The Student Room Group

Architecture 2017 Entry!

Scroll to see replies

My deadline for the task is 25th October! Anyone done and submitted? I'm putting together portfolios now for separate unis! How're you all coping?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
Original post by czhang1998
Yhhhh true dat 😂Hopefully we can both get some kind of scholarships

Yeah i hope so too, but I don't think I'll get any
Original post by TSRMatt
My deadline for the task is 25th October! Anyone done and submitted? I'm putting together portfolios now for separate unis! How're you all coping?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What portfolio requests have you had?
I haven't sent off my UCAS yet but I study Maths, Art, and Physics, plus I'm doing and EPQ. I'm applying to Bath, Nottingham, Liverpool, Kent and Edinburgh.

Curious as to how people are approaching portfolios and what to put in them.
Original post by TSRMatt
Hey guys!!

How are you all doing??

Hopefully it's not too early to make this thread haha...
List where you're applying to down below and what your top choice and insurance would be if you received offers from your chosen universities!

Applied to: Bath, Cambridge, UCL, Nottingham and Oxford Brookes
First choice if received an offer: UCL/Bath
Insurance if received an offer: Oxford Brookes

Portfolios are stressful ahhhhhhh haha

There's a stickied thread for this already in the Architecture and the Built Environment forum.
Original post by PQ
There's a stickied thread for this already in the Architecture and the Built Environment forum.

Hey! Yeah I know, I made that thread 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Is_bel2587
I haven't sent off my UCAS yet but I study Maths, Art, and Physics, plus I'm doing and EPQ. I'm applying to Bath, Nottingham, Liverpool, Kent and Edinburgh.

Curious as to how people are approaching portfolios and what to put in them.

Hey there! How're you doing? I've applied to Nottingham and Bath😊 I'm just putting in whatever the universities suggest

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone got a sheffield portfolio request
Anyone gotten an offer yet??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eRric_O

Posted from TSR Mobile

nope😂
Original post by eRric_O

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got an offer from John Moores (ABB), submitted my nottingham portfolio today and got a portfolio request from manchester today due november 15th
Original post by JamesEvans
Has anyone got a sheffield portfolio request

just starting to think about portfolio preparation, the Bartlett Task!
Original post by TSRMatt
Hello peeps,

This is just a thread for those wanting to apply for architecture this October!

For me (this may change), I think my top 2 choices would be Bath or UCL. I'm planning on going to the open days in September!

Answer this:
AS subjects -
AS goals -
Latest mock grades -

Me:
AS subjects -
Art, History, Product Design, Maths

Think I'll drop History in A2

AS goals - AABB - AAAB
Latest mock grades - BBCD (second set of mocks start tomorrow but I have faith that I will improve!!)

UPDATE: Latest lastest mock grades: AABB

Matt

Hi I am a Mature student and i have applied for all top unis in the UK for Arhcitectre haha i am deluded yeah i know!!just starting to think about portfolio preparation, the Bartlett Task! OMG does anyone know where we could find a thread with examples, just so I can have an idea on what they expect!? please!!!! thank you guys and good luck to all!
Just had a portfolio request from sheffield, the same task again of 'your street'
Original post by avagardner
Hi I am a Mature student and i have applied for all top unis in the UK for Arhcitectre haha i am deluded yeah i know!!just starting to think about portfolio preparation, the Bartlett Task! OMG does anyone know where we could find a thread with examples, just so I can have an idea on what they expect!? please!!!! thank you guys and good luck to all!

I found this thread quite interesting http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2272232The guy clearly wasn't doing as he was told and so didn't get invited in.The interesting thing to us was that the drawings that DID get an interview weren't that great!I did wonder how many people here might add any drawings from their Bartlett task to their portfolio to go to other Universities ;-)
Original post by thewinelake
I found this thread quite interesting http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2272232The guy clearly wasn't doing as he was told and so didn't get invited in.The interesting thing to us was that the drawings that DID get an interview weren't that great!I did wonder how many people here might add any drawings from their Bartlett task to their portfolio to go to other Universities ;-)

I think one of the problems with that submission is that the drawings should be imagined, which I tried to do in most of my drawings for the task except one, where I drew my hand from life as it was literally in front of me while I was drawing😂 Hopefully that won't disqualify me... Also I think the task is not just testing your drawing skills, as they can be taught in uni, but mainly your spatial imagination I think
I'm sure that'll be fine, but I'm not sure that they're expecting to teach drawing to those that can't do it already - at least to some degree (but look at that "winning" entry - the perspective was terrible, so maybe you're right).
It's interesting that "imagined" drawing is not something they seem to do much of in school.
I wonder if there will be any sharing here of what people submitted after the close date?
Original post by thewinelake
I'm sure that'll be fine, but I'm not sure that they're expecting to teach drawing to those that can't do it already - at least to some degree (but look at that "winning" entry - the perspective was terrible, so maybe you're right).
It's interesting that "imagined" drawing is not something they seem to do much of in school.
I wonder if there will be any sharing here of what people submitted after the close date?

I'll probably share mine when everything is finished haha! No matter accepted or rejected it's always good reference for the future applicants 😊
Reply 98
Is architecture degree with foundation year good?
Silly question regarding the UCL Task - what do people here understand by the term "pen and ink"?
Seems to me that it is often just "a pen that uses ink - usually black" but sometimes "a pen-drawn picture with brushed-on ink tone/colour"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending