The Student Room Group

2017 Bristol medicine hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by swopnil
I applied on 12th, got confirmation on 14th.

@isabella1999 Don't worry about it! You probably got the same email.
As long as you have set up the VIP page for yourself, you'll be fine. When/ If you get an interview invitation (will be via email) then you will have to go to that page and choose your interview dates, etc.

I clicked the link to make a VIP page but I didn't get how to make one as it said it was made for me but didn't give the password so confusing
Original post by isabella1999
I clicked the link to make a VIP page but I didn't get how to make one as it said it was made for me but didn't give the password so confusing

Oh god! I can't remember how to set up a password now. I had to do it last year when I applied to Bristol and I'm using the same account.

They've already made an account and username for you. Didn't they ask you to create a password when you clicked the link?
Original post by swopnil
Oh god! I can't remember how to set up a password now. I had to do it last year when I applied to Bristol and I'm using the same account.

They've already made an account and username for you. Didn't they ask you to create a password when you clicked the link?

IVe sorted it out now, was very complicated! When I clicked the link it took me to the log in page and obviously I didn't have a password. I ended up just going on "forgot my password" entering the username they gave and setting one that way, then it let me set up the page once I logged in. Thanks for mentioning VIP or I would have completely forgotten! :redface: Reapplicant?
IVe sorted it out now, was very complicated! When I clicked the link it took me to the log in page and obviously I didn't have a password. I ended up just going on "forgot my password" entering the username they gave and setting one that way, then it let me set up the page once I logged in. Thanks for mentioning VIP or I would have completely forgotten! :redface: Reapplicant?

Yes, I'm a reapplicant. I got up to the interview stage last year. The cut off for offer was 79%, got 70%.
But YW, I'm glad you got it all sorted now.
Original post by swopnil
Yes, I'm a reapplicant. I got up to the interview stage last year. The cut off for offer was 79%, got 70%.
But YW, I'm glad you got it all sorted now.

OH okay! OMG that's so close! You know where you need to improve? And thanks
What do you Guys mean about a confirmation? As I got an email form Bristol saying i applied This isn't the same as a confirmation isn't it? Confused :frown:

the email saying you applied is what we mean by a confirmation
OH okay! OMG that's so close! You know where you need to improve? And thanks

Yeah I know what to expect now and just need lots of practice.

Have you also noticed that the first set of dates for Bristol interviews are in November?!!
Original post by swopnil

Have you also noticed that the first set of dates for Bristol interviews are in November?!!

That's good, and no what wow that means they will be letting some people know they have an interview soon! :s-smilie:
That's good, and no what wow that means they will be letting some people know they have an interview soon! :s-smilie:

I know!!! It won't be long.
Bristol does have the reputation of being slow in their decisions tho so I wouldn't be too anxious waiting.
Where are the interview dates?
Original post by swopnil

I've only just realised how close November is...suddenly feeling very ill 😷

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Boo_Ayres13
Where are the interview dates?

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/applicants/interviews-visits/interviews/medicine/

Original post by CutieTootsie
Posted from TSR Mobile

We all know what you're going through. But don't worry too much cutie! :smile:

Things to remember :

1) They don't want you to fail.
2) MMIs are actually quite fun ....
3) Breathe.
4) Smile.
I am just glad the medical school contacts you within two weeks! So do we get to pick the times or are they given to us?
Original post by RichiePhoenix_
I am just glad the medical school contacts you within two weeks! So do we get to pick the times or are they given to us?

Hi!! Do you mind me asking 2 weeks from when?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Miloinmyblood
Hi!! Do you mind me asking 2 weeks from when?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, sorry I was a bit unclear! After your interview Bristol get back to you within two weeks regarding whether your application was successful. Which is great, I've heard some medical schools take months.
Has anyone heard back from Bristol yet? Someone got an email saying they are looking at their application just waiting for their UKCAT results.
I havent gotten this email? has anyone else?
Has anyone heard back from Bristol yet? Someone got an email saying they are looking at their application just waiting for their UKCAT results.

I haven't got that email either 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me neither

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm the one that got that email. I applied for the Gateway programme though, so that's probably why you haven't got it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending