The Student Room Group

Aqa as sociology

hi guys I just wanted to ask whether anyone can give me a really detailed layout of how to structure a 20 marker for the AS exams. Ive had a lot of substitute teachers lately which is ridiculous as I have my mock exams coming up so please please can someone help me, would really appreciate it :smile:
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

I did one today in whether couples are now more equal and structured it:

Intro
Reason they are
Reason they aren't
Reason are
Reason aren;t etc
Do equal reasons they are and aren't
Conclusion

Been told by teachers this is a right way to do it
I'm doing AQA sociology oh god I have so much to catch up on this subject :frown: we just did a 6week week exam and it was a 20 marker : evaluate how educational acheviement between different social groups results in the processes and factors within education ?
Good luck
Are u struggling to remember scholar s ideas. Or is it just me :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by princesshan
I did one today in whether couples are now more equal and structured it:

Intro
Reason they are
Reason they aren't
Reason are
Reason aren;t etc
Do equal reasons they are and aren't
Conclusion

Been told by teachers this is a right way to do it

thanks for the structure but what specifically should I mention in the intro and conclusion. for example do I talk about the 'item' in the intro and if so what should I talk about eg its theory such as functionalism, do I summarise reasons for and against or do i define the key words...? and the same goes with conclusion - do I summarise my main points/ give an opinion etc...?
Reply 5
Original post by X_Hope_X
I'm doing AQA sociology oh god I have so much to catch up on this subject :frown: we just did a 6week week exam and it was a 20 marker : evaluate how educational acheviement between different social groups results in the processes and factors within education ?
Good luck
Are u struggling to remember scholar s ideas. Or is it just me :frown:

yeah i too have to catch up on this subject since there's so many concepts and theories to remember! however im not particularly struggling on particular theories its more of the layout and structure of a 20 marker essay. I know the basic structure intro, reasons for and against and conclusion but I don't know what specific points I should make
Original post by Taahira_
yeah i too have to catch up on this subject since there's so many concepts and theories to remember! however im not particularly struggling on particular theories its more of the layout and structure of a 20 marker essay. I know the basic structure intro, reasons for and against and conclusion but I don't know what specific points I should make

Yeah, I struggled when I did my first 20mark question . I just got half Marks. hopefully when I get a tutor they can help me out .
But good luck with everything 🙂😳
Original post by Taahira_

What have u been taught about the structure because, we haven't really done it at school. My teacher went really quickly over it.
Thank You in advance
What have u been taught about the structure because, we haven't really done it at school. My teacher went really quickly over it.
Thank You
Reply 9
Thank You in advance

so in general the essay has an intro where you state the definitions of keywords and make reference the item they've given you, then your arguments in favour of the question/statement so why some sociologists would agree and thats around 2-3 paragraphs, then another 2-3 paragraphs of why some sociologists would disagree with the statement/question and then a conclusion which you summarise your main points.

Quick Reply

Latest