The Student Room Group

Sociology Unit 1 MOCK HELP!!!!

Hi I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice if you think the following revision method is effective as time is tight and at this point I must be confident with my technique. So I have a pretty detailed glossary on the education and family topic not on studying society still working on that and I have answers to every past paper question there has been on all three unit 1 topics(Family,Education and Studying Society). So i was thinking going through the glossary and all past papers questions by reading them will help me go over the whole topic but then it hit me. The problem with going through past paper questions as a primary source of revision may will be bad as it is almost certain that there will be a new topic in my exam as they would probably not use same questions or concepts. I dont know i am confused can someone please help me figure out a fast effective revision method that is capable of getting me the A* I really want. Thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by ahm_7890
Hi I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice if you think the following revision method is effective as time is tight and at this point I must be confident with my technique. So I have a pretty detailed glossary on the education and family topic not on studying society still working on that and I have answers to every past paper question there has been on all three unit 1 topics(Family,Education and Studying Society). So i was thinking going through the glossary and all past papers questions by reading them will help me go over the whole topic but then it hit me. The problem with going through past paper questions as a primary source of revision may will be bad as it is almost certain that there will be a new topic in my exam as they would probably not use same questions or concepts. I dont know i am confused can someone please help me figure out a fast effective revision method that is capable of getting me the A* I really want. Thank you.

im in yr 11 and i did family education and studying society for my yr 10 mocks. i basically just memorized everything like case studies theories and key words. I got 87/90. I didn't practice my 12 markers cus my method is just: Intro For Against For Against Conclusion with a rebuttal in each paragraph (apart from intro). I lost 2 marks on 1 markers which is embarrassing
Reply 2
i didnt use past paper questions btw I wasn't bothered. Don't be like me when it comes to past papers xD, but also don't rely on past papers as questions are slightly different
Reply 3
Original post by Txhmid
im in yr 11 and i did family education and studying society for my yr 10 mocks. i basically just memorized everything like case studies theories and key words. I got 87/90. I didn't practice my 12 markers cus my method is just: Intro For Against For Against Conclusion with a rebuttal in each paragraph (apart from intro). I lost 2 marks on 1 markers which is embarrassing
Thanks, I will take your advice. I have pretty much memorized keywords just need to review the theories/concepts, any suggestions on how to that without wasting a lot of time. Wow 87/90, impressive stuff.
Reply 4
honestly, I'm not trying to sound arrogant or like a douche but I didn't revise sociology much because I found it pretty easy. I remembered most of the stuff anyway. I focused most of my revision on the sciences. Sociology is a subject where you can make up your own points so easily in 12 markers but you just need to relate it to some sort of case study or theory, and you can also find your own case studies via research. The examiners won't mind as long as it is a real case study.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest