The Student Room Group

AS French resits in 2017

Is there anyone out there resitting AS French in 2017??? Need some tips on how to revise on my own. HELP😖

Scroll to see replies

I am. I was really confident for the exam and ended up getting a C so was quite suprised by that. How did you do?

Last year I revised through mind maps of sentences related to topics and a few past papers, but obviously that didn't work for me so I'm not sure how to go about it this year
Original post by olivialeicester
I am. I was really confident for the exam and ended up getting a C so was quite suprised by that. How did you do?

Last year I revised through mind maps of sentences related to topics and a few past papers, but obviously that didn't work for me so I'm not sure how to go about it this year

I was confident when I was revising and I was adament I'd covered everything. Overall I got a D but the coursework saved me. I'm just not sure how to get better bc I went through past papers and everything last year!
Reply 3
Well I do French and for my O level I got an A just by revising verbs xD.And If you are from UK, your paper is definitely easier than mine ( I'm from Mauritius ).
I still do French as my AS subject(though i fked up in exams a bit ..stressed)
Some Tips though:
-Read French Magazines or French news online and keep the vocabulary words in a small copybook
-Excel in your verbs
-For essay, prepare for the 5 topics you have already and keep reviewing them. Add important references like UN ...UNESCO etc..

Btw can i know your essay themes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sophiethompson99
I was confident when I was revising and I was adament I'd covered everything. Overall I got a D but the coursework saved me. I'm just not sure how to get better bc I went through past papers and everything last year!

I didnt have coursework just an oral exam for 30 mins and a written exam for 2 hours, which exam board are you on?
Reply 5
Hey! Did you do the Delf Examination?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by olivialeicester
I didnt have coursework just an oral exam for 30 mins and a written exam for 2 hours, which exam board are you on?

AQA! The oral is what I mean for the coursework part! I got a B in that!
AQA! The oral is what I mean for the coursework part! I got a B in that!

Would be honoured to be able to help you guys! I did AQA and have some resources on quizlet I'd be willing to share.
Tag me and stuff.
PM me if you are interested and I'll give you my Quizlet username and you can use the French vocab/speaking/essay phrases on there to your heart's content
:france: Good luck and I wish you all the best!
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Would be honoured to be able to help you guys! I did AQA and have some resources on quizlet I'd be willing to share.
Tag me and stuff.
PM me if you are interested and I'll give you my Quizlet username and you can use the French vocab/speaking/essay phrases on there to your heart's content
:france: Good luck and I wish you all the best!

Thatd be brilliant!
Reply 9
Never heard of AQA. I did Delf B2 as an external exams and got 64/100 in it( quite satisfied because i was extremely ill during those exams) and the certificate I'll acquire will be useful to me if i want to immigrate to a french speaking country or want to get a job.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Hiya :smile: I'm resitting this paper as well I've just been making mind maps on all the topics and practicing essays. Theres so much vocab to learn though ugh and I struggle with the grammar section in the paper :frown:
That's what I've been doing to!! And I'm exactly the same!! I keep getting like 4/10😬
Reply 12
Any one got any ideas for what the essay questions will be?? :smile: Last paper of this spec so hopefully it'll be not too challenging! How's everyone's revision going and is any one bothering to learn vocab for AS again?
Is there anyone out there resitting AS French in 2017??? Need some tips on how to revise on my own. HELP😖

I'm resitting! I got a B but my teacher is re-entering me. I am a bit stressed as there's so much content!
If you revise AS grammar then that will be useful for A2 as they only add a few extra bits. Maybe choose a few topics to revise for the essay and do a couple of practices. Apparently revising AS topic vocab is useful for A2 so essentially you're revising for both at the same time. I need a few tips myself though...
Hi! I do Edexcel French and am re-sitting but I do AQA Spanish too and I'd recommend going on Amazon and getting the AS grammar books that are done by AQA they're really good. Vocab vocab vocab can't stress that enough tbh, and just practice the listenings, watch the news. Just do the papers over and over!
Reply 15
Has anyone got any predictions for the essay question?
Original post by L1lly
Has anyone got any predictions for the essay question?

I think cinema and tv hasn't come up in three years
So it looks like cinema and TV is a common topic that could come up this year but apart from 'is it better to watch a film at the cinema or at home' and 'what are the pros and cons of the cinema' what else could they ask?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Esthercrouch9741
So it looks like cinema and TV is a common topic that could come up this year but apart from 'is it better to watch a film at the cinema or at home' and 'what are the pros and cons of the cinema' what else could they ask?

Posted from TSR Mobile

for the TV one it could be something to do with the young like "in your opinion, how can watching the TV too much affect children" maybe something like that? I'm just thinking because they give like statistics aswell don't they
for the TV one it could be something to do with the young like "in your opinion, how can watching the TV too much affect children" maybe something like that? I'm just thinking because they give like statistics aswell don't they

Truee I really hope there's a nice one on cinema like pros and cons. Also how many words does the essay have to be? Is it over 250?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending