The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Is it alright to not be sporty at Loughborough?

I am thinking of applying to do a Politics course at Loughborough, but I'm a bit worried because I'm really not sporty and it seems like a very sporty place. I am also quite left wing, and am a bit concerned that I would be a minority on the politics course. If anyone is in the same boat or can help me out at all, it would be great.
Reply 1
i'm about to start studying Politics and International Relations at Loughborough this year and I am not sporty at all either! If you go to an open day it will deffo put your mind at rest as it isn't forced upon you at all, which is what I was worried about before visiting. Obviously its an amazing university for sport and they completely support any participation but you're not outcast or anything like that if you don't want to get involved in a sport. With regards to you being left-wing, I didn't get the feeling that you'd be a minority or anything like that for your political beliefs, so I wouldn't worry about that too much, I'm sure political views are completely varied at any university - hope I helped a little
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
Original post by jdn01
i'm about to start studying Politics and International Relations at Loughborough this year and I am not sporty at all either! If you go to an open day it will deffo put your mind at rest as it isn't forced upon you at all, which is what I was worried about before visiting. Obviously its an amazing university for sport and they completely support any participation but you're not outcast or anything like that if you don't want to get involved in a sport. With regards to you being left-wing, I didn't get the feeling that you'd be a minority or anything like that for your political beliefs, so I wouldn't worry about that too much, I'm sure political views are completely varied at any university - hope I helped a little

thanks so much. Good luck on your course. If you have any different information, with regards to the political views thing, give me a shout.
Original post by bruh.y
I am thinking of applying to do a Politics course at Loughborough, but I'm a bit worried because I'm really not sporty and it seems like a very sporty place. I am also quite left wing, and am a bit concerned that I would be a minority on the politics course. If anyone is in the same boat or can help me out at all, it would be great.

Hi bruh.y

Great that you're thinking of studying at Loughborough :smile:
I can't really put it better than jdn01 did. If you like sport, there's no better place to come than Loughborough, but if sport isn't your thing - there is so much else to do it really isn't a problem. We have tonnes of clubs and societies that aren't sport related and you'd be surprised at how many non-sporty students we have. Yes we're great at sport, but we're great at a whole load of other things too.

If you're looking for 2017 entry, you've just missed our open days, but you can come an visit on a Wednesday afternoon for a campus tour during term time - you can find info here.
If you need any more info, let me know.

Original post by jdn01
i'm about to start studying Politics and International Relations at Loughborough this year

jdn01 - good luck with your course, hope you enjoy freshers week :biggrin:

Vicky
Don't worry about being left wing, you'll soon grow out of that.
Loughborough uni is ****.

Nightlife = ****
Social aspects = ****
Lectures = below average
Students = spoon fed by mummy and daddy all their lives
Halls = like prison
Freedom = non existent (only those spoon fed their whole lives think otherwise)
Town = one big JOKE

God only knows how they got rated 4th by times league table, blatantly some kind of bribery. Take a look at the world rankings and you'll find it finishes well and I mean well below universities you wouldn't even say compete with it.

The results are biased for entertainment too In the fact that you could stick half these students in the most unenjoyable of places but just because they're not at home with mum and dad means they'd vote any kind of clubbing amazing. If you want the true university experience in my opinion don't come here. Simple as that
I'm not sporty at all but I'm going maybe.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous11234
Loughborough uni is ****.

Nightlife = ****
Social aspects = ****
Lectures = below average
Students = spoon fed by mummy and daddy all their lives
Halls = like prison
Freedom = non existent (only those spoon fed their whole lives think otherwise)
Town = one big JOKE

God only knows how they got rated 4th by times league table, blatantly some kind of bribery. Take a look at the world rankings and you'll find it finishes well and I mean well below universities you wouldn't even say compete with it.

The results are biased for entertainment too In the fact that you could stick half these students in the most unenjoyable of places but just because they're not at home with mum and dad means they'd vote any kind of clubbing amazing. If you want the true university experience in my opinion don't come here. Simple as that

OMG??????
Are you still studying there?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending