The Student Room Group

What C1-4 content is required for OCR S2 and S3?

The question is in the title, really. I'm trying to find out what I need to self study, as I'm planning on doing an extra AS in FM. Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by petrus123
The question is in the title, really. I'm trying to find out what I need to self study, as I'm planning on doing an extra AS in FM. Thanks!

Anyone?
Reply 2
Can't speak for S3 but S2 it seems you only need basic integration, decent algebra and a good understanding of S1.
Reply 3
Original post by JN17
Can't speak for S3 but S2 it seems you only need basic integration, decent algebra and a good understanding of S1.

Is this OCR? If so, why does it say you need C3-4 stuff?

Does basic integration include any trig functions, logs, integrals to infinity, etc.?
Reply 4
Is this OCR? If so, why does it say you need C3-4 stuff?

Does basic integration include any trig functions, logs, integrals to infinity, etc.?

Oh my bad I assumed edexcel without seeing, I'd advise you go through the s2/s3 syllabus and see what you might need from core, but its probably better to learn the core modules first and then move onto s2/s3 so there is no new content in terms of integration etc.
Reply 5
Original post by JN17
Oh my bad I assumed edexcel without seeing, I'd advise you go through the s2/s3 syllabus and see what you might need from core, but its probably better to learn the core modules first and then move onto s2/s3 so there is no new content in terms of integration etc.

Unfortunately, I can't entirely pick and choose. I'm already in a class for Maths A-level (doing C3-4 mainly in the second year, I think). I'll ask a Maths teacher.
Unfortunately, I can't entirely pick and choose. I'm already in a class for Maths A-level (doing C3-4 mainly in the second year, I think). I'll ask a Maths teacher.

After our earlier discussion I looked through the specification and at a few past papers and I can't find anything that isn't basic calculus (e.g. for area under a curve in continuous variables). This isn't a comprehensive analysis and I think speaking to a teacher who actually delivers S2/3 would be a good idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by gdunne42
After our earlier discussion I looked through the specification and at a few past papers and I can't find anything that isn't basic calculus (e.g. for area under a curve in continuous variables). This isn't a comprehensive analysis and I think speaking to a teacher who actually delivers S2/3 would be a good idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! I'll try that. Hopefully you're right :-)

Quick Reply

Latest