The Student Room Group

jamestg's journey to Durham

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chittesh14
Lol. Banter.

Lol dude you got email notification whenever this is updated? truss
Original post by citibankrec
Lol dude you got email notification whenever this is updated? truss

Fam I have like 4000 unread emails just from TSR lmao. I somehow learnt how to stop the emails a few weeks ago lol. Go on your username bar > customise my TSR > edit my email settings.

Scroll down --->
Watched threads email alerts --> no email alerts. :wink:
Reply 142
Hey James! I am also doing Early History with the Witch-craze coursework, have you chosen your title yet?
Reply 143
Original post by jamestg
Hey! Cool :biggrin:

I'm doing...

"What is your view about whether the surge in witch hunting in early modern England and Europe was driven by the elite or those at the bottom of society?"

however I may rephrase it to something more fancy like...

"What is your view about whether the surge in witch hunting in early modern England and Europe was a method of societal control by the elites or whether it was the result of the fears and anxieties with communities?"

Yeah I was going to do something similar but no where near as well titled as that, do you mind if I use that top one? :biggrin:
Reply 144
Original post by rjbull
Yeah I was going to do something similar but no where near as well titled as that, do you mind if I use that top one? :biggrin:

Sure thing! And I think that it is going to be a popular title because there's so much on it!
Reply 145
TODAY!

- revise C3, focus on trig
- complete a C3 past paper
- do a few TSA questions

if I have time:
- continue history powerpoint
- continue politics powerpoint
Reply 146
Got 67/75 on a C3 paper, which I was pretty chuffed with considering I haven't done too much C3 work recently...

Until I converted it to UMS and it's a hugely underwhelming 80UMS. Jesus christ!

Will make corrections tomorrow afternoon, as I'm off to watch QT!
Original post by jamestg
Got 67/75 on a C3 paper, which I was pretty chuffed with considering I haven't done too much C3 work recently...

Until I converted it to UMS and it's a hugely underwhelming 80UMS. Jesus christ!

Will make corrections tomorrow afternoon, as I'm off to watch QT!

Lol woah is that it 80 UMS lmao?
Anyway, that's actually a really good score for now. You can't expect to get 90 UMS right now, give it a bit of time but it has to happen soon - closer to the exam you forget stuff lol. Good luck :biggrin:. I'm nearly on Chapter 5 of C3!
Reply 148
Original post by Chittesh14
Lol woah is that it 80 UMS lmao?
Anyway, that's actually a really good score for now. You can't expect to get 90 UMS right now, give it a bit of time but it has to happen soon - closer to the exam you forget stuff lol. Good luck :biggrin:. I'm nearly on Chapter 5 of C3!

I guess it will take time to perfect, and really I'm doing better than when I started C1 so that must be a good sign...

Congrats on getting as far as chapter 5! That's amazing :biggrin: How are you finding it?
Reply 149
Original post by jamestg
I guess it will take time to perfect, and really I'm doing better than when I started C1 so that must be a good sign...

Congrats on getting as far as chapter 5! That's amazing :biggrin: How are you finding it?

Hi again, maths this time! How do you go about revising maths in the best way, I know to do past papers but my teacher is just terrible and im struggling being taught a topic in the first place, is there a way to self teach? How should I go about studying topics in M1, C3 and C4 if my teacher is terrible...!
Reply 150
Original post by rjbull
Hi again, maths this time! How do you go about revising maths in the best way, I know to do past papers but my teacher is just terrible and im struggling being taught a topic in the first place, is there a way to self teach? How should I go about studying topics in M1, C3 and C4 if my teacher is terrible...!

Have you come across exams solutions? It's amazing to self teach from!
Original post by jamestg

Yeah, just try your best tbh lol. You're pacing it anyway lol, slow down a bit and go through it more than once. I'm finding it good to be honest, easy lol so far maybe some exponential got a bit dodgy (I hate curves) lol. It's all nonsense until trig comes I guess...
I really want the hard stuff to come, I can't wait. I'll finish the book and I'll finish more books, I'll just finish Maths lol...
Reply 152
Original post by jamestg
Have you come across exams solutions? It's amazing to self teach from!

Oh yeah! I forgot about that website, im going to use that, thank you! :smile:
Reply 153
TODAY!

I've already done a few bits but here's the main list of tasks!

- complete stats revision
- complete politics campaign finance homework
- type up quotations for coursework
- entrance exam prep

I'm going to pace it over the half term so I get the rest/work/life balance right!
Reply 154
Got 84 UMS on another C3 paper. Hmmm... an improvement nonetheless on last week but if I remembered y=f(|x|) graph and realised that sin2x=cos2x can be turned into tan2x=1 - I would have been fine and have got 94 UMS :frown:

I understand I can't expect to ace it just yet, but there's nothing worse than getting lower than expected and I have a C3 mock on Thursday and my teacher is expecting no less than 90% - despite the fact I've got the Cambridge admissions assessment on Wednesday.
Reply 155
I can also successfully report that I have achieved 4/5 goals for November! Hooray for progress :biggrin:
Reply 156
I can safely say I have been rejected pre-interview from Cambridge :redface:
Original post by jamestg

Ah, don't worry. You've still got other unis that are all good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 158
Original post by jamestg

You don't think your admissions exam went well? I simply don't have a clue with my Oxford one 😬😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jamestg

Have they rejected you because of your score on the admissions test or have they made the decision independent of that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending