The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester 2017 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FlyHighSky
I got an offer for Physics with Astrophysics !!!:h:A*A*A....

Congratulations! How was the interview?
Mine is on the 1st of November and I'm freaking out :O
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Offer for planning with real estate. ABB. Never got an email from them hough
Reply 102
Course: Pharmacy
AS: ABBB in bio, chem, maths and psychology
A2: ABB in bio, chem and maths (on a gap year, so achieved grades)
Offers: Applied last week but nothing yet. Acknowledgement from Nottingham and Cardiff.
Original post by Vanilla Poison
Congratulations! How was the interview?
Mine is on the 1st of November and I'm freaking out :O

Oh! I didn't have an interview! I am an International Applicant! I hope you do great on your interview!! All the best!! maybe we will both end up in manchester!:smile::smile:
Oh! I didn't have an interview! I am an International Applicant! I hope you do great on your interview!! All the best!! maybe we will both end up in manchester!:smile::smile:

Thank you for your kind words! :h: And I hope so too!!
Original post by jamesalsbury
Applying for Medicine

GCSEs: 5A*s, 5As
AS grades: AAABB
Predicted: A*AA
Offer: Sent off my application this morning, no acknowledgement from any of my 4 choices thus far

have you filled out their non-academic form yet? I've also applied to medicine
Reply 106
I got an offer for Physics with Astrophysics !!!:h:A*A*A....

congratulationsssss:biggrin:
what is A*A*A? is it your predicted grades or the conditional offer?
To those of you who have had an interview or will have an interview, what do you wear? I don't want to over do it by coming in a suit :tongue: But I'm not sure about coming in jeans either, any advice would be appreciated!
Original post by Vanilla Poison
To those of you who have had an interview or will have an interview, what do you wear? I don't want to over do it by coming in a suit :tongue: But I'm not sure about coming in jeans either, any advice would be appreciated!

My son had an interview on Tuesday for Physics. It was all VERY informal and the vast majority were in their normal clothes, ie. jeans. On the whole, it was more about Manchester taking the opportunity to sell the course to the students. It was actually a really enjoyable afternoon and very relaxed. Good luck!
Original post by Spange88
My son had an interview on Tuesday for Physics. It was all VERY informal and the vast majority were in their normal clothes, ie. jeans. On the whole, it was more about Manchester taking the opportunity to sell the course to the students. It was actually a really enjoyable afternoon and very relaxed. Good luck!

Thank you for your reply!
Applied for Sociology with Quantitative Methods! Just got an email saying they've recieved my application! I'm excited now yas!

Hello! I'm an international student too but was under the assumption that we had to do the interview as well albeit via skype. Is this wrong :K: a tiny bit confused right now hahaha
Original post by jaysinn
Hello! I'm an international student too but was under the assumption that we had to do the interview as well albeit via skype. Is this wrong :K: a tiny bit confused right now hahaha

I believe you do conduct your interview from skype. At least that is my understanding as well.
Original post by jaysinn

Which subject?

My son has just received an offer (essentially unconditional) to read Computer Science and Mathematics. He's quite happy :smile:. His application went in on the 20th September. There was no interview.

He's also an international student - British, but we've lived in California for almost 9 years. Before making the offer, they asked for confirmation of his overseas fee status and proof of his qualifications (so far - he already has their entry requirements from his penultimate year of high school).
Original post by RogerOxon
Which subject?

My son has just received an offer (essentially unconditional) to read Computer Science and Mathematics. He's quite happy :smile:. His application went in on the 20th September. There was no interview.

He's also an international student - British, but we've lived in California for almost 9 years. Before making the offer, they asked for confirmation of his overseas fee status and proof of his qualifications (so far - he already has their entry requirements from his penultimate year of high school).

Neuroscience even thought its my backup for medicine (aka its my 5th choice)
Congratulations to both you and your son! I will never have the bravery to pursue math at a higher level hahahaa my application went on the 11th oct but apart from an email confirming my objections towards experimenting with live animals, i haven't had much sign of any offers! :frown:

Also really hoping that there isn't an interview. My a levels are coming up next month and it would be wonderful to have one less thing to worry about! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by wolfmoon88
I believe you do conduct your interview from skype. At least that is my understanding as well.

Are you an international student as well? I might have to get around to sending them an email to confirm! :P
Original post by jaysinn
Are you an international student as well? I might have to get around to sending them an email to confirm! :P

Yeah I am an international student as well :P
Original post by jaysinn

I believe it depends on the subject.:smile:
I think they do Skype interviews for biological sciences.
Original post by wolfmoon88
Yeah I am an international student as well :P

Where are you from and what course are you taking? :smile:
Original post by JessicaApple
I believe it depends on the subject.:smile:
I think they do Skype interviews for biological sciences.

Ooh ok thanks for the info! :smile: will go email them right now just to be sure!

Quick Reply

Latest