The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 123moon
It's quite a small town I don't think many people have heard of it and if I say it, it is a place where everyone knows everyone, you know? Lool so yeah it's really quiet but apparently it's somewhat posh and historic loool but my friends find it boring but I don't mind it! :biggrin: :h:

Oooooh i get you :wink: so it is a nice place lol :biggrin:
Original post by 123moon
Good night, all!

I'm off to catch up on some beauty sleep! x :colondollar: :h:

Sweet dreams! :tongue:

Goodnight! :biggrin:1476828474709.jpg
Original post by My Moon <3
Had it like a year ago! Once they're out, you feel normal after a few weeks (although it leaves you traumatised :redface:) so i'm good now :colondollar: :biggrin:

Ohhh it's probably because of the anesthetic!
Aww what did you have your operations for? :hugs:
Aww, yay, good to hear! :colondollar: :0

Yeah :tongue: :/

Oh, erm so when I was 3 I burnt my left hand with a hot iron, long story lol and my fingers were like a lil joined to gether coz of it, so in 2012, they had to do an operation to cut that skin and also get some extra skin from just above my left thigh for skin grafting, I believe.

Last year I tripped, fell on my hand whilst it was sort of bending backwards and I snapped(broke) my wrist so they did an operation first to put the bone back in place and screwed a metal plate in for support and like 3 months later they did another operation to remove the plate :smile:

and once I remember I was a kid, I was playing cricket and I was behind the wickets so the guy who was batting(slightly older) told me not to get close coz I could hurt myself when he swung the bat, and lol I got closer maybe coz I wasnt paying attention, he swung the bat and it hit me right in the eye, I remember the bat was like fat and it came so fast, I'm so fortunate that my eyeball didnt pop out, that literally could've happened if it was just a TINYY bit closer to my eye :/ and I felt really dizzy, I didnt pass out I believe but I couldn't see anything and everything was so blurry :/ prolly coz my eye got swollen up, but then after a bit my eye' was normal the swelling went away, THANKFULLY, even the thought of not having an eye scares me ://

Oh, sh*t sorry for the longgg reply :/
[video="youtube;MvELT5aIo9A"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvELT5aIo9A[/video]
:smile:
Original post by hamza772000
Aww, yay, good to hear! :colondollar: :0

Yeah :tongue: :/

Oh, erm so when I was 3 I burnt my left hand with a hot iron, long story lol and my fingers were like a lil joined to gether coz of it, so in 2012, they had to do an operation to cut that skin and also get some extra skin from just above my left thigh for skin grafting, I believe.

Last year I tripped, fell on my hand whilst it was sort of bending backwards and I snapped(broke) my wrist so they did an operation first to put the bone back in place and screwed a metal plate in for support and like 3 months later they did another operation to remove the plate :smile:

and once I remember I was a kid, I was playing cricket and I was behind the wickets so the guy who was batting(slightly older) told me not to get close coz I could hurt myself when he swung the bat, and lol I got closer maybe coz I wasnt paying attention, he swung the bat and it hit me right in the eye, I remember the bat was like fat and it came so fast, I'm so fortunate that my eyeball didnt pop out, that literally could've happened if it was just a TINYY bit closer to my eye :/ and I felt really dizzy, I didnt pass out I believe but I couldn't see anything and everything was so blurry :/ prolly coz my eye got swollen up, but then after a bit my eye' was normal the swelling went away, THANKFULLY, even the thought of not having an eye scares me ://

Oh, sh*t sorry for the longgg reply :/

:facepalm: that was unlucky! :erm:
Oh yeah, heard of skin grafting when doing the first aid course!
You have to keep changing that part of the skin till you stop growing, no? Coz we got told that this part doesnt grow with the rest of the hand...
Does it feel normal now though? :smile:

:eek: twice on the same thing! That must have been painful :redface:

OMGGG! :redface: are you being serious?!?! Did anything break or something?
Well yeah, that was lucky, cant imagine that.... :erm:
Did the guy get into trouble for that? :tongue:

It's okay!!! I love long stories, i do that myself :mmm:
:facepalm: that was unlucky! :erm:
Oh yeah, heard of skin grafting when doing the first aid course!
You have to keep changing that part of the skin till you stop growing, no? Coz we got told that this part doesnt grow with the rest of the hand...
Does it feel normal now though? :smile:

:eek: twice on the same thing! That must have been painful :redface:

OMGGG! :redface: are you being serious?!?! Did anything break or something?
Well yeah, that was lucky, cant imagine that.... :erm:
Did the guy get into trouble for that? :tongue:

It's okay!!! I love long stories, i do that myself :mmm:
They just did it once, on just certain small areas on my fingers, my hand feels normal but THAT specific skin feels like idk numb when I touch it

Yeah, the most pain I've ever suffered tbh :/ The worst was when I broke it, I went to the hospital, and after hours this nurse came, and started wrapping the cast around my broken wrist, my bone wasn't in place and she started wrapping and literally PULLING the cast, OMG the painn, I was inhaling morphine at the same time, so I was super dizzy but still, I don't think I've ever felt that much pain before :/

Yeah I am :/ and no, luckily nothing did, yeah, scares the sh*t out of me to imagine that :frown: No, haha, he was just a friend and it wasnt his fault either so no :P

Oh good :smile:

EDIT: This is what it looks like when u break ur wrist btw:
(edited 7 years ago)
They just did it once, on just certain small areas on my fingers, my hand feels normal but THAT specific skin feels like idk numb when I touch it

Yeah, the most pain I've ever suffered tbh :/ The worst was when I broke it, I went to the hospital, and after hours this nurse came, and started wrapping the cast around my broken wrist, my bone wasn't in place and she started wrapping and literally PULLING the cast, OMG the painn, I was inhaling morphine at the same time, so I was super dizzy but still, I don't think I've ever felt that much pain before :/

Yeah I am :/ and no, luckily nothing did, yeah, scares the sh*t out of me to imagine that :frown: No, haha, he was just a friend and it wasnt his fault either so no :P

Oh good :smile:

EDIT: This is what it looks like when u break ur wrist btw:

Wait so you cant feel anything on that part of the skin? :eek:

Omg :frown: that sounds excruciating just reading it, can barely imagine how much pain you actually felt :frown:
Oh yeah, nurses!! :facepalm: hospitals can be very cruel tbh :colonhash:
When was this btw?

Oh okay :h:

:lolwut: didnt know it looked like this :redface: that's awful :redface:
Wait so you cant feel anything on that part of the skin? :eek:

Omg :frown: that sounds excruciating just reading it, can barely imagine how much pain you actually felt :frown:
Oh yeah, nurses!! :facepalm: hospitals can be very cruel tbh :colonhash:
When was this btw?

Oh okay :h:

:lolwut: didnt know it looked like this :redface: that's awful :redface:
No, no, sorry I do feel it! It's just a lil weird and it's only like 1 small patch on each finger.

Yeah, it was awful :/ haha, I don't blame her though, it was her duty :h: and I may have accidentally kicked her a couple times coz I was lying down on morphine, dizzy and was literally DYING in pain :P :mmm: :/
They referred me to a different hospital coz they didnt have space or summin or they didnt treat broken bones idk, so we had to go further lol :P

May 2015 :smile:

Yeah, I know, I was shocked when I saw it! That's not my hand btw, but it looked quite exactly like that :P
No, no, sorry I do feel it! It's just a lil weird and it's only like 1 small patch on each finger.

Yeah, it was awful :/ haha, I don't blame her though, it was her duty :h: and I may have accidentally kicked her a couple times coz I was lying down on morphine, dizzy and was literally DYING in pain :P :mmm: :/
They referred me to a different hospital coz they didnt have space or summin or they didnt treat broken bones idk, so we had to go further lol :P

May 2015 :smile:

Yeah, I know, I was shocked when I saw it! That's not my hand btw, but it looked quite exactly like that :P

Oooh okay!

Some nurses can be quite mean :redface: and others can be so nice!
Oh lol :tongue: i know how morphine feels :/ its really strong!
Aw :colondollar:I'm sure she didnt mind! :tongue:
Doubt it was coz they didnt know how to treat a broken bone :tongue:

Last year! Is it alright now? :redface:

Yes, i know its not yours rn :tongue:

Edit: so much pink in this post lmao :mmm:
(edited 7 years ago)
Oooh okay!

Some nurses can be quite mean :redface: and others can be so nice!
Oh lol :tongue: i know how morphine feels :/ its really strong!
Aw :colondollar:I'm sure she didnt mind! :tongue:
Doubt it was coz they didnt know how to treat a broken bone :tongue:

Last year! Is it alright now? :redface:

Yes, i know its not yours rn :tongue:

Edit: so much pink in this post lmao :mmm:
Yeah, I love nice, caring nurses, I loved the ones that came and gave me calpol through that injection sucking thing in the middle of the night :love:

Yeah it is XD

I hope so, sorry nurse if your reading, I didn't meant it :frown: :colondollar:

Haha, but u could've thought it was a pic from then lol

Yeah, I'm fine now although, that hand can get like tired with not as much tension on it yeah, and it's a lil awkward if I try bending it backwards, but it's totally fine! XD

Haha yeah :tongue:
Yeah, I love nice, caring nurses, I loved the ones that came and gave me calpol through that injection sucking thing in the middle of the night :love:

Yeah it is XD

I hope so, sorry nurse if your reading, I didn't meant it :frown: :colondollar:

Haha, but u could've thought it was a pic from then lol

Yeah, I'm fine now although, that hand can get like tired with not as much tension on it yeah, and it's a lil awkward if I try bending it backwards, but it's totally fine! XD

Haha yeah :tongue:

loool :colondollar::colondollar: :lol:

She probably forgotten by now :mmm:

Oh erm... Yh but i didnt for some reasons :hmmmm2:

Is the hand that you write with?:h:
Thats good then i guess :biggrin:
loool :colondollar::colondollar: :lol:

She probably forgotten by now :mmm:

Oh erm... Yh but i didnt for some reasons :hmmmm2:

Is the hand that you write with?:h:
Thats good then i guess :biggrin:
Yeah :colondollar: :P

Haha, lol MOST probably haha :P

Oh, right ok :smile: :P

Yeah it is lol :P My write one (get it? the right one and I write with it, the pun! :P)

Yeah :smile:
Yeah :colondollar: :P

Haha, lol MOST probably haha :P

Oh, right ok :smile: :P

Yeah it is lol :P My write one (get it? the right one and I write with it, the pun! :P)

Yeah :smile:

loool yh i get the pun lmao :lol:
loool yh i get the pun lmao :lol:
Good haha when u sleeping? :smile:
Good haha when u sleeping? :smile:

Soon i think, was meant to finish my biology hw on cancer, but i'm tired i give up, i'll do it in the morning 😩
Wbu?
Evening :hat2:
Soon i think, was meant to finish my biology hw on cancer, but i'm tired i give up, i'll do it in the morning 😩
Wbu?
Oh, haha morning as in before school? :colondollar:

Idek, I already napped for like 2 hrs earlier :colondollar:
Original post by Bluebutterfly310
Evening :hat2:
Butterfly? :colondollar: Don't ya think it's a lil too late for "Evening"? :colondollar:

Latest