The Student Room Group

How many hours should I study for?

My school i saying 8 hours in the weekends and 2 hours after school but I don't think I could cope with 8 hours (4x 2 hour chunks), are you meant to be studying for that long now? I know that after February half term I should be studying for longer but not for long now?
Original post by pinkypaz123
My school i saying 8 hours in the weekends and 2 hours after school but I don't think I could cope with 8 hours (4x 2 hour chunks), are you meant to be studying for that long now? I know that after February half term I should be studying for longer but not for long now?

I would suggest aiming to complete work for a manageable number of subjects/topics each day, rather than trying to study for a certain number of hours. Everyone learns differently and has different attention spans, so it's better in my opinion to simply decide on a few subjects/topics each day and just revise those in the way which suits you best :smile:
Reply 2
Is this for GCSE?

Most people at my school manages to cope with doing minimal revision until several months before the exams.

If you are struggling for your GCSEs, you should probably start earlier. But definitely don't do 8 hours, that is really not necessary at this time of year.

However much you feel comfortable with. It's better to do less hours but effective revision instead of the other way.

No, no, no, no, no, no

Spoiler

Doing that, you'll be completely burnt out by the exam.

If you feel like you can't cope with 8 hours, don't do 8 hours. It's really that simple.

Different people learn in different ways, no-one can tell you how much you have to do. Just chill for now, and make notes on what you've done already at a steady pace :h:
Original post by _gcx
No, no, no, no, no, no

Spoiler

Doing that, you'll be completely burnt out by the exam.

If you feel like you can't cope with 8 hours, don't do 8 hours. It's really that simple.

Different people learn in different ways, no-one can tell you how much you have to do. Just chill for now, and make notes on what you've done already at a steady pace :h:

Lol you seem pretty chill when are yourmocks ?
Original post by samaad1
Lol you seem pretty chill when are yourmocks ?

January.
Original post by _gcx
January.

lucky you mine are on the 14th of november

Quick Reply

Latest