The Student Room Group

HMRC Tax Professional Caseworker Provisional Offer

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NicolaClaire
I've only just done the ID verification and I've still heard nothing about the DBS/medical questionnaire, so I wouldn't worry too much. As I said before it's not actually HR dealing with this, they've passed it off to other offices who obviously have their own work to do. Try calling Euston tower and asking to be put through to HMRC, they might be able to give you some info or put you in touch with the people handling it in Portsmouth.

Hi, have you had any update concerning the DBS stage (assuming you filled it out in the 'next stage' part) or occupational health etc? As on the main threads some people who had similar situations to ourselves have received the DBS through the post etc, and are awaiting start dates.
Reply 61
Original post by enterunsername
Hi, have you had any update concerning the DBS stage (assuming you filled it out in the 'next stage' part) or occupational health etc? As on the main threads some people who had similar situations to ourselves have received the DBS through the post etc, and are awaiting start dates.

Hey, no I haven't heard anything back yet at all, bar the automated confirmation email after sending off the health form. I only sent off the DBS last week though so i'm not surprised. The whole thing seems to be moving at a snails pace.
Reply 62
Finally had the email to say my pre employment checks are complete - fingers crossed for a start date soon.
Reply 63
So, I had this email today...
Dear Matt
Your pre-employment checks have been satisfactorily completed.The vacancy holder will contact you shortly to agree a start date and/or discuss the next steps.
Regards
HM Revenue and Customs recruitment team

Seems to be finally going somewhere!
Original post by MattB89

I got this on 11/10/16 (for Belfast) .... needless to say, still waiting for anything else!
Reply 65
Original post by Mollycolee
Iv applied for the job in Cardiff and received a formal offer with a start date of 14th November

How long did you have to wait for a formal start date from when you received the email I posted above? As I also applied in Cardiff so curious whether we'd all be starting together or at different times!
Original post by MattB89
How long did you have to wait for a formal start date from when you received the email I posted above? As I also applied in Cardiff so curious whether we'd all be starting together or at different times!

I had an email on the 22nd September advising I passed my pre employment checks and then had An email last Friday with my start date, they seem to be giving everyone dead on 4 weeks notice. The next start date is 21st November so you'll probably hear Thursday or Friday
Reply 67
Original post by MattB89

Ooh congrats!

Let us know how it goes on
Reply 68
Does anyone know if the CSIST is a SJT or a personality test? If it is a SJT does anyone know how it differs from the STJ later in the process?
Reply 69

I got my DBS certificate in the post today, and I got the confirmation that my pre-employment checks were satisfactorily completed on Friday so now I'm just waiting for the start date! Where have you got to so far?
I got my DBS certificate in the post today, and I got the confirmation that my pre-employment checks were satisfactorily completed on Friday so now I'm just waiting for the start date! Where have you got to so far?

Congrats!

I Am a bit worried now....I phoned DBS a few times and they have no application under my name, sent an email to HMRC and... well anxiously.waiting.

Not good signs at all from my end...some have mentioned on other threads that offers have occasionally been removed (if that happens would love to know why...especially as the process was so drawn out and I went to the office etc)

Any how good luck and hope you get the location you want. Just out of interest I was reading last night that HMRC were looking at Canary Wharf for offices.
Reply 71
Congrats!

I Am a bit worried now....I phoned DBS a few times and they have no application under my name, sent an email to HMRC and... well anxiously.waiting.

Not good signs at all from my end...some have mentioned on other threads that offers have occasionally been removed (if that happens would love to know why...especially as the process was so drawn out and I went to the office etc)

Any how good luck and hope you get the location you want. Just out of interest I was reading last night that HMRC were looking at Canary Wharf for offices.

Oh I hope you haven't removed, that would be a real downer. The DBS actually went through quite quickly so they may not have sent yours off yet. I think they send them off in batches rather than as and when we fill the forms out, so i'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
Reply 72

You're Glasgow also if I'm not mistaken?
Reply 73
Original post by ryan.m

No, London! Glasgow was my second choice
Oh I hope you haven't removed, that would be a real downer. The DBS actually went through quite quickly so they may not have sent yours off yet. I think they send them off in batches rather than as and when we fill the forms out, so i'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Thanks Nicola, your words provide some much needed solace!

Oh and by the way your second preference being in Scotland is quite outstanding considering London is your first! There are only one a half football teams in Scotland so I will stick down south for now!

All the best.
Original post by MattB89

Got this this afternoon:

Re: CSR/1667/16 HMRC Band O Tax Professional Programme 2016 . We will be contacting candidates shortly regarding the next stage of the recruitment process. We acknowledge you may have to make certain arrangements before taking up employment with HMRC and we will endeavour to write to you again as soon as possible. Kind Regards, CS Resourcing Recruitment Team
Reply 76
Original post by MurphysLaw2471
Got this this afternoon:

Re: CSR/1667/16 HMRC Band O Tax Professional Programme 2016 . We will be contacting candidates shortly regarding the next stage of the recruitment process. We acknowledge you may have to make certain arrangements before taking up employment with HMRC and we will endeavour to write to you again as soon as possible. Kind Regards, CS Resourcing Recruitment Team

That's great, I've not had anything else just yet. Hopefully wont be too much longer now. I think I'm going to give them another ring tomorrow as when they say

"The vacancy holder will contact you shortly to agree a start date and/or discuss the next steps. "

you expect something in a day or two, rather than 2 weeks!
Original post by ryan.m

Wondering if you have heard anything re: a start date for Glasgow? I've just recently been informed on Friday that my checks has been completed
Reply 78
I've just had a call asking what my notice period is and was told that I will receive a formal offer once checks are complete (I've had the email to say they are!!)

I asked whether she could give me an approximate time scale but she was very vague and said she couldn't.

Things seem to be moving even if they are going painfully slowly.
Reply 79
Original post by Scott_taylor12
Wondering if you have heard anything re: a start date for Glasgow? I've just recently been informed on Friday that my checks has been completed

Exact same as post above me. Got a call earlier

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending