The Student Room Group

Whats everyones revision plans for half term?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alevelssuck_
Yeah I redone year 12 too and now I'm at uni. I'm actually brushing up on my maths already lol no worries.

How was your last year when your year had gone? That's what I'm dreading. I don't really intend to make friends with my current year tbh.
I'm not doing pure econ. I'm doing politics with economics or economics politics and public policy. All the unis I'm applying to such as Exeter only require an A in GCSE maths. The only reason I failed maths and the entire year was because I was too relaxed and thought I wouldn't need revision. I'm not saying I'm a maths genius but I'm defiantly capable of learning it once I put my mind to it.

Never knew that exsisted. Sounds really interesting!! Well best of luck :smile:

Aren't we all too chilled in the first year :lol:

Original post by FailedMyMocks
Both lol. Last year I did Chem, Bio, Maths, Further Maths and General Studies (Not By Choice lol)
I came out with B(Maths) DDDD.

I am now doing Maths (A2) Further Maths (AS Again) and I picked up Finance. :P

All I see is Maths everywhere x'D

That's fine though as it's part of the Old Spec so not that bad. Cool subjects! Wish I was a maths whizz :P

Good Luck as well :smile:
How was your last year when your year had gone? That's what I'm dreading. I don't really intend to make friends with my current year tbh.

Im only experiencing the loneliness now🙄It's really s*** if I'm honest. But at the end of the day I have no distractions anymore so I can just get on with my work even through break and lunch. Don't get me wrong I chose to be a loner as all the people younger than me are a completely different generation to me. They have no clue about life seriously💔 So I rather not pretend to be their friend now and never speak to them again when I leave because that is inevitable.

You'll regret failing once your year leaves trust me but you just have to use that as motivation to get yourself through the year faster.
Original post by Nettled
Never knew that exsisted. Sounds really interesting!! Well best of luck :smile:

Aren't we all too chilled in the first year :lol:

All I see is Maths everywhere x'D

That's fine though as it's part of the Old Spec so not that bad. Cool subjects! Wish I was a maths whizz :P

Good Luck as well :smile:

Best of luck to you too😘
Im only experiencing the loneliness now🙄It's really s*** if I'm honest. But at the end of the day I have no distractions anymore so I can just get on with my work even through break and lunch. Don't get me wrong I chose to be a loner as all the people younger than me are a completely different generation to me. They have no clue about life seriously💔 So I rather not pretend to be their friend now and never speak to them again when I leave because that is inevitable.

You'll regret failing once your year leaves trust me but you just have to use that as motivation to get yourself through the year faster.

I'll only be doing two subjects if my college allows. I feel you man. It's going to be very sad. Friends all enjoying Uni life while you're still at crappy college with people you don't like.
I'll only be doing two subjects if my college allows. I feel you man. It's going to be very sad. Friends all enjoying Uni life while you're still at crappy college with people you don't like.

For real😂All my friends are telling me how much they're loving the freedom and how drunk they are every night whilst I'm stuck in that prison😩I've been at that place for 8 years so it's really starting to get to me lol
For real😂All my friends are telling me how much they're loving the freedom and how drunk they are every night whilst I'm stuck in that prison😩I've been at that place for 8 years so it's really starting to get to me lol

On the plus side they'll be working (Or Unemployed :P) a year earlier where we will still be students! So I guess it balances out if you look at it in that way xD
Nothing for the entire week
Panic on the saturday
Cry on the sunday
Reply 48
Since getting Two Cs at AS and needing ABB to be within a chance of getting into any Unis I want, I have made significant changes and will be doing as much as I can over half term. S1 Maths revision, and a bunch of past papers for AS levels I want to resit next year.
Original post by retro_turtles
Nothing for the entire week
Panic on the saturday
Cry on the sunday

Is what I did last year! Buck up if you want good grades!
Is what I did last year! Buck up if you want good grades!

i lack the motivation but i probably will end up doing something :smile:
I'm in year 12 so idk if I should lol
I'm a complete mess right now and I'm finding it incredibly difficult to keep up so I guess I'll just spend my half term sorting myself out. Maybe I'll redo and add more info to my history notes, and add detailed analysis to my english texts. Also I'm struggling so much with media for some reason. Like the grades I get for my essays are putting me off so much. I wish my teacher would teach me how to structure my essays caaaause I've never done this frickin subject before. It's really not like english language, don't know what people are saying.
oops I unintentionally ranted about media again
Reply 52
This thread title panicked me.

Then I remembered that I'm done with A-Levels.

:danceboy:
On the plus side they'll be working (Or Unemployed :P) a year earlier where we will still be students
! So I guess it balances out if you look at it in that way xD

Yaaaas that's true. I didn't think of it in that way
:bban:
Original post by rjbull
Since getting Two Cs at AS and needing ABB to be within a chance of getting into any Unis I want, I have made significant changes and will be doing as much as I can over half term. S1 Maths revision, and a bunch of past papers for AS levels I want to resit next year.

Good luck to you! You can do it❤️
Original post by elen90
This thread title panicked me.

Then I remembered that I'm done with A-Levels.

:danceboy:

You make me jealous😩
Original post by louisaah
I'm in year 12 so idk if I should lol
I'm a complete mess right now and I'm finding it incredibly difficult to keep up so I guess I'll just spend my half term sorting myself out. Maybe I'll redo and add more info to my history notes, and add detailed analysis to my english texts. Also I'm struggling so much with media for some reason. Like the grades I get for my essays are putting me off so much. I wish my teacher would teach me how to structure my essays caaaause I've never done this frickin subject before. It's really not like english language, don't know what people are saying.
oops I unintentionally ranted about media again

Definitely use your time wisely because I remember the first year of year 12 I didn't actually revise until the last minute. At least if you start during this break you'll have time to go to your teachers and learn whatever you don't understand. I do media myself so I get where you're coming from. Maybe arrange time after school or during lesson and ask your teacher how to improve your essay and what things are missing from there. Don't try and stress too much, it's early in the year. You'll be fine don't worry x
I'll be going through some past papers in German and doing the environment sections :smile:

And on top of that just learn a **** load of vocab etc.

Oh and write up all of my philosophy notes for morality.
Original post by Inexorably
I'll be going through some past papers in German and doing the environment sections :smile:

And on top of that just learn a **** load of vocab etc.

Oh and write up all of my philosophy notes for morality.

Sounds eventful lol hope you have fun. I have to learn 400 definitions for Econ so I feel your pain:colonhash:
Definitely use your time wisely because I remember the first year of year 12 I didn't actually revise until the last minute. At least if you start during this break you'll have time to go to your teachers and learn whatever you don't understand. I do media myself so I get where you're coming from. Maybe arrange time after school or during lesson and ask your teacher how to improve your essay and what things are missing from there. Don't try and stress too much, it's early in the year. You'll be fine don't worry x

thank you so much for your advice, so sweet! I will try and follow it :smile:

Quick Reply