The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Finally took down that damn gym which has always been level 10...

Here is my proof...

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1476811903.001351.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I've seen a Pinsir nearby about 10-12 times since I started playing but never found one. Seems today was my luck day since finally caught one!

That brings me up to 120 for the pokedex..

So had 3x 10k eggs recently which gave me Dratini, Scyther and Eeevee. Not great but one step closer to Dragonite and now I can power my Vaporeon to max CP for my level.
Original post by Zerforax
So I've seen a Pinsir nearby about 10-12 times since I started playing but never found one. Seems today was my luck day since finally caught one!

That brings me up to 120 for the pokedex..

So had 3x 10k eggs recently which gave me Dratini, Scyther and Eeevee. Not great but one step closer to Dragonite and now I can power my Vaporeon to max CP for my level.

I'd kill for a dratini from a 10k egg...
Other than my Lapras, all I've ever gotten have been Eevees, Pinsirs and Scythers plus a couple of Hitmonchans...
Although, my last one gave me a Kabuto (something which I had seen only once before). So, crap but helped me fill in my Pokedex more. =)

Am going to try my luck next weekend in town with my incense.
Also, just for reference, managed a Bulbasaur from a 2k egg today. =D
Original post by Scienceisgood
I'd kill for a dratini from a 10k egg...
Other than my Lapras, all I've ever gotten have been Eevees, Pinsirs and Scythers plus a couple of Hitmonchans...
Although, my last one gave me a Kabuto (something which I had seen only once before). So, crap but helped me fill in my Pokedex more. =)

Am going to try my luck next weekend in town with my incense.
Also, just for reference, managed a Bulbasaur from a 2k egg today. =D

Got me up to 61 Dratini candies which is still pretty low. Not sure who to make my next buddy.

Another Lapras/Snorlax would be good so I can power up my high leveled ones.. I'd take a Kabuto or Omanyte since they would give me enough candies to evolve. Still need Aerodactyl and Chansey but actually narrowed down what I need from 10km eggs now.

Ugh I only seem to get crap from 2km eggs. Can't remember the last time I had a starter. Although the local nest has changed to Bulbasaur with the odd Squirtle spawn so might be okay..
Ok I call BS. Got a mid 800s CP Growlithe and I evolve it. I get Bulldoze as a charged move...
Got a near 2000CP Arcanine though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok I call BS. Got a mid 800s CP Growlithe and I evolve it. I get Bulldoze as a charged move...
Got a near 2000CP Arcanine though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea Bulldoze, Flamethrower and Fire Blast are the 3 charge moves Arcanine can have. Bulldoze is awful and a ground move to top it off. I had to evolve a second Growlithe to get Flamethrower which is really annoying. If I didn't have to waste another 50 candies, I could've powered to like 2000-2200.

With the Eevee I hatched, I had enough candy to power my Vaporeon to CP 2287, which is now my highest pokemon.
Oh yeah and just to add more annoyance to my day... Saw a wild dragonite on my nearby list today... Disappeared 2 minutes later...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh yeah and just to add more annoyance to my day... Saw a wild dragonite on my nearby list today... Disappeared 2 minutes later...

Posted from TSR Mobile

:frown:!!

I was thinking about this. Niantic shooting themselves in the foot by blocking all scanning apps. Surely the logical thing is to add an item which can be purchased (call it Silph Scope or something) which for 30 minutes will show you the location of all pokemon nearby.

Players will be happy since they can catch rare stuff - it's impossible to find anything now without blind luck or if you already know where certain spawn spots are - and Niantic could make a fortune since people will make more in-app purchases.

Ugh just hatched my 5th Scyther FML
FML...

First Dragonite now this...

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1476968195.727084.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Finally powered my Arcanine to over CP 2000 which is my 6th pokemon.

Slowly getting enough candies for more evolutions. Pokedex will be 123 once I evolve the ones which are ready.

What used to be a Abra nest changed into a Bulbasaur nest (didn't manage to get enough candies for either in that time) but now bizarrely it seems to have changed into a Magmar nest? Caught 3 in the space of 5 minutes..

Wonder if trading is anywhere near? I'm trying to have one of everything so often would delete duplicates but tempted to sit on the 4x Scyther, 4x Magmar and 2x Mr Mime just in case trading did arrive..
Well, hatched a 10k egg today and got my first Magmar with 32 candy. Also got a second 10k egg today in quick succession after getting the Magmar. =)

Also evolved my first Blastoise yesterday. Worst possible move set, Bite and Flash Cannon... =(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, hatched a 10k egg today and got my first Magmar with 32 candy. Also got a second 10k egg today in quick succession after getting the Magmar. =)

Also evolved my first Blastoise yesterday. Worst possible move set, Bite and Flash Cannon... =(

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm really struggling for candies for the starters. Worst is charmander where I think I've had a total of 25 candies..
FML...

First Dragonite now this...

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1476968195.727084.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fastpokemap has started working again so get on it! Just go to the website and it brings up locations for pokemon (don't need an App).

Caught a Kabuto this morning which I wouldn't have found otherwise! And to add to that, just found and caught a wild Snorlax :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
[video="youtube;An2Dq6FcMjU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2Dq6FcMjU[/video]
Original post by Athena64
[video="youtube;An2Dq6FcMjU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2Dq6FcMjU[/video]

Exactly what I need! More drowzee and zubat. -_-
Original post by Donkey******
Exactly what I need! More drowzee and zubat. -_-

I don't have a Drowzee and one of my favorite Pokemon is Zubat so I'm all set. :smile:

I need to evolve my Haunter too, this is perfect!
Original post by Athena64
I don't have a Drowzee and one of my favorite Pokemon is Zubat so I'm all set. :smile:

I need to evolve my Haunter too, this is perfect!

You quite literally need to get out more. Drowzee is possibly the pokemon I've caught most of.
Ok, used the last charge on my egg incubator I got for achieving level 25 and I got a 935CP.... (Drum roll please)

Spoiler

Original post by Donkey******
You quite literally need to get out more. Drowzee is possibly the pokemon I've caught most of.

Yea Drowsee is just behind Pidgey for me.

Sod the ghost pokemon... look at the candy treats!

It’s Halloween season and we have a treat for you! From October 26th to November 1st, you’ll earn double the amount of Candy every time you catch, hatch and transfer Pokémon! Don’t forget your Buddy Pokémon, because they will help you earn Candy four times as fast

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/halloween2016/

I think I'll be trying to get a Dragonite this week..
(edited 7 years ago)
Ok, used the last charge on my egg incubator I got for achieving level 25 and I got a 935CP.... (Drum roll please)

Spoiler

Yea Jynx and Scythers I now hate after hatching too many.

Found a Lapras earlier and a casual 25 charmanders after swinging by a nest :colondollar:

My 10km hatched an Electabuzz. This one actually has Thunder/Thunder Shock and now that I have 43 candies, I may as well power up. Annoyingly I had started powering up a Raichu. Electric types very good for Gyarados though - my 1300 Raichu took out a 2200 Gyarados.

Also annoyingly, after having gotten my Victrebell to CP 2000 (has Acid/Solar Beam), I evolved an Oddish into Vileplume which has Razor leaf/Solar Beam so now I feel like I've got to power that to CP 2000..

14 pokemon left for pokedex. I think 6 will be relatively easy and the other 6 will be harder work.

With the update and candy boost coming for a few days, I think I can get close to having most of them. The only ones which will be tough/not possible are likely to be Chansey and Aerodactyl.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest