The Student Room Group

Applying for uni....

Do universities look at AS grades?
Some universities like QMUL said they will not look at AS grades this year because the systems have changed.

I regret not getting one of my AS papers remarked (I got one off an A) which could've made my AS grades AABB. and would've looked better if it was.

I didn't get it remarked because I was told that our AS grades do not count to anything. So I was wondering f that is true.

I got predicted an A for that subject I didn't get remarked.
Original post by Donkey_Donkey
Do universities look at AS grades?
Some universities like QMUL said they will not look at AS grades this year because the systems have changed.

I regret not getting one of my AS papers remarked (I got one off an A) which could've made my AS grades AABB. and would've looked better if it was.

I didn't get it remarked because I was told that our AS grades do not count to anything. So I was wondering f that is true.

I got predicted an A for that subject I didn't get remarked.

Some do, some don't

Even those that do aren't likely to care much whether you got AABB or ABBB.
Original post by PQ
Some do, some don't

Even those that do aren't likely to care much whether you got AABB or ABBB.

Yh I understand that and I know they probably won't care so I don't know why I'm so worried :afraid:
So... should I put it in :confused:
Original post by Donkey_Donkey
Yh I understand that and I know they probably won't care so I don't know why I'm so worried :afraid:
So... should I put it in :confused:

If you omit qualifications from your application then it is fraudulent.

Put your AS results in your application.
Original post by PQ
If you omit qualifications from your application then it is fraudulent.

Put your AS results in your application.

Oh. I didn't know that.
My teachers at school says that it's up to us to decide whether to put in it or not because some universities don't care and some schools didn't do external AS exams.
I was really worried so my friends just told me not to put it in since we don't have to (but you can) put it in and the universities will request or somehow look at it if they want to know.

Thanks for telling me.:smile::afraid::smile:
Reply 5
I would've thought that even if the AS results no longer count, it's a very good indication of your current academic ability.

Quick Reply

Latest