The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Any insight into FT Rothschild First Round? Is the SHL test the same as the online one or harder? Can exchange for other banks...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by savonarollla
anybody got insights on MS IBD AC's ? should i check last year's thread ?

How long did it take you to hear back after second round or have you not heard yet?
(edited 7 years ago)
Citi corporate banking interview! Does anyone have any info on first round interviews?
(edited 7 years ago)
Can anyone provide some advice regarding BAML AC? Can exchange for UBS (Up to AC), Citi (First Round) and Nomura (First Round).
Anyone got a decent list of asset managers taking summer interns? I've done the standard ones like Aberdeen, Schroders, M&G, Fidelity and the big bank arms
Is prime brokerage at MS good? because that's the area their S&T placement is in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4546
Original post by olly_price
Anyone got a decent list of asset managers taking summer interns? I've done the standard ones like Aberdeen, Schroders, M&G, Fidelity and the big bank arms

Check Allianz global investors, they might do one

Posted from TSR Mobile
has anyone heard back from gs/ms/jp for IBD? ive applied about a month ago, and just wanted to get a better grasp of the current interviewing situation
Original post by gsbs2
MS second round next week, and some people have already mentioned the AC so I guess that's happening as well.

Not heard much about GS/JP IBD at all. Only know that Goldman is only starting now and are going quite slow.

How long did it take to hear back after the MS telephone interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's going on with BAML IBD?
Just got invited to a Citi markets 1st round interview on Tuesday, anyone with advice? Can share RBC and Nomura
Original post by spyrogyra
Is prime brokerage at MS good? because that's the area their S&T placement is in

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah its one of their gold rated depts
Original post by gsbs2
had it on Thursday, Friday I was asked where I was located, Tuesday the analyst called me to give feedback and told me I was through, and afterwards HR called

whats ur next round? 2x face to face interviews?? or AC?
Original post by jchap9776
yeah its one of their gold rated depts

Was just curious, it's not really talked about much.
What are career opportunities like?
And is pay similar to S&T?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ofc not, most people here want to be in S&T as traders/salespeople to institutional investors/structuters/quants/strats or in IBD as bankers.

Prime brokerage is niche, your role is to be the right hand man for hedge funds - not something particularly popular but does offer good networking opportunities and somewhat favourable working conditions. If you love the idea of helping hedge funds with their cash flow issues, lending them money to leverage, helping them find real estate for new offices etc then gr8 go for it. Otherwise, don't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone heard from BAML off-cycle?
Original post by uiopü
anyone heard from BAML off-cycle?

Yes, had an "informal call" ages ago with an IBD Analyst and then was transferred to FT. Never heard anything since...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gsbs2
3 x30mins in their office

oh nice, jealous but congrats

Posted from TSR Mobile

what pieboy said, but yeah its very niche - i personally think it would be a cool one to do a rotation on during the summer internship just to see if u like it - v. client centric
Original post by gsbs2
have you heard back?

Nah still waiting, interviewed on tuesday
Has anyone had either a final round interview with Deutsche Bank or a first round video interview Temasek for their asset management internships? If so, what were you asked? What was the format of the interview? How technically heavy were they?

I'd be happy to share my experiences with Man Group, M&G, UBS (IBD) or Macquarie (Asset Management) in return.

Cheers!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending