The Student Room Group

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lumosbludger183
I'm not sure if they do! I've never seen it explicitly stated that they prefer 1.1 over 2.1, I just figured it's probably worth more since it's a higher degree classification. I don't know though, they can just as easily see the minimum degree classification is met and then move on to look at UKCAT...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think they do :smile: when I rang the admissions team they said you can apply as long as you have a 2:1 or above . They kind of checklist it .. So 2:1 tick... Ukcat score about xxxx tick .
Original post by YouHaveProblems
hahahahahahaha everyone always ignores when i call it them. We applied to two of the same unis :five:

Yayyyyy
Has anyone heard anything from any unis? I know it's still very early, but some people have started getting their backup offers such as biomedicine!
Anyone had any confirmation of application yet?

Thank you for your application to King's College London. We can confirm that your application has been safely received and is now being carefully considered by our Admissions staff.

King’s has its own online admissions system called myApplication which will enable you to track the progress of your application, and communicate with us.

Mine came like this

I have??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? From kings? How long did it take to come?
what do you mean by confirmation?
do you mean acknowledgement

i haven't.....
Not at Kings, but don't worry if you haven't received any acknowledgement yet. They mean nothing.
Original post by Lostperson
i haven't.....

I haven't either but UCL have also sent half of their applicants confirmation and the other half nothing at the moment too so we shouldn't worry.
Hello everyone! i saw many people giving out great advice!
could someone pls help me as well...
i have already applied to Kings but i am worried my UKCAT stats are not good... but anyways these are my overall stats

GCSE: 8 A*s and 2 A's (english language and french) achieved full UMS in some
AS: AAAA (bio, phy, chem, maths) predicted A (AS Further maths) full ums in some modules
A2 predicted: A*A*A*A*A* ( 5th A* in EPQ)
UKCAT: avg. 647 SJT band 3

Could someone please tell me what my chances are in getting an interview!!??
Thank you :smile:
Original post by karishma behera
Hello everyone! i saw many people giving out great advice!
could someone pls help me as well...
i have already applied to Kings but i am worried my UKCAT stats are not good... but anyways these are my overall stats

GCSE: 8 A*s and 2 A's (english language and french) achieved full UMS in some
AS: AAAA (bio, phy, chem, maths) predicted A (AS Further maths) full ums in some modules
A2 predicted: A*A*A*A*A* ( 5th A* in EPQ)
UKCAT: avg. 647 SJT band 3

Could someone please tell me what my chances are in getting an interview!!??
Thank you :smile:

Lmao hahahahaha. What's it like being an underachiever?
Lmao hahahahaha. What's it like being an underachiever?

i am sorry i am a bit stressed so i am not sure if thats a joke or not lol but honestly i have a chance for an interview given my UKCAT score?
i am sorry i am a bit stressed so i am not sure if thats a joke or not lol but honestly i have a chance for an interview given my UKCAT score?

lol Is that question even worth asking? They consider everything holistically and that ukcat score isn't even anything to worry about.
It's really annoying me that the King's Apply service is down...
lol Is that question even worth asking? They consider everything holistically and that ukcat score isn't even anything to worry about.

but don't they say that a Band 3 in SJT is not so good. As in most candidates shortlisted for interview have band 1/2

But thank you!!! :biggrin:
but don't they say that a Band 3 in SJT is not so good. As in most candidates shortlisted for interview have band 1/2

Either way your other results are so good. But no one can give you confirmation of an interview, you have applied now so no point worrying about it.
Either way your other results are so good. But no one can give you confirmation of an interview, you have applied now so no point worrying about it.

cool thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest