The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samir12
But today was nothing to do with tactics, it was just simple defensive errors made by the players.

Ah right sure sure. It's funny how people like to defend other big teams when they lose, but if United would have lost this game 4 nil, i'm sure it would have been because of Mourinho's awful tactics, and that United would be the laughing stock f the premier league, and the Pogba for £89 million memes would be all over facebook. Funny that isn't it...
Reply 4201
Tbh I don't think you can defend Guardiola after the game. Yeah Bravo messed up but he's clearly under instructions to play the ball to feet and take risks while another keeper would have sent that to the stratosphere. The first goal ****ing lol. The third goal they had 10 men.
Original post by samir12
City were actually the better team before Bravo got sent off. It's clear that Guardiola needs another transfer window and more time on the training pitch to get the team to the standard he wants as it's just too error prone defensively, reminds me of the 14/15 Liverpool team but not as bad of course.

No they ****ing wasn't
Reply 4203
Original post by Dirtybit
No they ****ing wasn't

Yeah I agree with this completely. The commentators said that but I was busy thinking that they were ********ting.

That being said City were creating chances and could have easily been level at the break but I was kind of annoyed how they were talking **** about Messi acting like he had a bad game. I don't think either team were better than the other, but again I think it was a poor game for what it was hyped up to be in all circumstances and Aguero should have come on much sooner if City actually wanted to win the game.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Yeah I agree with this completely. The commentators said that but I was busy thinking that they were ********ting.

That being said City were creating chances and could have easily been level at the break but I was kind of annoyed how they were talking **** about Messi acting like he had a bad game. I don't think either team were better than the other, but again I think it was a poor game for what it was hyped up to be in all circumstances and Aguero should have come on much sooner if City actually wanted to win the game.

Agreed both teams were playing at the same level
Original post by SCIENCE :D
But does this prove that, Guardiola is not as good tactically as everyone thought. He still has the best sqaud in the premier league by far, surely he should have done better than that tonight.

Stupid comment. His tactics were spot on before the Bravo sending off.

Oh and you do realise how ridiculously superior Barca are to every single premier league team?
Imagine if we signed Ozil when Rooney went mad about him. Ozil would have been the perfect No 10 for Rooney. Rooney would just need to be in the box and he would have been our main striker even now rather than been played all over the park.
Original post by Soyeb
Imagine if we signed Ozil when Rooney went mad about him. Ozil would have been the perfect No 10 for Rooney. Rooney would just need to be in the box and he would have been our main striker even now rather than been played all over the park.

yh and we signed RVP and he was not happy about being replaced
the guy is a joke he needs a jan move to MLS
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Tbh I don't think you can defend Guardiola after the game. Yeah Bravo messed up but he's clearly under instructions to play the ball to feet and take risks while another keeper would have sent that to the stratosphere. The first goal ****ing lol. The third goal they had 10 men.

Sorry but Bravo is experienced enough to know when to take a risk or not, that's why Joe Hart was flogged of otherwise they might aswell of kept him.

The only criticism of Guardiola you can give is not sorting out that defence and not starting Aguero but he has been in charge for 2/3 months and his team are still adjusting to his style and yet are top of the PL as they should be.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Soyeb

Ozil wouldn't have been perfect for Rooney lol, Rooney's never been the kind of guy to play off of the last defender for 90 minutes and consistently make runs in behind
Reply 4210
Original post by samir12
Sorry but Bravo is experienced enough to know when to take a risk or not, that's why Joe Hart was flogged of otherwise they might aswell of kept him.

The only criticism of Guardiola you can give is not sorting out that defence and not starting Aguero but he has been in charge for 2/3 months and his team are still adjusting to his style and yet are top of the PL as they should be.

I just find it weird that Guardiola keepers always make these hashups in big games? Neuer vs Juventus in the CL, Victor Valdes in el clasicos and now Bravo. It's a common occurrence don't you think?

I think individually City have good CBs and while they could improve on the fullbacks I think the setup is flawed in general. I think Guardiola wants another CM and probably some fullbacks.
No win in 4 for City.

When this happened to us we had Pogba dabbing memes all over the place and photoshopped pictures of Moyes with Jose's face.

Pep is a fraud, again all this is showing just how great SAF was.

Original post by Soyeb

When has Rooney ever stayed in th box? It's just not his game.
Original post by zKlown
No win in 4 for City.

When this happened to us we had Pogba dabbing memes all over the place and photoshopped pictures of Moyes with Jose's face.

Pep is a fraud, again all this is showing just how great SAF was.

When has Rooney ever stayed in th box? It's just not his game.

You've played no one.

United wouldbe lucky not to lose every one of City's last 4 fixtures
Rooney needs wingers. And the no.10 space vacant.

If he was 10 years older he could have actually realised his potential with us, playing in a front 2 with Beckham and Giggs supplying him. These bloody fancy European tactics ruined him.
Reply 4214
Just seen Martin Atkinson is the referee for Sunday

May as well just give Chelsea the points now then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pep's bald
Original post by IamJacksContempt
You've played no one.

United wouldbe lucky not to lose every one of City's last 4 fixtures

Please post a picture of a fishing rod Luke and quote the gentleman above me

Original post by Lúcio
x
Original post by Soyeb

If you had signed Ozil in 2010 where would you have played Ji Sung Park ffs
Original post by swirly
If you had signed Ozil in 2010 where would you have played Ji Sung Park ffs

Yeah but come on anyone would have Ozil over Park anyday. Dont get me wrong Park did do a lot for us but Ozil is different class. However Park has always been a big game player which i sometimes feel Ozil is not.

Latest