The Student Room Group

Aston Villa FC Society III

Scroll to see replies

Yea it happened 3 points and away from home.

We have a lot of work to do to be a side that wins games regularly though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don' t matter how scrappy we got the win, great atmosphere tonight, without getting carried away maybe it will finally kick start our season.
Up the Villa.
some great videos on facebook of fans celewbrating. one guy drops his phone and it gets stamped on multiple times haha. another shshows the hordes of villa fans behind the goal celebrating the pen. my cousins mate works for reading and so cousin went to this and got tickets for the game so was live for this and approved of the villa fans.
Saw something on my Twitter TL with a load of fans invading the pitch after the goal. Can hardly blame them.

Your late penalty made my accumulator come in :smile: Only £80 but considering the stake was £2 i'll take it...
Original post by neal95
some great videos on facebook of fans celewbrating. one guy drops his phone and it gets stamped on multiple times haha. another shshows the hordes of villa fans behind the goal celebrating the pen. my cousins mate works for reading and so cousin went to this and got tickets for the game so was live for this and approved of the villa fans.

Link up the videos :cool:
Original post by Wilfred Little
The noise on that second one :cool:

yeah that one really shows our away support in all its glory, 1/4 of the stadium today!!
Amavi is starting today, edit: not sure how I managed to attatch the pub shakespear on here.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Rock Fan
Amavi is starting today, edit: not sure how I managed to attatch the pub shakespear on here.

Anyone find out possession stats highly worrying? 29% so far

Posted from TSR Mobile
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1477147994.942731.jpg

I appreciate we are the ones with the shots on target etc but if we want to control and win games regularly then you need far more possession than that

Posted from TSR Mobile
This stat is very bewildering. What have Fulham been doing with the ball? Passing it back and forth in their own half?
Original post by KingGoonIan
This stat is very bewildering. What have Fulham been doing with the ball? Passing it back and forth in their own half?

It was just turgid football but it's another 3 points and another few places up the table.

I've no idea why we have started to win but if we are to do it regularly and to control games we need two things.

More clear cut chances and more possession

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good win.

Second City Derby next :cool:
I will take another scrappy win, brilliant goal as well, Fulham had a lot of the ball but they kept passing backwards and sideways.
We're gonna win the league. Bruce is the messiah.
Original post by paul514
It was just turgid football but it's another 3 points and another few places up the table.

I've no idea why we have started to win but if we are to do it regularly and to control games we need two things.

More clear cut chances and more possession

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im not gonna pretend to be an expert on Villa, but your results seem to be turning round for the better. I hope you can make it into the playoffs.
Up the villa we go into the derby game with a lot of momentum and they go intonit having lost the game :smile:
Only thing I am concerned of is how fired up Birmingham will be now after getting beat like that Friday night.

Quick Reply

Latest