The Student Room Group

UCAS Track - Urgent Help???

Hi

So I sent my ucas application yesterday, and it's been processed, so I was on Track, when I realized that for two of my choices, I put the same university twice, both with the same course and same year of entry, I couldn't change both those choices, since I had previously changed it.
Realizing my mistake, I withdrew one of my repeated choices, so now I still have four universities.
My question is whether the fact that I withdrew one of my repeated choices will it impact my other choice. Since it's the same university, so same course. Will the fact that I withdrew one of my repeated choices, so now I have four choices which are all different. Since I withdrew one of the repeated choices, will the university not accept me because I don't want to withdrew both of the repeated choices, and I want to still go to that university.
Reply 1
Original post by SabithaK
Hi

So I sent my ucas application yesterday, and it's been processed, so I was on Track, when I realized that for two of my choices, I put the same university twice, both with the same course and same year of entry, I couldn't change both those choices, since I had previously changed it.
Realizing my mistake, I withdrew one of my repeated choices, so now I still have four universities.
My question is whether the fact that I withdrew one of my repeated choices will it impact my other choice. Since it's the same university, so same course. Will the fact that I withdrew one of my repeated choices, so now I have four choices which are all different. Since I withdrew one of the repeated choices, will the university not accept me because I don't want to withdrew both of the repeated choices, and I want to still go to that university.

It won't affect your remaining choices.

But did you try contacting UCAS to see if you could replace the duplicated choice with something else? If not, do so:
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/track-your-application/making-changes-your-ucas-undergraduate
Reply 2
I already deleted the duplicate choice, because of me deleting the deleted choice, then will it impact my chance of going to that university because I deleted one of the duplicate choice, since I really want to go to that university.

Since I deleted the duplicated choice, then will that university not accept me, because I don't want them to think I don't want to go to that university. I only withdraw that choice/ deleted that choice because it was a duplicate.
Reply 3
I already deleted the duplicate choice, because of me deleting the deleted choice, then will it impact my chance of going to that university because I deleted one of the duplicate choice, since I really want to go to that university.

Since I deleted the duplicated choice, then will that university not accept me, because I don't want them to think I don't want to go to that university. I only withdraw that choice/ deleted that choice because it was a duplicate.

As I said, it doesn't affect any of the remaining choices.

And specifically it doesn't affect the remaining choice at the same university. They could see it was a duplicate, and that you still want them as a choice. (They don't know anything about your other choices at other universities)
Reply 4
Original post by jneill

And specifically it doesn't affect the remaining choice at the same university. They could see it was a duplicate, and that you still want them as a choice. (They don't know anything about your other choices at other universities)

Okay I hope so. I know that it won't affect the remaining choice, but I hope they could see it was a duplicate and I hope that it won't affect that remaining choice at the same university and course.
Okay I hope so. I know that it won't affect the remaining choice, but I hope they could see it was a duplicate and I hope that it won't affect that remaining choice at the same university and course.

All UCAS applications come through with Choice Number attached - withdrawing from one choice wont affect the others.

UCAS shouldn't have allowed you to use 2 of your choices for the exact same course/university. If you ring them they're likely to agree to substitute in a new choice elsewhere for your fifth choice.
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
All UCAS applications come through with Choice Number attached - withdrawing from one choice wont affect the others.

UCAS shouldn't have allowed you to use 2 of your choices for the exact same course/university. If you ring them they're likely to agree to substitute in a new choice elsewhere for your fifth choice.

However, since I deleted the duplicate 5th choice by withdrawing it. I only have 4 choices now, do you think if I rang ucas, or if it would be possible for me to get a new choice.
However, since I deleted the duplicate 5th choice by withdrawing it. I only have 4 choices now, do you think if I rang ucas, or if it would be possible for me to get a new choice.

That's what I said.
Reply 8

Original post by PQ
That's what I said.

And what I also advised you to do in my first reply to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
It wont affect your other choices
Reply 10
I have sorted it all out, and I rang them and now everything is perfect.
Original post by Doones

Patience of a saint?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending