The Student Room Group

Chemical Engineering Applicants - 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Seems like not many offers for chem eng are being given out at the moment :frown:
Gotten offers from Newcastle and Nottingham yesterday. :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by Sammy9898
Gotten offers from Newcastle and Nottingham yesterday. :biggrin: :biggrin:

When did you apply? Well done btw!
Also got an offer from Nottingham
Original post by Willo99
I applied to:
Cambridge (Nat Sci)
Birmingham
Leeds
Sheffield
Newcastle (was Loughborough but changed last week)

Predicteds are A*A*A for maths, chem, phys respectively.
Got 4As last year but dropped French as I didn't need it for chem eng. Only got an offer off Birmingham so far.

Thoughts?

Congrats,
When did u apply?
Original post by Angeltiger59
Congrats,
When did u apply?

10th of October, changed lboro on the 17th
Original post by richpanda
When did you apply? Well done btw!

Just got an offer from Sheffield today also but they haven't updated my track yet. :biggrin:

Applied last week on Tuesday (I think) and thank you!! :smile:
I forgot how annoying the wait was last year... :laugh::laugh:
image.jpeg
I got an unconditional offer from Manchester today.:smile:
I'd like to help you if you have any questions!
Original post by T Jack Zhang
image.jpeg

Wow congrats! When did you send off your UCAS? I've applied to them but not heard anything back yet. :biggrin:
image.jpeg

Manchester have been giving out unconditional offers now?! They told us last year they'd be upping their requirements to A*AA...how interesting.

Congratulations anyway! You made a great choice :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
image.jpeg

YAAAY
(edited 7 years ago)
Wow congrats! When did you send off your UCAS? I've applied to them but not heard anything back yet. :biggrin:

:tongue:Thank you! I sent UCAS on 12th Sep with known A-level grades and IELTS. I hope you can got offer!
Original post by APersonYo
YAAAY

:wink:Thanks!
Original post by Bioluminescence1
Manchester have been giving out unconditional offers now?! They told us last year they'd be upping their requirements to A*AA...how interesting.

Congratulations anyway! You made a great choice :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:tongue:Thank you! I applied Uni of Manchester on 12th Sep. I have known A-level results so they gave me offer very quick. My A-level grade is A*AAA.
:tongue:Thank you! I sent UCAS on 12th Sep with known A-level grades and IELTS. I hope you can got offer!

Ahh, you definitely applied much earlier than me! I only applied last week so I'm sure I've still got quite a wait. It would be great to get an offer but I'm not too bothered if I don't since I don't particularly want to go there so much. :colone:

It would still be nice to get an offer either way. Where else have you applied to? :biggrin:
Ahh, you definitely applied much earlier than me! I only applied last week so I'm sure I've still got quite a wait. It would be great to get an offer but I'm not too bothered if I don't since I don't particularly want to go there so much. :colone:

It would still be nice to get an offer either way. Where else have you applied to? :biggrin:

I applied Manchester, Edinburgh(year 2 entry), UCL, Sheffield and Birmingham. Both Manchester and Birmingham gave me uncon. My favorite one is Manchester and I will choose Manchester as my firm choice.
Which uni is your favorite?:h:
I applied Manchester, Edinburgh(year 2 entry), UCL, Sheffield and Birmingham. Both Manchester and Birmingham gave me uncon. My favorite one is Manchester and I will choose Manchester as my firm choice.
Which uni is your favorite?:h:

Wow :smile:
I applied to Surrey, Nottingham, Sheffield, Newcastle annd ofc Manchester. I was also gonna apply for UCL but when I visited, I hated the accommodation and the whole atmosphere plus I wanna move out of London. *just my opinion but the course sounded good! * :colondollar:

I realllly love Sheffield. I loved basically everything about it so that'll most likely be my firm since I've got an offer from them already. :biggrin:
Wow :smile:
I applied to Surrey, Nottingham, Sheffield, Newcastle annd ofc Manchester. I was also gonna apply for UCL but when I visited, I hated the accommodation and the whole atmosphere plus I wanna move out of London. *just my opinion but the course sounded good! * :colondollar:

I realllly love Sheffield. I loved basically everything about it so that'll most likely be my firm since I've got an offer from them already. :biggrin:

Sheffield is definitely a great choice! Their engineering department built a new building. And I dislike London either. You know I am a current year 1 student at King's College London and studying Chemistry. I think Chemistry is not a good subject because it is too theoretical and includes very few maths and quantitative contents which means my postgraduate choices will be limited. And everything in London are insane expensive. My studio costs me 302 pounds per week and tube tickets costs me 10 pounds every day! So that is the reason why I decided to reapply at UCAS and chose studying Chemical Engineering.
(edited 7 years ago)
Sheffield is definitely a great choice! Their engineering department built a new building. And I dislike London either. You know I am a current year 1 student at King's College London and studying Chemistry. I think Chemistry is not a good subject because it is too theoretical and includes very few maths and quantitative contents which means my postgraduate choices will be limited. And everything in London are insane expensive. My studio costs me 302 pounds per week and tube tickets costs me 10 pounds every day! So that is the reason why I decided to reapply at UCAS and chose studying Chemical Engineering.

Yes, I heard about the new building as well. It looks amazing. :biggrin:
I've lived in London my whole life and I just don't like a lot of things about it. Maybe I'm too used to it. :smile: Sheffield seems a lot friendlier and happier than London aha. :smile: Yeah London is crazyyy expensive. I'll definitely not miss that when I go to uni. :colondollar: Wow 302 is a lot and spending £10 a day is just insane!! I can see why you dislike London and why Manchester is more appealing. My dad works in Manchester during the week and he says it's a great city. I just personally don't want to move from one busy city to another one. :tongue:

I was considering studying chemistry but I wasn't sure what I'd do with a chemistry degree :s-smilie: (not in a rude way I just was a bit confused what I wanted to do with my life at the time lol). But I have plenty of friends who've just started their chemistry degree so we'll just have to hope they enjoy it ahaa.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending