The Student Room Group

Interviews

hey guys! i was thinking we could have a place to discuss some of the current vet news as well as possible interview questions for the upcoming interviews to prepare ourselves:smile: anyone interested?

Scroll to see replies

I would guess...
Q1, Why choosing to study vet medicine, not human medicine?
Reply 2
Has anyone received an interview date from anywhere yet?
Be aware that applicants who have already had interviews in the past are not allowed to discuss interview questions with current applicants.

There is a thread on interview preparation already available :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3773957

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 1999megan
Has anyone received an interview date from anywhere yet?

Only Bristol have given out interviews so far. They're not done handing them out, though. Not even close.
Reply 5
Phew 😆
Reply 6
I got an interview from glasgow yesterday on 16th of December! They didn't attach any working experience form for me to submit though, but I will need to complete a ethical questionnaire following the interview.

Anyone who applied for glagow, bristol, RVC and edinburgh get an interview yet? Feeling very nervous for the interview right now!!
Reply 7
[QUOTE=1999megan;68110672]Has anyone received an interview date from anywhere yet?

I received an interview invite from glasgow just yesterday!
Reply 8
Original post by lady lulu:)
I received an interview invite from glasgow just yesterday!

Really!? When is your interview? Do they ask you to complete any working experience form online?
Reply 9
[QUOTE=Feon;68271378]Really!? When is your interview? Do they ask you to complete any working experience form online?

I'm actually an international student from Hong Kong so i'm not sure about interviews in the UK but mine is on the 10th December and they asked me to bring any references from the work experience and also a photo:smile: Good Luck!!!!
Reply 10
I'm actually an international student from Hong Kong so i'm not sure about interviews in the UK but mine is on the 10th December and they asked me to bring any references from the work experience and also a photo:smile: Good Luck!!!!

I see!! Thank you for your reply and all the best to you too! I'm sure you'll do well for your interview! :smile:
Reply 11
[QUOTE=Feon;68271404]I see!! Thank you for your reply and all the best to you too! I'm sure you'll do well for your interview! :smile:

Thank you! What other schools have you applied to? :smile:
Reply 12
Thank you! What other schools have you applied to? :smile:

Edinburgh, Bristol and RVC. Edinburgh is my first choice. How about you? :smile:
Reply 13
[QUOTE=Feon;68271428]Edinburgh, Bristol and RVC. Edinburgh is my first choice. How about you? :smile:

Glasgow, RVC, Bristol and Nottingham haha :smile: I love Edinburgh but sadly I don't have the grades for Edinburgh since they require a full mark on Chem lolll personally Glasgow is my favouriteXD have you visited any of the schools?
Original post by Feon
I got an interview from glasgow yesterday on 16th of December! They didn't attach any working experience form for me to submit though, but I will need to complete a ethical questionnaire following the interview.

Anyone who applied for glagow, bristol, RVC and edinburgh get an interview yet? Feeling very nervous for the interview right now!!

I never get the point of that. I mean yes been ethical is important but, I don't think anyone is going to write that they think its okay to steal or murder etc.

I mean unless they do some highly nuanced Supermarket job applicant type where you can only put two answers of multiple choice and whatever you do not select makes you look bad, and all apply anyway something like,

Racism is never okay
Sexual assault is never okay
Stealing from clients is never okay
Relieving yourself in reception is never okay

then whichever 2 you select your a bad candidate because you now think the other two are perfectly fine. and no ones knows what sort of weird algorithm they are using. However some random dude manages to guess right,

who then proceeds to yell racial abuse at a colleague whilst relieving himself over a client in reception to distract people whilst he steals from others.
Original post by Luke7456
I never get the point of that. I mean yes been ethical is important but, I don't think anyone is going to write that they think its okay to steal or murder etc.

I mean unless they do some highly nuanced Supermarket job applicant type where you can only put two answers of multiple choice and whatever you do not select makes you look bad, and all apply anyway something like,

Racism is never okay
Sexual assault is never okay
Stealing from clients is never okay
Relieving yourself in reception is never okay

then whichever 2 you select your a bad candidate because you now think the other two are perfectly fine. and no ones knows what sort of weird algorithm they are using. However some random dude manages to guess right,

who then proceeds to yell racial abuse at a colleague whilst relieving himself over a client in reception to distract people whilst he steals from others.

It's not a case of thinking the other two are fine, it's a case of picking the most appropriate ethical answer. Ethics is something that comes up a lot in the veterinary medicine world, and you have to use it to make decisions for treatment etc. Imagine if you were a lawyer and your client was a serial killer, ethically you have to defend your client no matter whether you think they're a bad person or not, because at the end of the day, it's your job, because they have the right to have someone defend them. Messed up I know but ethics is very important.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
[QUOTE=Lizziefickling;68272226]It's not a case of thinking the other two are fine, it's a case of picking the most appropriate ethical answer. Ethics is something that comes up a lot in the veterinary medicine world, and you have to use it to make decisions for treatment etc. Imagine if you were a lawyer and your client was a serial killer, ethically you have to defend your client no matter whether you think they're a bad person or not, because at the end of the day, it's your job, because they have the right to have someone defend them. Messed up I know but ethics is very important.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i definitely agree, the questions arent as straightforward as "would you commit murder" it would be something more contradicting, however i do find it quite confusing as the questions arent open ended and im not sure if they are separate questions for the same case study or do they link together cause it makes a huge difference.
i definitely agree, the questions arent as straightforward as "would you commit murder" it would be something more contradicting, however i do find it quite confusing as the questions arent open ended and im not sure if they are separate questions for the same case study or do they link together cause it makes a huge difference.

I never applied to Glasgow so unfortunately I don't know what the questions are like myself, but I have been asked ethical questions in other situations. If you're confused over that though you can always ask them if they are for the same case study or link together

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Feon

Well done!! Are you a UK undergrad?
Reply 19
Glasgow, RVC, Bristol and Nottingham haha :smile: I love Edinburgh but sadly I don't have the grades for Edinburgh since they require a full mark on Chem lolll personally Glasgow is my favouriteXD have you visited any of the schools?

I see! Nope i haven't. I'm actually an international student from Malaysia! :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending