The Student Room Group

I'm so embarrassed and ashamed

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tw1x
How is it his/her friends fault that OP can't handle their drink....? Nothing in the first post indicates they pressured her/him into getting in that situation

Yeah it was my responsibility, I'm too much of a light-weight
Original post by Anonymous
I know! Blaming how you are on a night out on other people is just silly, unless they were literally forcing alcohol down your throat or spiking you (most definitely not mates!). I'll hands up admit that I have been silly on nights out through my own fault. If you blame others, then you may start to develop a warped view on your relationship with alcohol. No point blaming others because only you are responsible for how you are on a night out (unless spiked etc).

OP needs to evaluate what they drink on a night out, are you eating well before you go out? Are you having water when you feel yourself getting a bit too drunk? Are you quickly downing your drink? You can still have fun and be drunk on a night out and be sensible by evaluating your behaviour and making changes where necessary.
That's true, I was completely responsible.

I was mixing way too much and had an empty stomach, had no water; was drinking really quickly too
Apologies to everyone and ask your friends and everyone to be honest best with u and explain what happened.
Don't my worry about being embarrassed because soon there will be something else that everyone will be talking about

Posted from TSR Mobile
why the hell do ppl allow themselves to get into such a state...its disgusting...

I regret it so much, I never even meant to get like that!
Original post by Kavita2000
Apologies to everyone and ask your friends and everyone to be honest best with u and explain what happened.
Don't my worry about being embarrassed because soon there will be something else that everyone will be talking about

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apologising is good but I'm not going to ask what I was saying as I think it's best that I don't know and we will move on faster, and yes you're right it'll all be forgotten about soon hopefully, thanks for your reply
I judge it by what I did. I don't think you should feel guilty about been hammered. Just learn from it for next time. However, the fact the police were about, I'm guessing you were being a dickhead as well.

I wouldn't apologise to anyone just for being drunk but I would for acting like a dickhead eg trying to fight people.

I feel your pain. I have been there and I think shame is the worst emotion there is. It's worse than been sad.

The only solution is to give it time. People probably care about it less than you think, they will forget about it and the guilt will pass. If no lasting damage has been done, you will feel much better about it in a week.

Personally, I don't ask people what I did. I prefer not remembering being reminded only makes the guilt worse.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 26
Yeah it was my responsibility, I'm too much of a light-weight

I'm not having a go, we've all been there!
The only thing you can do, is apologise to your parents and move on. Almost everybody who drinks has got too that stage where they've had too much. I myself have put myself in hospital over drinking. Just make sure next time you keep better tabs on what you are drinking and make sure you eat prior and keep hydrated throughout
You're also pregnant.
Original post by 999tigger
You arent giving the impression you are learning anything from the experience or dealing with it well, but we all make our own mistakes.
I have definitely learnt from this, I've never been so embarrassed in my life
Reply 29
why the hell do ppl allow themselves to get into such a state...its disgusting...

Sometimes it just happens, depending if you've eaten/ kept hydrated. There's been many times I thought I was fine then went for fresh air and BAM! it just hit me all at once. If it's a rare occurrence it's not a massive deal, if it's happening all the time then there's a bigger problem.
Original post by Sternumator
I judge it by what I did. I don't think you should feel guilty about been hammered. Just learn from it for next time. However, the fact the police were about, I'm guessing you were being a dickhead as well.

I wouldn't apologise to anyone just for being drunk but I would for acting like a dickhead eg trying to fight people.

I feel your pain. I have been there and I think shame is the worst emotion there is. It's worse than been sad.

The only solution is to give it time. People probably care about it less than you think, they will forget about it and the guilt will pass. If no lasting damage has been done, you will feel much better about it in a week.

Personally, I don't ask people what I did. I prefer not remembering being reminded only makes the guilt worse.
Thank you I've definitely learnt from it, I think the police were called because I was just throwing up all over the place, I doubt I would try and fight anyone :s-smilie:

Yes shame is absolutely awful, I wish this had never happened! I can't wait for time to pass and for this to be forgotten.

And you're so right, I'm not asking anyone what I did either, I would feel sooo much worse!

Thanks again :smile:
Original post by Tw1x
I'm not having a go, we've all been there!
The only thing you can do, is apologise to your parents and move on. Almost everybody who drinks has got too that stage where they've had too much. I myself have put myself in hospital over drinking. Just make sure next time you keep better tabs on what you are drinking and make sure you eat prior and keep hydrated throughout
Thank you, yeah I knew you weren't having a go, I just don't want to blame other people for what I did. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who had to have medical attention for drinking! Yep trying hard to move on at the moment and I dont think I will ever drink for fun again as its so pointless
Reply 32
This has happened to me so many times, although the police/ambulance never came. I have been literally paralytic with drink but my friends just how found it funny and it's just a good memory. I was really embarrassed too. I've actually cut all my face open from being so drunk but you'll get over it. My family were pissed but just apologise and it'll be forgotten about. Unlike you I got told everything I did in my blank memories, you don't want to know! It's not the worst that will happen to you, later on you'll probably look back and laugh like me , but you might not who knows :smile:!
I drank wayyy too much a couple of nights ago, so much that the police were called and there was an ambulance, and my parents had to pick me up in the middle of the night. I was being sick and I was the most wasted one out of my three friends. I was found lying face down alone in the high street. I feel so embarrassed and don't know how I'll live this down! The most horrible part is that I can't remember hardly anything - God knows what I was saying/doing. My parents are acting weird around me. I'm soooo so so ashamed!!!! How can I get over this??

You should probably apologise to your parents. They had to come and pick you up because you had been irresponsible, and this was probably quite inconvenient and embarrassing for them. After that, don't do it again and just move on
Yeah everyone knows I regret it I think, I'm just carrying on now like it never happened, hopefully it blows over soon :smile:

Yeah just carry on like that and it will fade away. :smile:
I pooped myself last time I was that drunk, be grateful you weren't that bad :wink:
Thank you I've definitely learnt from it, I think the police were called because I was just throwing up all over the place, I doubt I would try and fight anyone :s-smilie:

Yes shame is absolutely awful, I wish this had never happened! I can't wait for time to pass and for this to be forgotten.

And you're so right, I'm not asking anyone what I did either, I would feel sooo much worse!

Thanks again :smile:

If you can't actually remember doing anything bad to others, there is nothing to feel guilty for. The only harm done was to yourself.

And at least it was only in front of a few friends so not that embarrassing.

It's also possible you are still feeling the effects of the hangover. Obviously, alcohol messes with your brain chemistry and it can take a few days to get back to normal. You may be feeling worse just because your brain hasn't recovered yet.

I often feel embarrassed after a heavy session when I know I did nothing wrong or I feel anxious when I'm not worried about anything.

It can help to remind yourself that what you're feeling is partly down to brain chemistry rather than anything bad you did and that that will sort itself in a day or two.
"Found lying face down alone in the high street" :rofl: :rofl:
Original post by finlay4
This has happened to me so many times, although the police/ambulance never came. I have been literally paralytic with drink but my friends just how found it funny and it's just a good memory. I was really embarrassed too. I've actually cut all my face open from being so drunk but you'll get over it. My family were pissed but just apologise and it'll be forgotten about. Unlike you I got told everything I did in my blank memories, you don't want to know! It's not the worst that will happen to you, later on you'll probably look back and laugh like me , but you might not who knows :smile:!
Haha awww that must have been painful! And yes cannot wait until this all blows over and is just a funny memory!!
Original post by chelseadagg3r
You should probably apologise to your parents. They had to come and pick you up because you had been irresponsible, and this was probably quite inconvenient and embarrassing for them. After that, don't do it again and just move on
Yeah I think they're aware I'm sorry and of course, I'm never doing this again, I don't want to be 'THAT person'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending