The Student Room Group

Lust or Love?

How can u tell the difference between the two? And how can u tell its true love not true lust??

Scroll to see replies

Lust is just sexual attraction

Love has a lot more to it, I've never experienced it so I don't know.
when you think about someone 24/7 thats love

Spoiler

Original post by Angry Bird
when you think about someone 24/7 thats love

Spoiler

But how do u know its not lust? Lol
Original post by Asiangirl_18
But how do u know its not lust? Lol

lust is temporary, love is forever lol!!

Or is it?? Dun dun dunnnn lol

On a serious note though how would u describe love and lust? Theyr so simliar its almost uncanny
Reply 6

How can lovebe forever when everything dies eventually?

That doesn't make sense.
I would say lust makes you think more about the sexual side of a relationship, like "oh yeah, s/he's so sexy".

Love is more like "long-lasting friendship" on top of that lust, plus its more like taking into account a person's personality, and if the person makes you want to stay with them because you like being together to chat, to have fun (not just sexually but go out on dates)

basically, i think "oh yeah, they've got big this, big that" is lust, and "i wanna be with you forever" is love.
If all you can think about is banging her and if every conversation you have with her quickly turns into both of you getting horny beyond reason then it's lust.

Love is.. you'll know it when you're there.
Or is it?? Dun dun dunnnn lol

On a serious note though how would u describe love and lust? Theyr so simliar its almost uncanny

Lust is kind of a like heavy feeling it makes you feel kind of hot and it burns away too quickly like if you act on lost you feel just kind of unfulfilled and just everything seems to thick and musky sort I don't know if you are understanding this but lust is a dark kind of feeling whereas love is light it's butterflies and just companionship it sates you and you feel rejuvenated kind of lust and love go hand in hand light and dark overheated and rejuvenated well that's my take on it anyhow
Everyone always says that u will kno when ur there but thats like telling me u will kno when u see an elephant and giving me no description or anything about the elephant. How do i kno when something has happened to me if i dont kno what it actually is??
Everyone always says that u will kno when ur there but thats like telling me u will kno when u see an elephant and giving me no description or anything about the elephant. How do i kno when something has happened to me if i dont kno what it actually is??

Did you know how a certain food tasted before you had it? I'm guessing you didn't
True
Lust: I wanna put my penis in it
Love: I wanna romantically spoon with it for 12 hours straight, sexing optional
Reply 14

Love is one of those things you can't really describe

Posted from TSR Mobile
SIGNS OF LUSTYou’re totally focused on a person’s looks and body.You’re interested in having sex, but not in having conversations.You’d rather keep the relationship on a fantasy level, not discuss real feelings.You want to leave soon after sex rather than cuddling or breakfast the next morning.You are lovers, but not friends.
SIGNS OF LOVEYou want to spend quality time together other than sex.You get lost in conversations and forget about the hours passing.You want to honestly listen to each other’s feelings, make each other happy.He or she motivates you to be a better person.You want to get to meet his or her family and friends.
Original post by Anonymous
SIGNS OF LUST: You’re totally focused on a person’s looks and body.You’re interested in having sex, but not in having conversations.You’d rather keep the relationship on a fantasy level, not discuss real feelings.You want to leave soon after sex rather than cuddling or breakfast the next morning.You are lovers, but not friends.
SIGNS OF LOVE: You want to spend quality time together other than sex.You get lost in conversations and forget about the hours passing.You want to honestly listen to each other’s feelings, make each other happy.He or she motivates you to be a better person.You want to get to meet his or her family and friends.
😊😊😊
Original post by Anonymous
SIGNS OF LUSTYou’re totally focused on a person’s looks and body.You’re interested in having sex, but not in having conversations.You’d rather keep the relationship on a fantasy level, not discuss real feelings.You want to leave soon after sex rather than cuddling or breakfast the next morning.You are lovers, but not friends.
SIGNS OF LOVEYou want to spend quality time together other than sex.You get lost in conversations and forget about the hours passing.You want to honestly listen to each other’s feelings, make each other happy.He or she motivates you to be a better person.You want to get to meet his or her family and friends.

Thats actually a brilliant explanation. Thanks for explaining this to me :smile:
Everyone always says that u will kno when ur there but thats like telling me u will kno when u see an elephant...

Yeah that's cuz elephants are so big that you can't miss them when you see them.
love cannot be described.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending