Kings College EMDP 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

I'm applying with A*A*A* prediction and 2 A* 8 As gcse. 650 band 2 ukcat

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by Lemauricien
I'm applying with A*A*A* prediction and 2 A* 8 As gcse. 650 band 2 ukcat

Posted from TSR Mobile

just out of curiosity why don't you apply for the standard 5 year programmes. your stats are enough to get you to any 5 year courses.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Yahya1997
just out of curiosity why don't you apply for the standard 5 year programmes. your stats are enough to get you to any 5 year courses.

I applied to the A100 too but I'm kinda worried it won't be enough because i heard they want ukcat at like 700+ , idk how true that is tho

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just got an acknowledgement email saying they'll give me an update on the status of my application within the next 6 weeks.
Reply 24
Original post by nihil_nimis
I just got an acknowledgement email saying they'll give me an update on the status of my application within the next 6 weeks.

Thats good. Going to send mine of tomorrow hopefully. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!
Original post by Lemauricien
I applied to the A100 too but I'm kinda worried it won't be enough because i heard they want ukcat at like 700+ , idk how true that is tho

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is not true, they interviews as low as 630 last year, somebody even got an interview with a UKCAT of 612.

The deciles have gone down aswell, therefore unis will have a lower cut off.

You should really apply to the standard course.
Original post by Fishhy34
That is not true, they interviews as low as 630 last year, somebody even got an interview with a UKCAT of 612.

The deciles have gone down aswell, therefore unis will have a lower cut off.

You should really apply to the standard course.

Wouldn't that applicant most likely have had loads of A*s to compensate that ?
And since I'm eligible, I'm using this for a greater chance of getting in
Reply 27
Hi guys

1. what does kings mean by :
"A maximum of four choices on the UCAS form may be made for programmes which lead to a professional qualification in medicine.

You may add one of the following alternative non-health programmes to your UCAS application: Biochemistry, Molecular Genetics, Pharmacology, Pharmacology & Molecular Genetics, Physiology, Neuroscience, Human Sciences and Biomedical Science."

I want apply to 3 or 4 biochem places (including kings biochem) and only to 1 medicine course (King's EMDP) so a total of about 4 courses.

2. Does this mean I can only apply to 1 biochem course?? Or can I apply to more than 1 as well as emdp
do the rest have to be either medicine or something else?
I only feel confident applying to medicine EMDP :frown: i dont want to apply to anyother course but medicine or biochem

3. also does biochem count as a programme leading to a professional qualification in medicine? im sure it does not but just please confirm for me

can anyone advise me here???
i am worry so much about this
Thank youu
Reply 28
Original post by mi2016
Hi guys

1. what does kings mean by :
"A maximum of four choices on the UCAS form may be made for programmes which lead to a professional qualification in medicine.

You may add one of the following alternative non-health programmes to your UCAS application: Biochemistry, Molecular Genetics, Pharmacology, Pharmacology & Molecular Genetics, Physiology, Neuroscience, Human Sciences and Biomedical Science."

I want apply to 3 or 4 biochem places (including kings biochem) and only to 1 medicine course (King's EMDP) so a total of about 4 courses.

2. Does this mean I can only apply to 1 biochem course?? Or can I apply to more than 1 as well as emdp
do the rest have to be either medicine or something else?
I only feel confident applying to medicine EMDP :frown: i dont want to apply to anyother course but medicine or biochem

3. also does biochem count as a programme leading to a professional qualification in medicine? im sure it does not but just please confirm for me

can anyone advise me here???
i am worry so much about this
Thank youu

By this it means that those applying for medicine can only have up to four medicine choices but there is no lower limit.

So you can apply for just one medicine course. Your other choices can be used for biochemistry. Universities do not see your other choices now but your personal statement indicates it. Usually universities that receive a statement that isn't geared for the course - for example they receive a medicine personal statement for biochemistry, they may ask you for another one to be sent to them. Also, you can apply for just medicine and fill your other choices by the January deadline.

Biochemistry is quite different from medicine. Only medicine courses will be approved by the General Medical Council.
Got a confirmation email as well. They also gave me my login details to King's myApplication but unfortunately it seems down at the moment and I can't really log in to it.
To all those people predicted over AAA, doesn't it say on the website that the six year program is ABB-AAA? I know some unis with a gateway/foundation year for med don't look at those that have the grades to apply for their five year course. I'm a little confused so, can someone explain this me please?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Onthedancefloor
To all those people predicted over AAA, doesn't it say on the website that the six year program is ABB-AAA? I know some unis with a gateway/foundation year for med don't look at those that have the grades to apply for their five year course. I'm a little confused so, can someone explain this me please?

You can apply here if your predicted over AAA because there are other factors that are considered e.g. GCSEs and UKCAT for standard five year course. My predictions are A*AA and a UKCAT of 703 average BUT I have rather weak GCSEs (only 2A*, 6A and 3B's). For safety I decided to apply to EMDP. Some people have great predicted grades (3 A*s) but lack in another aspect e.g. UKCAT and/or GCSEs.
Reply 32
Original post by LightAtTheEnd
You can apply here if your predicted over AAA because there are other factors that are considered e.g. GCSEs and UKCAT for standard five year course. My predictions are A*AA and a UKCAT of 703 average BUT I have rather weak GCSEs (only 2A*, 6A and 3B's). For safety I decided to apply to EMDP. Some people have great predicted grades (3 A*s) but lack in another aspect e.g. UKCAT and/or GCSEs.

Very true, just to add that some people that are predicted above AAA may also be retakes, so they won't be considered for the 5 year course
Reply 33
Got a confirmation email as well. They also gave me my login details to King's myApplication but unfortunately it seems down at the moment and I can't really log in to it.

Haven't received a confirmation yet 😅
Reply 34
Original post by Mkbear

Same, got the confirmation email on Saturday. Had my login from last year.
Original post by Mkbear

You should get one soon!
On a side note, King's Admission portal seems to be down still..

https://twitter.com/kingsitsystems

keep checking their IT systems twitter account tho!
Reply 36
You should get one soon!
On a side note, King's Admission portal seems to be down still..

https://twitter.com/kingsitsystems

keep checking their IT systems twitter account tho!

Yes. It's so frustrating because they encourage enquiries to be made through the portal yet I haven't received login details to be able to do this. Can't submit an enquiry due to website errors and can't find an admissions email address either.
May just have to give them a call tomorrow.
I'm worried because I forgot to submit my GCSE English language but am now sorting this out with UCAS. Could explain the missing email but that may be due to all their current technical issues.
Original post by Mkbear
Yes. It's so frustrating because they encourage enquiries to be made through the portal yet I haven't received login details to be able to do this. Can't submit an enquiry due to website errors and can't find an admissions email address either.
May just have to give them a call tomorrow.
I'm worried because I forgot to submit my GCSE English language but am now sorting this out with UCAS. Could explain the missing email but that may be due to all their current technical issues.

Yes its best to get these things sorted out. Do remember to check the spam folder tho! A lot of important mails from unis are often in your spam. The southampton emails are often in spam as far as I know.
Does anyone have an idea when interviews would be sent out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cherish03
Does anyone have an idea when interviews would be sent out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last year Interviews started to be sent out late December.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending