The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4240
Original post by beautifulxxx
Lool you're right shame, I checked a pm and he did in fact say he was a brother.. Thanks for letting me know😂:colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

hahaha bless, mistakes happen, no worries. :h:
Original post by mkap
wouldnt the reject most of the hadiths bc they hate the companions :lol:

I believe it is better you get the answer from a shia muslim - someone who can give a fair account as to what they actually believe, rather than someone who is not a shia, and for instance, [and this is absolutely their right] opposes shia islam intellectually. If i decided to learn about Islam, from people who refuted Islam, it would not be a fair reflection on Islam. Similarly, i make it a point never to learn about sunni Islam exclusively from shia's. I go to my sunni brothers and sisters, or to websites i feel fairly represent them, and i ask the question there.

In terms of 'hating the companions', i understand why you would have that preconception. You can choose to read the following, if you want to better understand my position:

1. There are hundreds of named and notable companions we shia's revere, or at the least, recognise to be ones we can take from. In fact, four of the top eleven ahadith narrators [i.e original narrators[ in sunni ahadith collections are some of the most highly revered companions in shia islam: Jabir ibn Abdillah (radiyallahu anhu), Abdullah ibn Mas'ud (radiyallahu anhu), Abdullah ibn Abbas (radiyallahu anhu), Abu S'aid al khudri (radiyallahu anhu), among many others. I have only named the ones in the top ten of all ahadith narrators in sunni works.

It may be of surprise to you, but we shia's actually accept a lot of what is contained in sunni books of ahadith. Claiming every chain, and every companion comprises of beliefs, words and actions falsely attributed to the final prophet, Muhammed s.a.w is nothing short of a conspiracy, and can not be possible. However, while there is a lot we accept, there is also a lot we do not accept.

The shia position of the companions is the same as the Qurans position. There are many we love, and revere. Many we do not hold in as high regard, but respect. Many we do not pass comment on, due to lack of knowledge or we leave judgement to Allah swt. And then there are those who we believe disobeyed the noble messenger , Muhammed s.a.w, and Allah swt, and his ahlulbayt a.s and the loyal among the sahaba r.a.
We view the Sahaba as human beings, and not just that, we view them as what you naturally would find in any large community of humans, from the previous prophets, to muslims of the latter day. Among them gems, among them good people, among them people of mixed character, among them people who became disloyal,

Ultimately, our Ulema have made it clear: We must recognise the high esteem and importance these symbols have for muslims, and ensure that even if we disagree with them, we show respect, maturity, and discuss in a manner which is best.
Original post by HAnwar
Omd that's scary. I was there same time same place today. Feel sorry for her.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh my, be careful. I don't understand how she gave him time to remove the pin.
BarakAllahu feek.
This is interesting, so why must you make individual research to ensure the narration is saheeh?
And also how does it work for you guys like do you take narrations from the sahabah etc..? I'm assuming no, in which case who?

Posted from TSR Mobile

These are some very good questions,

In ilm al rijal, or the sciences of hadith, there are more gradings than Saheeh. For example, hasan, muwathaq, musral, marfu' and so on.

If you look at other books in the sihah al sitta, such as An Nisa'i, Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, you'll find that ilm al rijal has also been applied in order to grade those books, because not everything in them is considered authentic, there are many ahadith that are D'aif.

Our position on the Sahaba is nuanced, and not black or white. We do not consider them all righteous, pious, completely truthful and trustworthy and not to be questioned. On the other hand, we do not wholesale reject them.

We believe that the Sahaba were not one body of people, but rather, a group of people, and just like any society, mixed with people of all levels of imaan. There were those we regard to be the most pious, those loyal, those perhaps less pious but good, those who perhaps were neither bad nor good, those who have question marks, and so on and so forth.

There are hundreds of named companions we revere, if not more. Additionally, we also do not hold anything against the tens of thousands of companions who converted during the final years of the prophets death. As you know, during the first ten years of his prophet hood, he barely had a hundred companions. And for the vast majority of the next ten years, while in Medina, he was constantly under siege, in wars, and the majority of the Arabian Peninsula at the time were not within Islam. It was only until his final years did you get the tens and thousands from all across Arabia embracing Islam. Therefore, there may have been noble people, in their scores and numbers who history has not named, and who we hold nothing against. Allah knows best regarding this. But suffice to say, the vast majority of the companions converted only during the final few years of his death, and did not really know him. Only a small fraction of that were companions who were with him from his time in Medina, and of them, an even smaller fraction who were with him in Makkah.

There are a lot of ahadith contained in Bukhari and the sihah al sitta we accept. Claiming every chain, and every companion comprises of beliefs, words and actions falsely attributed to the final prophet, Muhammed s.a.w is nothing short of a conspiracy, and can not be possible. However, while there is a lot we accept, there is also a lot we do not accept.

In fact, four of the top eleven ahadith narrators [i.e original narrators[ in sunni ahadith collections are some of the most highly revered companions in shia islam: Jabir ibn Abdillah (radiyallahu anhu), Abdullah ibn Mas'ud (radiyallahu anhu), Abdullah ibn Abbas (radiyallahu anhu), Abu S'aid al khudri (radiyallahu anhu), among many others.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Leukocyte
Oh my, be careful. I don't understand how she gave him time to remove the pin.

