The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The long reply I have just received said that the competencies were scored against the behaviour indicators in the candidate pack. They are not free to divulge any scores apparently. They don't seem to read into what you've put, you've got to explicitly highlight the good behaviour in the competency statement. I suppose it shows that the statements aren't about putting across relevant experience, but about meeting the civil services checklist, although the former is what I did for my initial competencies. Anyway, I know what to expect when the job comes up again in 4 months.
Original post by Sk80gse
I do think it's terrible that scores aren't being shared. I think it must be a manpower thing because I have never known it to happen for any other civil service recruitment.

Don't want to get your hopes up but I also got my rejection for Liverpool about 90 minutes ago. Fingers crossed if you've not received anything it means you've passed! :smile:
Original post by raykage
Done.

Thanks.
Original post by THEJACKLE
How long between the last recruitment and this one btw? I was let down by my competency statement, but that's no surprise really.

6 month, I got through to the interview stage but just got unsuccessful email!
Unsuccessful for Stratford. Seems like this time around everyone's gotten a rejection email.

Funnily enough these competency examples I gave were good enough for me to pass the police interview!

Had nobody who heard today been successful?
Has anyone who applied for Belfast heard anything yet? I'm still waiting here.
Original post by itsmyname
Unsuccessful for Stratford. Seems like this time around everyone's gotten a rejection email.

Funnily enough these competency examples I gave were good enough for me to pass the police interview!

I'm still waiting keep checking every 30 seconds. Only unsuccessful people have posted so far.
Original post by Sk80gse
I'm still waiting keep checking every 30 seconds. Only unsuccessful people have posted so far.

Good luck
Original post by Nobby054
6 month, I got through to the interview stage but just got unsuccessful email!

As I said way back, the entire process seems designed to allow capable people to slip through. Someone else said that the last recruitment was 4ish months ago, so I'm hoping that's the case. From what I've heard from other civil servants, theres a massive backlog for security checks, along with about a months wait from interview, so its anyones guess when the next recruitment drive happens. Sorry to see your news, hopefully we both have better luck next time.
I applied for Stratford and still haven't heard anything.

Commiserations for everyone who hasn't got through - I'm sure I'll be commiserating myself shortly!
It seems they're just getting the rejections out of the way first. I just got mine, it's a shame really. The tests went well and I thought there was nothing more that I could add to make the competency responses more relevant, oh well. Commiserations to those in the same boat and congrats to those who receive an invite to interview!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by cheerios92
It seems they're just getting the rejections out of the way first. I just got mine, it's a shame really. The tests went well and I thought there was nothing more that I could add to make the competency responses more relevant, oh well. Commiserations to those in the same boat and congrats to those who receive and invite to interview!

Sorry to hear. Which location did you choose?
Original post by Jamiebb1993
Sorry to hear. Which location did you choose?

Croydon. Would have been ideal cause I live very local to where to the new office is!
Wow, really worried now - Newcastle and no news!

I've done the police interviews/ forms (I also passed at interview, but I dropped out before training), they seem to use a far better system for checking behaviour. I did them to become a special, and they were about what you'll'd do in certain situations. Their statement form was quite clear on what they were after, not tucked away in an appendix, and the interview was quite clear. I also got notifications really quickly, it only took them 3 days to get back to me. It was all a relatively pleasant experience.

This has been by far the weirdest application I've done. I've never had to do one where you couldn't go back and review your application before submitting. Nor have I seen an application where they don't infer qualities from your answers. Its been an interesting experience and I suppose I know what to do in future.

Anyway, good luck for those who have passed or are yet to hear :smile:
Reply 435
Original post by webster89
Wow, really worried now - Newcastle and no news!

No news is good news. I'm in the same situation as you so I'm hoping that at least
They could be doing different cities/offices at a time though, I don't think anyone from Newcastle has heard yet.
Anyone else on here that chose London?
Anyone else on here that chose London?

I applied for Stratford.

Looks like a batch of unsuccessful emails have gone out tonight but I'm going to give up refreshing my emails now.

Hopefully having not heard back is good news.
Reply 439
Has anyone heard from Belfast yet?

Latest

Trending

Trending