The Student Room Group

Why do so many people get so easily triggered by veganism?

Surely they have the brains to realise how idiotic they look getting triggered by people pointing out unnecessary suffering of animals, as opposed to getting triggered by the unnecessary suffering of animals itself?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't see how not using animal products is edgy. Edgy would be killing a cow with your bare hands and eating it raw.
me right now

Spoiler

what?

I've never once been 'triggered' by it ever. I just don't get why one's dietary choices etc. have to be discussed all the time… if you're vegan, fine. Eat vegan, that's awesome. Wooooo etc.. Same if you're a veggie etc.

It just doesn't really matter, if people do get triggered about it, then they need to sort it out ngl. :indiff:
Do people get triggered by Veganism or them really annoying Vegans that somehow seem to find 25 hours a day to post facebook status' about animal cruelty and how much better than you they are because they are vegan?
Be vegan if you wish, but unless we're going out for a meal or I'm cooking for you there's no reason I need to know!
I've honestly seen more people complaining about vegans than vegans complaining about meat-eaters.
Original post by RobML
Surely they have the brains to realise how idiotic they look getting triggered by people pointing out unnecessary suffering of animals, as opposed to getting triggered by the unnecessary suffering of animals itself?

I don't think you understand what a trigger is even if the widely misapplied way #generationsnowflake use it Veganism is a cult , Animal rights is a violent cult with a significant terrorist aspect , Hunt Sabs are terroists pure and simple the self righteous smug hypocrtical nature of vegans and animal right loonies is why most people even including normal people who are vegetarian are sick and fed up of the crustie jugglers and hipster twatbadgers with their woo and ******** about how great veganism is - conveniently ofrgettign that for veganism to work - all cultivable land would have to be under cultivation and there would be no cute baa-lambs, fuzzy ducklings or sleek pussycats left
It's 2016: everyone gets triggered by anything :biggrin:
Vegens are so annoying. Who even cares about what others put into their bodies? Good for you if you care that much for animals but others such as I see them as steak and chips! I will wear real fur and be happy :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by zippyRN
I don't think you understand what a trigger is even if the widely misapplied way #generationsnowflake use it Veganism is a cult , Animal rights is a violent cult with a significant terrorist aspect , Hunt Sabs are terroists pure and simple the self righteous smug hypocrtical nature of vegans and animal right loonies is why most people even including normal people who are vegetarian are sick and fed up of the crustie jugglers and hipster twatbadgers with their woo and ******** about how great veganism is - conveniently ofrgettign that for veganism to work - all cultivable land would have to be under cultivation and there would be no cute baa-lambs, fuzzy ducklings or sleek pussycats left

Thanks for providing a perfect example of what I'm talking about.
Reply 10
Original post by samantham999
Vegens are so annoying. Who even cares about what others put into their bodies? Good for you if you care that much for animals but others such as I see them as steak and chips! I will wear real fur and be happy :smile:

I don't care what other people put into their bodies. That's not even an argument veggies/vegans make.
Reply 11
Original post by iEthan
what?

I've never once been 'triggered' by it ever. I just don't get why one's dietary choices etc. have to be discussed all the time… if you're vegan, fine. Eat vegan, that's awesome. Wooooo etc.. Same if you're a veggie etc.

It just doesn't really matter, if people do get triggered about it, then they need to sort it out ngl. :indiff:

It's obvious what I'm talking about
Original post by RobML

It's obvious what I'm talking about

(Thank you :tongue:)

Meh. I just don't see the big deal.
Original post by RobML
I don't care what other people put into their bodies. That's not even an argument veggies/vegans make.

I meant it shouldnt concern a vegan why someone is deciding to eat meat therefore what they decide to put in their bodies.
Cretin.
Reply 14
If you're not a vegan, you have no core message. XD

Seriously though, everyone's different and should be allowed to eat whatever they want (except maybe cats or dogs, they're too cute).
Reply 15
Original post by samantham999
I meant it shouldnt concern a vegan why someone is deciding to eat meat therefore what they decide to put in their bodies.
Cretin.

Why shouldn't it be a concern?
Vegans view plant life as being inferior to animal life, yet view animal life as equal to human life.
That's cognitive dissonance in my opinion.
Original post by iEthan
what?

Triggered?
Reply 18
Original post by BobBobson
Vegans view plant life as being inferior to animal life, yet view animal life as equal to human life.
That's cognitive dissonance in my opinion.

??
Original post by johnTroy1
Triggered?

:no:

Quick Reply

Latest