Thanks x It's cos he was pulling the scarf off her.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
Thanks x It's cos he was pulling the scarf off her.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Urgh just don't like hearing such news, honestly like why pick on females :redface:
Original post by HAnwar
Omd that's scary. I was there same time same place today. Feel sorry for her.

Posted from TSR Mobile

May Allah protect all the Muslim women.
Alhamdulillah well, thanks. You?

Alahmdulillah yes I am, thanks for asking.
I had no lectures today. I went to UoB to meet my friend there. I ended up going to her lecture lol

Oh right cool :smile:
Urgh just don't like hearing such news, honestly like why pick on females :redface:

Cowards.

Original post by IdeasForLife

And men. Ameen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
BarakAllahu feek.
This is interesting, so why must you make individual research to ensure the narration is saheeh?
And also how does it work for you guys like do you take narrations from the sahabah etc..? I'm assuming no, in which case who?

Posted from TSR Mobile

To answer the second part of your question, while we do take narrations from companions, and accept a lot of what is in Bukhari, Muslim etc, we tend to emphasise the following chain of narrators to Rasulullah s.a.w:

1. Ali ibn Abi Talib a.s - A hadith narrated from him, to Rasullulah s.a.w is the strongest.
2. Hasan and Hussain ibn Ali a.s - a hadith narrated from them from Ali a.s is the strongest link to Ali a.s
4. Ali ibn Hussain a.s to his father, Hussain ibn Ali a.s - He was the great Grandson of Muhammed s.a.w, and recognised as a scholar of his time by both shia and sunni's.
5. Muhammed Al Baqir a.s - another highly revered scholar, and direct descendent of Muhammed s.a.w by both shia's and sunni's. Dhahabi reports an incident when Rasulullah s.a.w, asks jabir ibn Abdillah (radiyaullahu anhu) to send his salams to him. Since Jabir (r.a) lived a long time, he managed to do this according to reports.
6. Jaffer As Sadiq a.s - the son of Muhammed Al Baqir a.s, and highly revered by both shia's and sunni's.

So to give you an example, when fulan bin fulan, reports from fulan, that Jaffer as Sadiq a.s said : Rasulullah s.a.w said "

The chain of narrators is: Jaffer as Sadiq a.s, from his father [Al Baqir], from his father [Ali ibn Hussain], from his father [Hussain ibn Ali a.s/Hasan ibn Ali a.s, the grandchildren of Rasulullah and the leaders of the youths of paradise], from Ali ibn Abi Talib a.s, from Rasullulah s.a.w].

When you have narrations where Rasullulah s.a.w is not explicitly mentioned, for example, in a fiqh law, or anything of any subject matter, for example:

Narrated Ali ibn Hussain: " x is harram, and y is considered makruh".

Even if it does not explicitly state that 'Rasullulah said 'x is harram and y is makruh', the original source of this is from Rasulullah s.a.w.

The chain is Ali ibn Hussain , from his father, Hussain ibn Ali a.s [and / to Hasan Ibn Ali a.s], from Ali ibn Abi Talib a.s, from Rasulullah s.a.w So ultimately, every ahadith goes back to Rasullah s.a.w, from either the companions, or, [as we prefer it], from his Ahlulbayt asws, who we believe preserved his true sunnah.

Rasulullah s.a.w had stated he left behind two weighty things, The Quran, and his Ahlulbayt. We follow the Ahlulbayt asws to get to the Sunnah of Muhammed s.a.w, since we believe, by the will and ordination of Allah azwj, it was them upon whom the task of preserving his sunnah was placed.

Remember, the big dispute and the reason why Islam has split into so many groups is not because we don't recognise the need to follow the Sunnah of Muhammed s.a.w, but rather, where to get his sunnah from. Thus, we believe, Rasulullah s.a.w clearly hi-lighted from who we can obtain the purest stream , the purest form of his sunnah - his Ahlulbayt.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by HAnwar

And men. Ameen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ameen.
Reply 4253
Original post by IdeasForLife

Ameen. And everyone from evil actions/intentions of others. Ameen.
Original post by h333

Ameen,
Original post by h333

Ameen, (would rep you but I can't)
Reply 4257
Original post by ak143244
Ameen, (would rep you but I can't)

Jzk. Nw your sincere ameen for the duas is more important.
Original post by h333
Jzk. Nw your sincere ameen for the duas is more important.

Yeah soo true :smile:
How are you sooo.. what's the word.. like nice and wise? I don't know how to explain it.
Original post by h333
JazakAllah Khair, this has made it more clear to me now and I understand what to say regarding the issue :smile:

Yes, we are not allowed to take off our hijab for them:
http://www.zawaj.com/askbilqis/see-woman-without-hijab/
https://islamqa.info/en/2572

Which video did you watch?

It wasn't a formal video based on this topic. It was a Q&A session (normal youtube one) and it was from Musa Adnan (Adnan Rashid's Son) and he said it. I will try find the link and send it.

Latest