The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy NFL Thread 2016/17

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by Monkey_Pete
I was watching your bench with interest last night during the games. I think you make the right starting decisions on the information that was out there before the game.

The only benched player i would have started over those on your line up is Ware instead of Yeldon, but that is only because i personally gave up on Yeldon and dropped him a few weeks ago (after he helped contribute to my only loss i think), but still consider Ware to be a viable starter even with Charles back. But i probably would have swapped back when i saw the weather forecast for the Raiders/Chiefs game

Wentz Gordon and Green were all starters for me in my secondary league

EDIT: PS: Does anyone have a decent starting QB they want to trade/gift me in light of Big Ben's injury

Yeah I was thinking that Charles' role would keep growing and Ware did nothing last week so it was a bit of a debate, I don't think I made bad starts. Beasley has been a solid 7 points guy making him a flex on an iffy week, Ryan exceeded all expectations and imo got bs'd out of a chance at a win by a terrible no call PI on the Falcons last play. I've nearly dropped Duke Johnson twice so I wasn't expecting much from him either, big surprises all over my bench.
Looking back at the players i drafted is very interesting now we are into the season. I have dropped half the players i drafted.

The official review of my draft noted "According to ADP, it was a bit of a reach selecting Marvin Jones int he 9th round (81st overall pick versus an ADP of 122.6 across all nfl.com leagues)" not a bad pickup for the number 3 ranked WR so far :smile:

My other steals seem to be Blount in round 13 and Murray in round 5

Picks currently below expectations are Charles at 20 and Mathews at 40.

I have dropped my 6, 7 , 8, 10, 12, 14 and 15 round picks

What are other people's thought on their drafts retrospectively?
1st 2 picks hugely disappointing, anyone interested in trading for dez?
I didn't trust Nelson enough to start the season and went 4-0 without him and with him starting I am 0-2
So far my only smart choice was the Vikings defence which have been outstanding but I knew they would be a top defence.
Bloody hell, almost had a 50pt lead eclipsed closed last night by a RB and a D
Original post by joecphillips
1st 2 picks hugely disappointing, anyone interested in trading for dez?
I didn't trust Nelson enough to start the season and went 4-0 without him and with him starting I am 0-2
So far my only smart choice was the Vikings defence which have been outstanding but I knew they would be a top defence.

As a cowboys fan i would be interested in Dez, but probably not at a value that you would be happy with, because of his uncertain return from injury, lack of Dak targeting him and bye week this week. There is no area where your team looks like it needs an upgrade.

I would be happy to trade you Ryan Matthews,Tyrell Williams and/or John Brown for Dez
Reply 305
I still have a lot of my players, my QBs got dropped for being ineffective in periods but mostly it has been injuries leading to waiver wire pickups. But then I loved my draft so that's not really too surprising.
The one week I actually score some points my opponent is the only other one in the league who also scores points lol
How active is Knockin on Evans Door on here?

If active, your Shady appears to be injured, i have plenty of reasonable RB which i am willing to trade :smile:
Reply 308

If active, your Shady appears to be injured, i have plenty of reasonable RB which i am willing to trade :smile:

I think that's @A Mysterious Lord . He's somewhere between Devin Hester and Darren Sproles for elusiveness so he might not see this in a timely fashion. I've tagged him in for you.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Wattsy
I think that's @A Mysterious Lord . He's somewhere between Devin Hester and Darren Sproles for elusiveness so he might not see this in a timely fashion. I've tagged him in for you.

Thanks

I picked up Gillislee yesterday when the news of Shady's injury first broke, as i am playing him this week and his he is seemingly reduced to starting Foster against me. Seeing as i now have 7 RB ranked in the top 30 by Fantasy pros, i was going to offer him two reasonable starting RB for Lev Bell to diversify his position

Original post by Wattsy

Oh I'm here, I do lurk :smile:

That would depend entirely on who you'd want from me, this team is mostly a car crash so I'm keeping hold of A-Rod, Shady and Bell.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord

That would depend entirely on who you'd want from me, this team is mostly a car crash so I'm keeping hold of A-Rod, Shady and Bell.

We seemingly posted at the same time, see my other message above.

Edit: Basically i was thinking of offering you any two RB on my team of your choice (other than Murray and Charles) for Bell, as on average it would be an upgrade against starting foster
(edited 7 years ago)

I have sent you a new offer within the game which i think will be beneficial for both of us, and allows you to keep all your studs and gain an starting RB
I have sent you a new offer within the game which i think will be beneficial for both of us, and allows you to keep all your studs and gain an starting RB

@ A Mysterious Lord

When you are considering my offer you might want to consider this article about Ajayi being the starter, showing Foster has little value: http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/218725/fantasy-fallout-dont-fear-antonio-browns-history-without-big-ben

I will cancel the trade offer tomorrow on my way to the stadium if it is still there
Very poor season for me so far. Some how made a game of last weeks match ups. Need a big second half to the early games today.
Reply 315
My fantasy season is the only thing preventing this NFL season from being soul destroyingly horrendous. Although Clinton-Dix Trump is making a game of this week despite the record.
@ A Mysterious Lord

When you are considering my offer you might want to consider this article about Ajayi being the starter, showing Foster has little value: http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/218725/fantasy-fallout-dont-fear-antonio-browns-history-without-big-ben

I will cancel the trade offer tomorrow on my way to the stadium if it is still there

Bugger, that would have been decent, given how badly I've ended up doing.

I was also at the game :smile:
Reply 317
Well my team got a fire under its arse this week. 150 points is possible with Miller to play. Melvin Gordon just has a nose for the end zone apparently. Nobody knows where it has come from.
Bugger, that would have been decent, given how badly I've ended up doing.

I was also at the game :smile:

Well you can now pick up Gill up from the waivers :smile: Seems l made the right choice dropping him though based on his stats compared to other RB on my bench.

I am now hoping that Thomas does not have a monster 35+ point game
Reply 319
I've now voted against the trade because apparently CJ Anderson is done for the season (@RapSheet.) Even if that's not accurate the uncertainty tilts the trade equity too firmly in the favour of the person trading CJ away.

Quick Reply

Latest