The Student Room Group

Dental Hygiene and Therapy 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by SunshiineH
Hi, I don't think there is a thread for those who are looking to do dental hygiene and therapy for the 2017 entry so I made one:smile: Hopefully get to know some potential peers??

Hi! I'm applying for dental hygiene and therapy 2017 entry! Where are you applying? :smile:
Reply 121
Hey, hope your interviews for kings go well!

Do you know when you will hear back from them as to whether or not you were successful. I'm trying to get an idea for when I apply next year

X
Reply 122
Original post by JBT85
Hey, hope your interviews for kings go well!

Do you know when you will hear back from them as to whether or not you were successful. I'm trying to get an idea for when I apply next year

X

hey they send feedback like 2 weeks later. might be quicker or a bit later
Reply 123
Wow - so quick.

I'm asking because kings intake is Jan and QM is September. I would love to go to Kings but would need to know if I had a chance before I could accept the offer to QM ( if I get any offer at all haha)

Thanks for your reply. Are you applying for 2017 entry yourself?
Reply 124
Original post by JBT85
Wow - so quick.

I'm asking because kings intake is Jan and QM is September. I would love to go to Kings but would need to know if I had a chance before I could accept the offer to QM ( if I get any offer at all haha)

Thanks for your reply. Are you applying for 2017 entry yourself?

kings intake is jan. i cant remember when exactly they sent interview offer/results of applications letter but it must have been august. and then there were interviews in september and 1-2 weeks later after results of the interview.

qmul is through ucas so deadline for application is beginning of jan. they will have interviews before shortlisting of kings. i think they have shortlisting in march

eastman is supposed start applications in november-jan (they started later for 2016 intake -january) and they had interviews in june and results begining of july

i have been accepted for jan 2017 intake :smile: if you have any more questions regarding application or anything else you can pm me :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 125
Original post by alka102
kings intake is jan. i cant remember when exactly they sent interview offer/results of applications letter but it must have been august. and then there were interviews in september and 1-2 weeks later after results of the interview.

qmul is through ucas so deadline for application is beginning of jan. they will have interviews before shortlisting of kings. i think they have shortlisting in march

eastman is supposed start applications in november-jan (they started later for 2016 intake -january) and they had interviews in june and results begining of july

i have been accepted for jan 2017 intake :smile: if you have any more questions regarding application or anything else you can pm me :smile:

That's a amazing - congratulations. Thank you so much. If QM offer me a place then I'll probably take it rather than wait to see if Kings accept me - I'm not that brave.

If you don't mind me asking - what qualifications do you have?
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me...

I am applying through UCAS to do Dental Hygiene at Bristol and Cardiff and Dental Hygiene and Therapy at QM. Obviously because QM is also the therapy part but the others aren't I don't know how to go about this with my personal statement- I don't want to not mention therapy for the sake of QM uni but I also don't want Bristol and Cardiff to be like why is she talking about therapy when it just a dental hyg course?

Has anyone else had this issue or does anyone have any suggestions?

xx
I would personally put both in, I know with Bristol they do a top up course to the therapy so they would just see it as what you want for the future and for the other uni that's just hygiene if you get an interview just mention you would like to do a therapy top up course. I hope this helps 🙂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Soph282
I would personally put both in, I know with Bristol they do a top up course to the therapy so they would just see it as what you want for the future and for the other uni that's just hygiene if you get an interview just mention you would like to do a therapy top up course. I hope this helps 🙂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh that is true.. thanks :biggrin:

Are you applying anywhere?
Original post by Jknighton94
Yeh that is true.. thanks :biggrin:

Are you applying anywhere?

Yes, I've applied to the BPP in Birmingham, it's a private uni and I have to pay quite a bit towards tuition fees but it's close to home 🙂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Soph282
Yes, I've applied to the BPP in Birmingham, it's a private uni and I have to pay quite a bit towards tuition fees but it's close to home 🙂

Posted from TSR Mobile

It will be worth it! good luck :biggrin:
It will be worth it! good luck :biggrin:

Definitely! Thank you, you too 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im pretty sure I already know this but is the UCAS application deadline in January when applying to Cardiff, Essex and QM for Dental Hygiene?

Just had a notification on UCAS to remind me deadlines being 15th October for some courses so just want to confirm...
Reply 133
Is anyone applying for the BSC??
Has anyone who applied to Sheffield heard back about interview offers yet?
Original post by Chanelle Bowen
Hi all!! I ve been accepted to do Dental Hygiene and Therapy at Teesside next year (September 2017) anyone else had a firm offer for this??

Hey :smile: is your offer from a deferred entry? If not how come you got your offer so soon? I only just applied for the course and didn't expect offers would be made for a while yet?? :s-smilie:

I am applying for the BSc @ Teesside also :smile: xx
Has anyone who applied to Sheffield heard back about interview offers yet?

HiI am waiting to hear back from Sheffield. They said in the letter that they will get back to me mid October. Its kinda late October now... So I will probably give them until then end then I will probably give them a call or an email!
Im pretty sure I already know this but is the UCAS application deadline in January when applying to Cardiff, Essex and QM for Dental Hygiene?

Just had a notification on UCAS to remind me deadlines being 15th October for some courses so just want to confirm...

Think this is for Dentistry and Medical - I don't think or at least.. most hygiene therapy courses are not included!
Hello everyone!

Who has heard back from Portsmouth for Sept' 2017?
Original post by Abalamo
Hi, I've got an interview for Portsmouth 2017. I'm excited but nervous for it! Does anyone have any tips for the interview? Ideally, anyone who's been to a Portsmouth interview but interviews in general as well.

HI,
first of all good luck with your interview!
can I ask what grades/qualifications have you got?? I'm applying to Portsmouth as well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest