The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4660
Original post by AyatollahAssad
don't as it won't do me any good, I hate him.

So you are not a Muslim? Or believe in God in general?
Reply 4661
I do believe allah exists, I don't like him though, so I refuse to be muslim.

:s-smilie: Ok so you do believe he exists but you just don't want to submit to Him/your creator.
Reply 4662
the 'merciful' one.

Why don't you like Him?
Original post by YouHaveProblems
Also, I've found debating online is counterproductive because the opposition isn't trying to seek knowledge in most cases they have already made their mind up and are arrogant and no matter what you talk about they'll go and do more research and get deeper into their opinion.

Do you think this is true only of your opposition, or of people in debates more generally? After all, elsewhere on this page you've said that it's important for Muslims to avoid anything that might cause them to doubt, which is surely the equivalent of having one's mind made up without any prospect of change. :holmes:
Reply 4665
basically yes.

Reminds of a Jew who said he believes that Prophet Muhammad (saw) was the last messenger of Allah (basically the shahadah) but he did not want to leave his religion because he wanted to remain loyal and keep his pride.
Reply 4666
Original post by h333
Reminds of a Jew who said he believes that Prophet Muhammad (saw) was the last messenger of Allah (basically the shahadah) but he did not want to leave his religion because he wanted to remain loyal and keep his pride.

best not to feed that troll
(edited 7 years ago)
he's not very nice.

May Allah guide you to the truth.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4668
yeah anyone who disagrees with you is a troll...typical islamist

not really. im not going to tolerate you mocking our Creator.
Reply 4669
my situation is different to said Yahudi. it was you who told me to be patient, but I soon then realised I have been patient long enough.

I know it is. But it is quite relevant because like you said you do believe Allah swt exists but you choose not to submit to him. Just like him but with different reasons.

Observing patience is one factor but sincerely believing in Allah swt and reaching out to Him for guidance and help is another. As well as actually taking steps to seek the truth, understand the deen and reflect on your behaviour towards it. Don't just sit there and expect help to come to you. Talk about it, talk about your doubts etc sincerely.
Reply 4670
I really can't be asked anymore.

Do you not understand what you are saying?
You are not trying sincerely. You want answers quick and that is not observing patience.
Reply 4671
Original post by Leukocyte
May Allah guide you to the truth.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ameen.
Reply 4672
I got other things to do than feeling depressed all the time over religion, it's time to let go to maintain my sanity.

Well you have the free will to choose your path. But escaping from your creator who you do believe exists, you are deceiving no one but yourself.
Reply 4673
I guess i'll see you and billions of others in hell.

I do believe allah exists, I don't like him though, so I refuse to be muslim.

Why do you believe God exists?
why are you asking?

I would have thought it was rather clear...

Spoiler

the last person I would want advice from is a Shiite.

The literal interpretation of your statement:

"the last person I would want advice from is a [devout] follower".

Anyway, I was simply asking questions (as opposed to giving advice).

I can spot an immediate similarity between us however, both have too much free time.
no, that is your interpretation, by Shiite I mean weirdo.

Ah yes, the usual irony with such discussions.

There was a reason I said "literal interpretation"...
Come on guys we've been blessed with the report button. Use it already.

Posted from TSR Mobile
alright King Kong wannabe, Husain must be proud.

Speaking purely from the images selected by yourself, then this is something I disagree with.

Latest

Trending

Trending