The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by newtotown
I hadn't heard anything since the provisional offer (I applied for Birmingham), so contacted Manpower yesterday. They explained that there had been an issue with the verification of documents by HMRC (though I can't confirm this is the case) so were in the process of arranging dates and venues for these to be re-checking any documents that were not correctly validated/are out of date and once they have these dates and venues will be communicating this to people. I was advised that this would be by the end of this week and to contact them again next Monday if I hadn't heard anything. They seemed sympathetic to the ongoing situation and said they were dealing with upwards of 3000 applications (for various positions within HMRC I assume) as quickly as they could but had been hampered by this validation issue. Will be checking my inbox this week and I guess I will have to wait and see.

Thanks for sharing this. Seems like they are under pressure but I'll not be surprised if I don't hear anything from them this week.

What number did you use to get through to Manpower? I might need it myself :smile:
I hadn't heard anything since the provisional offer (I applied for Birmingham), so contacted Manpower yesterday. They explained that there had been an issue with the verification of documents by HMRC (though I can't confirm this is the case) so were in the process of arranging dates and venues for these to be re-checking any documents that were not correctly validated/are out of date and once they have these dates and venues will be communicating this to people. I was advised that this would be by the end of this week and to contact them again next Monday if I hadn't heard anything. They seemed sympathetic to the ongoing situation and said they were dealing with upwards of 3000 applications (for various positions within HMRC I assume) as quickly as they could but had been hampered by this validation issue. Will be checking my inbox this week and I guess I will have to wait and see.

Ooh, yeah, can you post the Manpower number please? If we start calling it may push things along somewhat (wishful thinking)
Original post by HammerThyme
Thanks for sharing this. Seems like they are under pressure but I'll not be surprised if I don't hear anything from them this week.

What number did you use to get through to Manpower? I might need it myself :smile:

I don't know whether it will be beneficial to give he number out to everyone to call them as it will take them away from doing their background checks, but if you want the number pm me and I will give it you (or just google it like I did) :smile:.
has anybody else received an email stating the results for the 042R campaign have been postponed until w/c 1/11/16?
Original post by N-Dulge
has anybody else received an email stating the results for the 042R campaign have been postponed until w/c 1/11/16?

No I have not received that email. I was expecting results on 21/10/16 as per the previous email
I don't know whether it will be beneficial to give he number out to everyone to call them as it will take them away from doing their background checks, but if you want the number pm me and I will give it you (or just google it like I did) :smile:.

Personally, I'd say that it would be very beneficial to the users of this forum... That's kinda the point is it not, to share info? Not everyone will call but let them decide, however if Manpower did get a few calls about this campaign they might communicate the current situation better to everyone waiting in limbo, or (best-case) they might even prioritise this campaign.
DBS checks completed!!!
Reply 2027
Original post by DeltaGuy
DBS checks completed!!!

Well done. Let's hope we get start days soon
Original post by DeltaGuy
DBS checks completed!!!

Good stuff!

In Belfast do you still get a DBS check or is it a different process?
Reply 2029
Original post by HammerThyme
Good stuff!

In Belfast do you still get a DBS check or is it a different process?

For 1320 it's still DBS for Belfast.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've just had a call asking me to take my passport & a utility bill in to Nottingham HMRC again as they weren't photocopied properly. I mean seriously. It's not a tough job is it! I've now got to waste my leave again going over there. Not pleased!! BUT it's some sort of progress, in a fashion.
Original post by simplymekaty
I've just had a call asking me to take my passport & a utility bill in to Nottingham HMRC again as they weren't photocopied properly. I mean seriously. It's not a tough job is it! I've now got to waste my leave again going over there. Not pleased!! BUT it's some sort of progress, in a fashion.

Have u not had ur dbs done ?
I agree, HammerThyme.

Just checked the status for my DBS checks. It's all complete and in the process of printing certificate. This has only taken 48hours so far, so pretty good :smile:

Things seem to be progressing now so hopefully we will all complete checks within the next few weeks and wait for those formal offers and start dates.

Feeling optimistic today!
Original post by memoryfish
Have u not had ur dbs done ?
No, apparently they can't request a new DBS (although I already have one) without this information and whoever copied them, missed off the numbers at the bottom of my passport and the bill I supplied wasn't acceptable (it was 2 days out of 3 months so was "too old" to be relevant - crazy). Another month before my checks will be complete then!
Original post by 11222333abc
I agree, HammerThyme.

Just checked the status for my DBS checks. It's all complete and in the process of printing certificate. This has only taken 48hours so far, so pretty good :smile:

Things seem to be progressing now so hopefully we will all complete checks within the next few weeks and wait for those formal offers and start dates.

Feeling optimistic today!

How have you checked the status of your DBS check? It may have been different for me as internal but I never got a DBS reference which I seem to need in order to check.
Yeah it's the same process for Belfast!
No, apparently they can't request a new DBS (although I already have one) without this information and whoever copied them, missed off the numbers at the bottom of my passport and the bill I supplied wasn't acceptable (it was 2 days out of 3 months so was "too old" to be relevant - crazy). Another month before my checks will be complete then!

What was the number that called u? I had a missed call from 01895 832357 But I can't call
Original post by memoryfish
What was the number that called u? I had a missed call from 01895 832357 But I can't call
It was Anna on 01895 204582 so I suspect that's them and you're in the same boat with documentation. I can't help thinking for there to be so many document issues, stuff has been mislaid...
It was Anna on 01895 204582 so I suspect that's them and you're in the same boat with documentation. I can't help thinking for there to be so many document issues, stuff has been mislaid...

All my checks seem to have been done though :s-smilie:
Original post by Vereor
How have you checked the status of your DBS check? It may have been different for me as internal but I never got a DBS reference which I seem to need in order to check.

Once I completed the DBS application online, they sent me an email to confirm they'd received it. In the email they gave me a reference number and link to click to track the status.

Latest

Trending

Trending