The Student Room Group

Media psychology

Hi, can anyone think of a piece of research that supports the idea that the Media has caused cultures to become similar? Or any research to suggest the opposite?

I am writing an essay about how media has caused the world to become a "global village" but I need some media psychology studies to illustrate my point.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Are you at uni? Just search something like scopus for those phrases. If not, google scholar.

Being able to find your own research material is an important thing to learn at any level, especially at degree. We're not going to do the work for you, in the end it really wouldn't help you out overall.
Original post by Noodlzzz
Are you at uni? Just search something like scopus for those phrases. If not, google scholar.

Being able to find your own research material is an important thing to learn at any level, especially at degree. We're not going to do the work for you, in the end it really wouldn't help you out overall.

I've studied media psychology before, I'm not asking anyone to do the work for me. I have only ever used one exam board though and I know that the research studies differ from spec to spec, I was just wondering if someone else may know of a different study that I could look into. If I wanted someone to answer the essay for me don't you think I would have just pasted the question here? (Like I have seen done so many times before on this site)
Original post by VictoriaS_xoxo
I've studied media psychology before, I'm not asking anyone to do the work for me. I have only ever used one exam board though and I know that the research studies differ from spec to spec, I was just wondering if someone else may know of a different study that I could look into. If I wanted someone to answer the essay for me don't you think I would have just pasted the question here? (Like I have seen done so many times before on this site)

I meant do the work for you in reference to finding the studies not the essay.

What I was trying to say is you'll learn more looking for your own studies than asking others to do so.

It's not hard to use google scholar with the phrases you need.
Original post by Noodlzzz
I meant do the work for you in reference to finding the studies not the essay.

What I was trying to say is you'll learn more looking for your own studies than asking others to do so.

It's not hard to use google scholar with the phrases you need.

It isn't necessary for me to find these studies I just thought it might help better illustrate my point. I have used Google Scholar and GoogleBooks to do the majority of my research so yes I know how simple it is. I am not asking anyone to go out of their way to research for me, but if there is someone currently studying media psychology who can think of a study that may be relevant there is nothing wrong with sharing the name for me to then look into.

I was never going to rely on the responses to this post for finding me research to use.
Original post by VictoriaS_xoxo
It isn't necessary for me to find these studies I just thought it might help better illustrate my point. I have used Google Scholar and GoogleBooks to do the majority of my research so yes I know how simple it is. I am not asking anyone to go out of their way to research for me, but if there is someone currently studying media psychology who can think of a study that may be relevant there is nothing wrong with sharing the name for me to then look into.

I was never going to rely on the responses to this post for finding me research to use.

http://psycnet.apa.org/psycinfo/2002-18352-003
http://mcs.sagepub.com/content/early/2015/02/13/0163443714566903
http://www2.kokugakuin.ac.jp/ijcc/wp/global/06inoue2.html
http://www.irma-international.org/viewtitle/42819/

Here's some things to get you started. I used scopus, similar to google scholar but for university institutions. If you need help finding the full papers let me know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending