The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Adjustment at UCL

Hey guys,

I'm applying for Economics at University and am predicted A*AA-AAA but the 'best' uni I'm applying to is Nottingham - I was wondering say if Nottingham offer me AAA and I firm them, but in my actual exams I get A*AA or A*A*A (which I will obviously aim to get), does this mean I may have a chance to get in to some really good universities such as UCL or Bath through adjustment or is this like a v v long shot?

Thanksssss
Reply 1
if the course is in Clearing then yes, you could use Adjustment if your grades exceed your firm.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Airmed
if the course is in Clearing then yes, you could use Adjustment if your grades exceed your firm.

So UCL still have spaces at that time? Because I assume such a popular and high ranked university, it may be hard.
Reply 3
Original post by azizadil1998
So UCL still have spaces at that time? Because I assume such a popular and high ranked university, it may be hard.

Changes every year, you won't know until the Clearing lists are released whether or not there will be spaces for either Bath or UCL. I would not put all hope into it, however, and would rather look at your UCAS choices.
At the moment I am pondering whether to put Bath in as one of my choices, I am taking Math, Economics, Business Studies, and an EPQ with A*AA predicted but Bath want AAA (due to my EPQ, they recently introduced their typical offer), however they say that my application will be less competitive due to my narrow subject combination, and last year they did not give any offers to people with my subjects however they didn't have the alternative EPQ offer last year - will it be worth applying to Bath? My current choices are Nottingham, Exeter, Surrey, Loughborough, and Kent - if I was to swap a uni for Bath it would be Exeter as they ask for A*AA-AAB, and I already have A*AA-AAA, AAA, AAB, and BBB soo I am pondering whether it would be worth it to do this?!
Reply 5
At the moment I am pondering whether to put Bath in as one of my choices, I am taking Math, Economics, Business Studies, and an EPQ with A*AA predicted but Bath want AAA (due to my EPQ, they recently introduced their typical offer), however they say that my application will be less competitive due to my narrow subject combination, and last year they did not give any offers to people with my subjects however they didn't have the alternative EPQ offer last year - will it be worth applying to Bath? My current choices are Nottingham, Exeter, Surrey, Loughborough, and Kent - if I was to swap a uni for Bath it would be Exeter as they ask for A*AA-AAB, and I already have A*AA-AAA, AAA, AAB, and BBB soo I am pondering whether it would be worth it to do this?!

First: please stop making numerous threads about the same thing. :yep:

Secondly: it is always worth the chance, imo, if you have the predicted grades. However, it is up to you and whether or not you are willing to apply. Bath is a good non RG uni. At the end of the day, when making your choices, please make sure you would be happy to go to ANY of them, and not placing all hope in one or two of them.
Original post by Airmed
First: please stop making numerous threads about the same thing. :yep:

Secondly: it is always worth the chance, imo, if you have the predicted grades. However, it is up to you and whether or not you are willing to apply. Bath is a good non RG uni. At the end of the day, when making your choices, please make sure you would be happy to go to ANY of them, and not placing all hope in one or two of them.

Soz cause last time I asked I got like one reply that's all. I put them in different sections to maximise the replies, didn't know which one would be appropriate!

I understand what you're saying - I've visited all the uni's except for Exeter and really really like them, but academically Bath seems to be the strongest, followed my Nottingham and going to such a prestigious uni would be like a dream come true
Hey guys,

I'm applying for Economics at University and am predicted A*AA-AAA but the 'best' uni I'm applying to is Nottingham - I was wondering say if Nottingham offer me AAA and I firm them, but in my actual exams I get A*AA or A*A*A (which I will obviously aim to get), does this mean I may have a chance to get in to some really good universities such as UCL or Bath through adjustment or is this like a v v long shot?

Thanksssss

Original post by Airmed

UCL do not participate in adjustment or clearing :frown:

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/economics/undergraduate/prospective/admissions-faqs

(Last question)

Bath do though, I know of an exon student in my year who got in through adjustment.
Reply 8
Soz cause last time I asked I got like one reply that's all. I put them in different sections to maximise the replies, didn't know which one would be appropriate!

I understand what you're saying - I've visited all the uni's except for Exeter and really really like them, but academically Bath seems to be the strongest, followed my Nottingham and going to such a prestigious uni would be like a dream come true

Applications and UCAS most likely.

Then, if you feel like Bath would be the place for you, have Bath in your final 5.
Original post by SeanFM

(Last question)

Bath do though, I know of an exon student in my year who got in through adjustment.

Original post by Airmed
Applications and UCAS most likely.

Then, if you feel like Bath would be the place for you, have Bath in your final 5.

Oh lol glad I found this out now thanks!! I will probably go for Bath Nottingham Surrey Loughborough and Kent. If i don't get the grades for any of them I will just go through clearing to KINGSTON!!!
Reply 10
Original post by SeanFM

(Last question)

They could magically decide to do so this year, but it is rather unlikely. What I am trying to say however is that this user should not place all hope in Adjustment because of this, and should rather look at his UCAS choices. Heck, Adjustment is months away!
Oh lol glad I found this out now thanks!! I will probably go for Bath Nottingham Surrey Loughborough and Kent. If i don't get the grades for any of them I will just go through clearing to KINGSTON!!!

Don't pick units at random or go because you feel like you have to. Do research, visit etc. If you go to a uni you don't know much about and hate it there then it is a waste of time and money.
Original post by SeanFM
Don't pick units at random or go because you feel like you have to. Do research, visit etc. If you go to a uni you don't know much about and hate it there then it is a waste of time and money.

Yess I know - I've been to all the open days of uni's Im applying to and more e.g. York, not going to go and spend 3 years of my life in a place i dont even know about ahah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending