The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

someone else I know found out too and did it on 2nd! Not looking good for us :frown: but congrats to everyone who got through!! Amazing stuff
Reply 441
Just done the e-tray exercise, pretty hard as there's lots to read and some of the questions are really tough to call. Only finished 22/24 answers.
Can someone please clear up if you get an email if you've failed?
Reply 443
Original post by Neurola
Can someone please clear up if you get an email if you've failed?

You will get an email either way
Reply 444
Original post by Quaey
Just done the e-tray exercise, pretty hard as there's lots to read and some of the questions are really tough to call. Only finished 22/24 answers.

What are the questions based on
Original post by Neurola
Congratulations! I did mine on the 2nd too but haven't had an email so maybe didn't get through. Did it go to junk or clutter or main inbox?

Thank you! It went to my main inbox.
Just found out I'm through at 11:30pm so seems like it comes out of work hours too!!
Through to the etray too. Got my email at 1.28am - I sat the tests on 30 September.
Completed my tests on the 4th October & received an email this morning at 1:30am to say I'm through :smile:

....business hours dont seem to apply lol
Won't be through then. Sat my tests on 3 October. Not overly surprised but disappointed.
Oh and I did the situational judgement tests on Tuesday and was through to the e-tray an hour later? Doesn't look like they have much of a system to be honest
Original post by hodgey111
Won't be through then. Sat my tests on 3 October. Not overly surprised but disappointed.

I still haven't heard either... But doesn't even sound like they have system anymore if they are sending replies out at 1.30am. Also some people who did them in September found out before those in October so maybe its just random now. Who knows! But I'm not hopeful at all
Just really annoying that they are doing this. Would have been friendly to send out the rejection e-mails alongside the acceptance e-mails... now we have people assuming that they aren't through.

I reckon it;s being done by the choices you picked, but am probably wrong. I did mine on Tuesday this week. No reply. I went for Diplomatic, Generalist and Houses of Parliament, in that order.
Original post by Jippy301
Completed my tests on the 4th October & received an email this morning at 1:30am to say I'm through :smile:

....business hours dont seem to apply lol

Still yet to see a single person to fail...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have finally heard and I did mine on 29th September and I have passed. No one has said they've received a rejection email yet. I agree the only thing I can think of is they are doing it by people's placement choices
Original post by DannyM25
Do you need to specify predicted grades etc before taking the tests and e-tray? Was gonna prepare a cv etc before starting the process but if all I have to do is tick a few boxes I think I'll start in a couple of days.

Hi, I haven't done the initial online tests either, do you think there is an advantage to getting them done sooner rather than later?
Original post by KJSwale
I have finally heard and I did mine on 29th September and I have passed. No one has said they've received a rejection email yet. I agree the only thing I can think of is they are doing it by people's placement choices

When did you get the e-mail? well done!! :smile:
Original post by toblerone325
Just really annoying that they are doing this. Would have been friendly to send out the rejection e-mails alongside the acceptance e-mails... now we have people assuming that they aren't through.

I reckon it;s being done by the choices you picked, but am probably wrong. I did mine on Tuesday this week. No reply. I went for Diplomatic, Generalist and Houses of Parliament, in that order.

It's likely they have set the pass mark initially quite high, once more people have done the tests they may well lower the pass mark and put more people through. Just because you haven't heard does not necessarily mean you have failed. Certainly this was the case in previous years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by scar123
When did you get the e-mail? well done!! :smile:

It arrived at 4am this morning!
Got an email at 7:30 to say I'd got through to the e-tray, did SJT on 30/9.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending