The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IDukem
Remember me? :jive:

Dukeyy!!! This made my night :woo: how are you?!

Hope everyone's alright- glad you didn't get sectioned Noodlzzz, remember health comes first though. Don't sacrifice it for something you could do at a later date :hugs: (and yeah I know I don't stick to that at all, but :tongue:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
They are putting me back on Quetiapine to see if that will help combat the hallucinations etc. But I also have to stay on the trazadone. CPN is still sick so I am being dealt with by a different CPN and a case worker, and it's annoying having to explain myself again. Don't like change, and I hate dealing with people who I don't know, trust or even know what they look like
Original post by Noodlzzz
might ask CCO about ESA next week as I don't feel able to work. But it's not enough to cover London rent + food + tuition fees, let alone the little extras like clothes and textbooks

If you're getting student finance you won't qualify for ESA because its income based - well you might, but it'll be a few pence a week. The upside of getting such a small ESA is that you get free prescriptions.
Original post by Cinnie
If you're getting student finance you won't qualify for ESA because its income based - well you might, but it'll be a few pence a week. The upside of getting such a small ESA is that you get free prescriptions.

I qualify as I get PIP :smile:

---------------

This morning has been a bit wobbly. Had a blood test and the nurse said I didn't look too good. I thought I was coming across fine :/ then the music was talking to me on my way home and everyone was staring. Feeling a bit more stable now in my room with the door locked just doing work and browsing TSR. Will try not to call CCO if I can avoid it, don't want to come across as needy or attention seeking.
Original post by Airmed
They are putting me back on Quetiapine to see if that will help combat the hallucinations etc. But I also have to stay on the trazadone. CPN is still sick so I am being dealt with by a different CPN and a case worker, and it's annoying having to explain myself again. Don't like change, and I hate dealing with people who I don't know, trust or even know what they look like

Sucks about your CPN. Do you know when they'll be back? Have you only been talking to different CPN over the phone? Maybe ask if you can meet in person.

How do you feel about going back on quetiapine? I know I didn't like it too much, but still better than other APs.
I qualify as I get PIP :smile:

I get PIP too but ESA have told me I no longer can get ESA because of my income from student finance
Sucks about your CPN. Do you know when they'll be back? Have you only been talking to different CPN over the phone? Maybe ask if you can meet in person.

How do you feel about going back on quetiapine? I know I didn't like it too much, but still better than other APs.

I asked but they sidestepped the question (to both when will my CPN be back and can I see someone else for now).

I'm wary. I'm already in an iffy way and I have such bad side effects. Not to much I have training for work this weekend
Original post by Cinnie
I get PIP too but ESA have told me I no longer can get ESA because of my income from student finance
Hmm will have to ask when I call up this afternoon. I am a postgrad student so only got a 10k loan for the year so might qualify as it's like 3x less than the cost of my undergrad loan. Thanks for the mention though :smile:

Original post by Airmed
I asked but they sidestepped the question (to both when will my CPN be back and can I see someone else for now).

I'm wary. I'm already in an iffy way and I have such bad side effects. Not to much I have training for work this weekend

I remember they told me with quetiapine to stand up slower as it can drop the blood pressure from sitting to standing. Also it made me super hungry and fat, the start of the increase in weight *sigh*
Original post by IDukem
Remember me? :jive:
welcome back :smile:
Hmm will have to ask when I call up this afternoon. I am a postgrad student so only got a 10k loan for the year so might qualify as it's like 3x less than the cost of my undergrad loan. Thanks for the mention though :smile:

I remember they told me with quetiapine to stand up slower as it can drop the blood pressure from sitting to standing. Also it made me super hungry and fat, the start of the increase in weight *sigh*

I will be on a very low dose. Already have yjr Depo injection which has a side effect of weight gain, but the trazodone has no weight gain effects.

3rd time on Q. Sigh. This will never end.
My CPN is off sick yet again :frown: Oh well at least i'm doing a bit better now
ugh cannot concentrate on anything head feels like it weighs a ton
The overall receptionist for my entire mental health hospital knows my name and how to pronounce it without me telling her :headfire:

Feel this requires a :getmecoat: emoticon :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dan is watching me wherever I go. He wants to get back in touch with me and the stupid medication is blocking the chip. I have an appointment on Monday with the psychiatrist and tracy wants home treatment to get involved but I said no. I hate them. They are trying to brainwash me.
Got my Q. :redface: I have a 9am meeting with my uni tomorrow morning. This will be fun tonight.
Original post by Airmed
Got my Q. :redface: I have a 9am meeting with my uni tomorrow morning. This will be fun tonight.

Is Q like Mirtazapine in the sedative sense? :holmes:
Original post by Deyesy
Is Q like Mirtazapine in the sedative sense? :holmes:

It's meant to be. So is trazadone. But it wears off for me. And I will be on both Trazadone and Q
Original post by Airmed
It's meant to be. So is trazadone. But it wears off for me. And I will be on both Trazadone and Q

Good luck is definitely in order :lol: I didn't move much at all for the first few days of taking Mirtazapine
Original post by Deyesy
Good luck is definitely in order :lol: I didn't move much at all for the first few days of taking Mirtazapine

Mirtrazapine was a nightmare for me. This will be my third go on Q, so I know the drill now :tongue:

Latest