn't be bothered. I did it eventually, and in those exams I got 100UMS (C2) and 94UMS (D2, although I could have sworn I should have got 100UMS), so it can definitely go well, just make sure you're properly prepared, well rested and have had a proper breakfast :h:
Are your exams at the same time? because at AS level I had two on the same time on two days. Because of my extra time, I had to go on quarentine where I had to sit in the room (but could eat and revise).

Of course if one's in the morning and the other in the afternoon then it's not too bad as I had it.

Quick Reply

Latest